Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I'd like you to go in for some of the Spurs players. Not that Levy would be likely sell but from a neutral point of view I'd like to see Vertonghen/Paulinho/Eriksen in your team

Vertonghen has been making noise about leaving for Champs League football. Say he'd be a hefty fee think he's a quality player.

Wouldn't mind Sandro' date=' seems to have fallen out with Spurs hierarchy and is exactly what we need in centre midfield.[/quote']

Not sure if he's exactly what you need but he'll surely do a job for you. Would take him over Lucas any day.

A physical ball winning midfielder who offers far more than Allen and Lucas?

Yes we do

Could he play box to box ahead of Stevie though? I'm a little skeptical. Think Lars Bender would be a better option as he could play DM and box to box equally well so could play instead of Stevie and with him

A physical ball winning midfielder who offers far more than Allen and Lucas?

Yes we do

No we don't.

He is bang average, Gerrard has that DM position nailed down and there is no room for a footballer like Sandro who has absolutely no talent with using the football whatsoever in the midfield two in front of them.

He can't pass, he can't create, he can't score, his disciplinary record is poor and his attitude stinks......

A regressive signing if ever I saw one. Give me Allen or Lucas over him every day of the week. Not to mention I see Coutinho being played in that central three a lot more next season.

Sandro has nothing to offer, Rodgers would never even entertain going for somebody of such limited footballing ability.

Lars Bender-20 mil

Ricardo Rodriguez-14mil

Micah Richards-free

Konoplyanka-16mil

Suso' date=' Borini, wisdom, ilori

=squad complete[/quote']

If I were a Liverpool fan I'd probably rather Paulinho over Sandro. Lars Bender is a decent shout too. However I don't think you'd have a 'complete' squad were you to add just the players above.

They seem to be adding players without adding vastly to the quality if you ask me.

If I were a Liverpool fan I'd probably rather Paulinho over Sandro. Lars Bender is a decent shout too. However I don't think you'd have a 'complete' squad were you to add just the players above.

They seem to be adding players without adding vastly to the quality if you ask me.

Exactly. They need a marquee signing, a Koke, a Di Maria, a Sanchez... I high profile name. League champions can attract anybody.

Rodriguez and Bender would be massive upgrades on Flanagan and Henderson. The rest would provide quality depth that we desperately need. A marquee 30 mil signing would be nice but not necessary. We need to build a squad that can compete in Europe as well so we need quality depth over one or two marquee signings IMO. That would come the year after once we've qualified for Europe again and have good strength in depth.

Rodriguez and Bender would be massive upgrades on Flanagan and Henderson. The rest would provide quality depth that we desperately need. A marquee 30 mil signing would be nice but not necessary. We need to build a squad that can compete in Europe as well so we need quality depth over one or two marquee signings IMO. That would come the year after once we've qualified for Europe again and have good strength in depth.

Would Bender really be better than Henderson? He may be a better player but does he fit the system as well as Henderson does as since he has started playing well it has also seen Gerrard play a hell of a lot better as well.

A sure fire way to really cock up what you've done so well this season is to start replacing your best performers. Henderson's been brilliant this season IMO and really suits the box-to-box role. So much so that he's pushed Gerrard back into the deeper midfield position since the latter returned from injury (not that Gerrard's not played very well there).

At the moment' date=' on your books you have:

GK: Mignolet, Reina, Jones

DF: Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Toure, Agger, Sakho, Flanagan, Enrique, Wisdom, Ilori

MF: Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Allen, Suso

FW: Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Aspas, Borini, Assaidi, Alberto

IMO, the ones in red aren't currently cut out for the level you'll want to be at (Jones is assuming that Reina leaves and he will be the second keeper).

That leaves you wanting at least one fullback but potentially more if Johnson leaves or I've misjudged Enrique. Most probably a CB. Another CM as you'll want 2 players for each of the 3 positions. Another 2 wingers/strikers.

It's doable but I'd hang onto Johnson personally.

Would Bender really be better than Henderson? He may be a better player but does he fit the system as well as Henderson does as since he has started playing well it has also seen Gerrard play a hell of a lot better as well.

His form hasnt been great seen the xmas break either.

Im just too sceptical of any signings from the Bundesliga, its a bit too flavour of the month IMO..... heck Ji Dong Won is a good BuLi player :D

and the track record of BuLi to EPL aint great..all players are different but the big movers in recent times like Kagawa, Papiss Cisse, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Podolski, Mertesacker, Marin..can you really say they have set the league alight?

Just seen a report LFC thinking of bidding 27M for Mkhitarayan..:confused:

He's better but most importantly he could play Gerrard and Hendersons roles. I'm not sure what better CM/DMs would be available to be honest. I do think our priorities should be In defence though.

Lars Bender-20 mil

Ricardo Rodriguez-14mil

Micah Richards-free

Konoplyanka-16mil

Suso' date=' Borini, wisdom, ilori

=squad complete[/quote']

Ivan Rakitic

^ Replace Bender with Rakitic and I'd be very happy with those signings.