Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Penny for your thoughts?

You can now lose to Chelsea and still win the league..

If we win tomorrow, Chelsea won't even bother showing up because they know their only chance of silverware is the CL. Tomorrow probably won't be an easy game, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need to start that game fast and score in the opening ten minutes.

Penny for your thoughts?

You can now lose to Chelsea and still win the league..

If they lose to Chelsea (which is probably a flip of a coin) then City will probably still win the title on GD if they win all their remaining games.

A lot of people getting waaaay ahead of themselves and the majority of them aren't Liverpool fans. Chelsea losing to Palace, Sunderland and Villa epitomises anything can happen and there is still a long way to go yet. It isn't over until It is mathematically impossible for no one else to win the league and the quality of the PL means anything can happen.

If I've done my maths right City only need us to lose to Chelsea to have it back in their hands on goal difference? Or have I done my maths wrong?

I worked it out the same as you as well. Doesn't matter anyway as I don't think City will beat us at Goodison anyway.

If they lose to Chelsea (which is probably a flip of a coin) then City will probably still win the title on GD if they win all their remaining games.

A lot of people getting waaaay ahead of themselves and the majority of them aren't Liverpool fans. Chelsea losing to Palace' date=' Sunderland and Villa epitomises anything can happen and there is still a long way to go yet. It isn't over until It is mathematically impossible for no one else to win the league and the quality of the PL means anything can happen.[/quote']

If I've done my maths right City only need us to lose to Chelsea to have it back in their hands on goal difference? Or have I done my maths wrong?

Did you miss my post? :P

we have two hard games coming up, Chelsea and palace, if we beat Norwich and chelsea then yes, we are gonna win the league. I think if we beat Norwich tomorrow, I think chelsea wont put a big team out against us beacause i think they will focus on the CL now.

Imo Palace game is our hardest game left, 5 wins on the run, away from home and knowing our trouble with raising our game against the smaller teams. If we drop points before that match then I think it'll be panic stations at Palace.

Every game is rock solid, early goal is needed massively tomorrow to settle the team and the fans.

Honestly the Liverpool fans are e most sane people in here, nothing is won, nothing is even close to being won.

Chelsea's defeat only means something if we win tomorrow which will be a very very tough ask against a side desperate for points.

Nobody mentions City but as I said days ago, absolute folly to count them out they only need one slip from us.

Stupid kick off time tomorrow, whole change of routine etc etc away from home extremely difficult.

Just fans of other sides who get ahead of themselves everybody had City and Chelsea as banker home wins this week, things don't work out as simply as everybody seems to think it does.

Honestly the Liverpool fans are e most sane people in here' date=' nothing is won, nothing is even close to being won.

Chelsea's defeat only means something if we win tomorrow which will be a very very tough ask against a side desperate for points.

Nobody mentions City but as I said days ago, absolute folly to count them out they only need one slip from us.

Stupid kick off time tomorrow, whole change of routine etc etc away from home extremely difficult.

Just fans of other sides who get ahead of themselves everybody had City and Chelsea as banker home wins this week, things don't work out as simply as everybody seems to think it does.[/quote']

Nah mate, you lot have this league wrapped up and I think that will be made more clear when we beat City at home in a few weeks time.

Nah mate' date=' you lot have this league wrapped up and I think that will be made more clear when we beat City at home in a few weeks time.[/quote']

The form Palace are in, I wouldn't put it past them beating Liverpool and bottom of the league has beaten 2nd and 3rd. Even if Everton best City, it's still not over.

Nah mate' date=' you lot have this league wrapped up and I think that will be made more clear when we beat City at home in a few weeks time.[/quote']

You might be out the race for 4th place by then and I would imagine quite a few Evertonians wouldn't be to dissapointed if City were to win....

I hope you win your next two matches so you have got something riding on that game.

Norwich, Chelsea, Palace is a very difficult run of fixtures.