Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Are you actually serious? Liverpool get so many decisions go there way it is unbelievable.

Apart from the Sterling penalty at Stoke name one blatantly obvious wrong decision that has gone our way (excluding today)

Are you gunna argue that Miralles shouldn't have been sent off twenty minutes into our game or that we were royally screwed at Chelsea, Sterling being two yards onside and having a goal disallowed at City.

In the big games we have had almost nothing go our way apart from today.

EDIT: and the Sturridge penalty at OT but irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as we had the game wrapped up and had no bearing on the outcome.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

-Suarez should have been sent off, altough he was forgiven because his first yellow was too much. Still he acted very stupid... again.

-There was a very argueable penalty of Kompany on Suarez

-Again Liverpool showing they can commit a lot of defensive mistakes that end up in goals, Skrtel + Sakho = A bag full of mistakes

-Sterling and Coutinho the best of Liverpool today

-There was a very argueable penalty on Silva

-Skrtel is the most dangerous center back in the offensive aerial balls nowadays, the complete opposite in the defensive aerial balls.

Bottom line, there has been way more games in which decissions are against Liverpool and on his favor (at least in the last 2-3 seasons) so they won a decissive game and got decissions on their favor? Good for Liverpoo.

Regards,

Such a huge result today, what a game, a superb advert for the Premier League two top quality sides going hammer and tong at each other, excitement, thrills, nerves, great play it had it all.

First half we were absolutely sensational in almost every aspect. Complete domination of the game some of the pace, interchange, movement were sensational and we ripped City to pieces, should have gone in more than 2-0 up.

You expected a reaction and boy did City give one. They showed enormous charachter and no little class to come back and we were on the ropes big time for a twenty minute spell in that half. David Silva was sensational in that period and Milner to be fair also provided extra impetus in place of the woeful Navas.

Some of there football was wonderful to watch (although I was not saying that at the time) and as good as the diamond worked for us in the first half, City exposed the weakness with the diamond in the second.

The winner completely against the run of play but a wonderful finish by Coutinho and those last fifteen minutes were as excruciating as I can remember me feeling since the Champions League semi final in 05 but we held on and that was the main thing.

MOTM for me was Sterling he was wonderful, the boy has become a man and has to be regarded as one of the most important players in the PL now he really has been that good. Coutinho also had a good game, Gerrard held the team together, just a wonderful day.

Big win but at a big cost, the loss of Henderson for three games is a big big blow he is the engine in that midfield and not sure how bad Sturridge injury is, although he had a stinker today he is very important.

On another note a very emotional day with all that this time of year entails and a massive thank you to the Man City fans for the wonderfully observed minute's silence and the banner of support a nice touch from a club that's fans I have always thought amongst the best in the League.

Norwich next another tough game, they all will be they will be scrapping for points and one of those really early kick off's which I don't like at all. One game at a time, one game at a time.

Are you actually serious? Liverpool get so many decisions go there way it is unbelievable.

I have quite a bit of respect for you as you normally post quite sensibly on here. But the above quote is one of the most bitter, ridiculous statements you've ever made. Anyone who says that one specific team (other than Man Utd :P) benefit more from refereeing decisions than others is oblivious. They even out over the course of a season. Without doubt.

Carragher must be gutted he retired last season.

This.

Probably the only sensible thing you said all day though.

Was gionna say id be happy for the Blues to get 4th........ :o

Sterling was boss today, but Flanagan again was great. That challenge on Milner...

Said it before, deserves a callup to the NT for at least one of the friendlies.

Not gonna deny we got a heck of a lot of decisions today, but to say we get the majority of the decisions our way all season is ridiculous (Not surprising coming from a bluenose). From my mind, Sterlings penalty at Stoke, Sturridges at United and Flanagans at West Ham are the penalties that we got in our favour this season.

In that same game with United Sturridge was cleaned out by Carrick a few minutes later for a clear penalty, Rafael not being sent off for handball, and in the West Ham game they never should of got their equaliser. Add to that Eto'o's high foot on Henderson was a straight red when we first met and he went on to score the winner, he then cleaned Suarez out in the box in the last minute and we didn't get the penalty. City, Sterling was about 5 yards onside and had his goal disallowed. That's just off the top of my head, when it's come to actual 'Game Changing' decisions we've been on the wrong end the majority of the time up until today. No need to discuss the amount of game changing decisions City have got this season so reading some of the tweets from their fans that they never get decisions and we cheated today was funny and ironic.

Anyway Adam I forgive you :P and I hope you make 4th, would be fantastic on this special year for both Merseyside teams to make it to the Champions League.

So what would you guys do with Henderson out now? Gerrards safe from suspension now with the reset, IMO would put Lucas back in defensive midfield and let Gerrard roam forward again though with that we lose major legs in midfield, the other option is to put Allen in and hope he rises to the occasion (added great legs today and was good in the reverse fixture before injury) before injury him and Henderson looked great so much effort but Allen is one of those, he can have a great game and look like a 15 million player and then he can be completely invisible and dreadful. Really think if we miss out on the league from this position we'll look back on that rash challenge from Henderson as a turning point he's been that key to our football this season.

As for Sturridge, nothing being reported yet but it looked like a hamstring injury which could easily be to 2/3 games or even the season. Again means a shift in tactics, though this could be a blessing he's looked pretty exhausted and clueless in the last few games, also means we can put Suarez back in his favoured position for the Norwich game. But again who comes in now? Moses? Aspas? really short on options or do we throw Allen and Lucas in and push Coutinho out wide again.

Will be really interesting to see what tactics are adopted by BR now. Seen a few Liverpool fans already looking to the Chelsea match but Norwich won't be pushovers, different manager different tactics and are actually playing for survival now and we have added pressure of leading the league, it won't be the walkover of previous matches in my opinion.

Got to admit I would be disappointed if we didn't win from this position, but the season as a whole has been fantastic and completely un-expected and the football we've played has been an absolute privilege to watch, but none of this will be remembered if we don't win the league. *Insert Brad Pitt speech from Troy* immortality and such is available for these players to take. ;)

Steven Gerrard has to be the furthest back. He can't run. He can't press well enough. Playing him ahead of the DM would change the way we play completely. Lucas will come in in Hendersons place, Allen will come in and coutinho will move wide. No doubt about the personnel whatsoever however he may stick to the diamond and put sterling up front. Lucas can play CM well enough. We can't afford anymore injuries or suspensions now though

Steven Gerrard has to be the furthest back. He can't run. He can't press well enough. Playing him ahead of the DM would change the way we play completely. Lucas will come in in Hendersons place' date=' Allen will come in and coutinho will move wide. No doubt about the personnel whatsoever however he may stick to the diamond and put sterling up front. Lucas can play CM well enough. We can't afford anymore injuries or suspensions now though[/quote']

Migs

Johnson Skrtel Mamadou Flanno

Gerrard

Lucas Allen

Sterling------Suarez-----Coutinho

I think Rodgers would be mad to move Gerrard anywhere. And I also think the loss of Henderson is overplayed a bit. Allen can do a lot of what Henderson does so I don't think that's going to be that much of a problem. More problematic is the loss of Sturridge, I'm almost hoping it's Aspas who comes in for him rather than Lucas.

Let's hope Sturridge is fit inside 2 weeks but I don't want us to rush him.

Gerrard

Allen - Coutinho

Sterling

Suarez - Aspas

Gerrard

Allen - Lucas

Sterling_________Coutinho

Suarez

I'd be very tempted to play the one with Aspas even though it's not exactly ideal. Lucas and Allen in CM just looks very uninspiring.

Re: Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

Bottom line' date=' there has been way more games in which decissions are against Liverpool and on his favor [b'](at least in the last 2-3 seasons)[/b] so they won a decissive game and got decissions on their favor? Good for Liverpoo.

Not quite sure how you came to this conclusion.

The old Debatable Decisions website shows Liverpool were usually on the end of the most incorrect decisions during the previous seasons. They actually had more big calls against them than any other team.

Liverpool u21s leading Everton u21s 1-0 after the first half. Both teams looking to keep the ball and build their attacks patiently (especially Everton) but this pitch doesn't exactly favour keeping the ball on the floor.

Everton haven't really worried Liverpool at all but we've not been able to create too many clear cut chances either. Teixeira's been bossing the middle of the park.

Liverpool u21s leading Everton u21s 1-0 after the first half. Both teams looking to keep the ball and build their attacks patiently (especially Everton) but this pitch doesn't exactly favour keeping the ball on the floor.

Everton haven't really worried Liverpool at all but we've not been able to create too many clear cut chances either. Teixeira's been bossing the middle of the park.

Ended 1-1. Fair result as Everton were the better team in the second half. Lloyd Jones and Teixeira Liverpool's best players.

Good result for us tonight, IF we can beat Norwich we can now afford to draw at home to Chelsea as long as we beat Palace and Newcastle.

It's doing my head in now :P , all season I thought we would finish top 4 but I never for 1 minute expected us to be so close to winning the title, got that exciting feeling I had as a kid while waiting for Christmas :D

Just have an awful feeling we will blow it somewhere though :(

Good result for us tonight' date=' IF we can beat Norwich we can now afford to draw at home to Chelsea as long as we beat Palace and Newcastle.

It's doing my head in now :P , all season I thought we would finish top 4 but I never for 1 minute expected us to be so close to winning the title, got that exciting feeling I had as a kid while waiting for Christmas :D

Just have an awful feeling we will blow it somewhere though :([/quote']

Chelsea and Palace are probably two of the toughest sides to play right now really tough games especially without Hendo and possibly Sturridge.

But no point worrying about them right now, Norwich will be tough enough but imperative we go there and get the result we need.

Nervous times, said it all along but Chelsea are the team and match that worries me the most, they ain't pretty in fact they are God damn boring most of the time but they know how to get results and if any side can come to Anfield and do a job on us it would be them.

They get the advantage of playing first this weekend and bar us possibly I can't see them dropping any points....so many permutations.

Come on lads lets go to Norwich grind it out whatever is needed, results now is all that matter.

You'll beat Norwich easily.

Hasnt Suarez got hat-tricks in the last 2-3 matches against them?

No Hendo, No Sturridge probably makes a massive difference to our side.

Norwich need the points, just like Sunderland tonight they won't be pushovers highly motivated side at this stage if the season is a dangerous animal.

Much rather be playing a Hull, Newcastle etc teams with nowt to play for.

Suarez has got ten goals in four games against Norwich fingers crossed he gets another three :o:)