Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

It's a fair argument but we constantly see players like Lamela arrive with big reputations and they just don't cut the mustard over here. I'm personally a big fan of Lallana. He's technically on another level to the likes of Downing so don't think he's anywhere near as big of a risk. All about opinions but at the end of the day it's BR's opinion that counts and if he thinks Lallana is worth 20m then who are we to say he isn't.

Do you guys actually believe we gonna pay 25M for Lallana?

The transfer committee is so stingy in the past (Dempsey, Willian, Salah, Konoplyanka), I don't believe for a second we gonna pay that money for him.

That's too much and far from what we have build on (don't splash money around) in the past transfer window.

But saying that, I would love Lallana in our squad. If it's not too much, he is a combination of Henderson (industrious) and Coutinho (vision) plus better finishing. Straight to the first XI for me in expense of Coutinho.

And Neller, it should concern us because the more money we splash the less player we gonna get, for instance we can get 1 Coutinho and 1 Salah for Lallana right now. ;) After all, we don't have unlimited money like some club.

Why is Lallana £25million all of a sudden anyway.

You mention Rakitic' date=' but he would probably costs around 15-20 million as well? You can tell Adam Lallana doesn't have the same mentality as Downing. The man was scared to take a player on.[/quote']

No more than 15 milion I'd have thought. Which would probably be a fair sum for Lallana. Downing was a very good player for Villa but you overpay for a player who hasnt shown their quality for an extended period of time and they are always likely to feel the pressure

No more than 15 milion I'd have thought. Which would probably be a fair sum for Lallana. Downing was a very good player for Villa but you overpay for a player who hasnt shown their quality for an extended period of time and they are always likely to feel the pressure

I think that is more to do with the mentality of the player and if they can make the step up to a higher level.

just saying this is Southamptons logic. 25% of any fee with go to Bournthmouth i believe. 15m will drop to 11.5m. For them to sell their captain and get 11m is not worth their time when they can long out his contract. I agree hes a 15m player but its that situatuion. Personally id have Suso come

just saying this is Southamptons logic. 25% of any fee with go to Bournthmouth i believe. 15m will drop to 11.5m. For them to sell their captain and get 11m is not worth their time when they can long out his contract. I agree hes a 15m player but its that situatuion. Personally id have Suso come

I can see why they would want to overcharge, they will want to get as much as possible for sure. But yeah I'd rather just give Suso the minutes, he has way more potential than Lallana even though I do still rate him

Slowly.....slowly....like a turning leaf or the changing of the seasons.....slowly.......you will all see the sense in my previous transfer speculation of building the squad not the first team......slowly......spending smaller on established 7/10 prem players.......slowly.......just a sprinkling of first team purchases..........slowly....:D;)

I'm like Paul McKenna me.

(more like Paul McShane)

Who then?

Lallana has been better than Eriksen.

Lallana has 1200 extra minutes in the league, more Premiership experience so of course he's looked better to some. Eriksen is a quality player, almost 4 years younger and has more than likely got a higher ceiling than Lallana too. 10 goals and 10 assists (all comps) from less minutes than Lallana in his first season, playing under 2 managers with completely different ways of playing, I'd say they're about even.

How many times have you seen him play this season then? What's he like? What would he bring to your side that the other two wouldn't? Do you think he would adapt well to the English game. Does he have GRIT and PASSION?

What so if you don't have grit and passion you cant play in the English game?

For what it is worth Rakitic can never be accused of a lack of passion he is a quality player, you only have to see the performances he has given at Sevilla this season to recognise that.

One of my favourite players to watch brilliant on the ball, good passing range, very creative an eye for a goal and has real leadership qualities, not afraid to take on responsibility. His performances in the big games especially this season against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid have been immense, the game at the Nou Camp he was the best player on the pitch.

I would take Rakitic over Lallana if I had a choice but perectly happy with either both would be excellent additions to the squad.

I don't think you understand sarcasm. Yes' date=' if you don't have GRIT and PASSION you'll be found out playing in the British Premier League. It's just a fact.[/quote']

I don't think you understand football full stop but c'est la vie :)

Completely untrue lots of flair players who perhaps don't show "grit" have flourished in the Premier League. The likes of Ginola, Overmars etc etc

Anyhow moving on......

How many do we expect City to win by today then??

Im going for a comfortable 2-0 with the Everton players and fans (in particular) rolling over with considerable ease.

I highly doubt they will show the type of professionalism we did in 95.

If you listen to them on the phone in's think they will all show up wearing City shirts as it is :P

Anyhow moving on......

How many do we expect City to win by today then??

Im going for a comfortable 2-0 with the Everton players and fans (in particular) rolling over with considerable ease.

I highly doubt they will show the type of professionalism we did in 95.

If you listen to them on the phone in's think they will all show up wearing City shirts as it is :P

5-0 City please.

Excellent conspiracy theory. I think, personally, that they'll show up wearing their shiny clean boots, play some football and try and beat the opposition side hoping that a day later Arsenal stumble and keep their Champions League hopes alive until the final day. How exciting would that be? Apparently Palace rolled over against Manchester City last week though, so what do I know, eh?

LOL at the badge :P

Sums up Everton fans for me' date=' always hoping for Liverpool to fail rather than think of success for themselves.....

It is a mentality thing....inferiority ;)[/quote']

Not really I just want City to win for an easier life. Your fans are annoying already and it would get worse if you won the league.

Not really I just want City to win for an easier life. Your fans are annoying already and it would get worse if you won the league.

No danger of that I mean look Alcaraz and Coleman were just warming up last week, I aint even gunna bother to watch I have written it off already.

Dunno what your worried about we wont beat Palace anyway so you might as well try and get something......but you wont :o

To be honest it's just good to see financially doped clubs other than Chelsea and Man City up there in the title race. It's exciting this year' date=' thank you Fenway Sports Group.[/quote']

You can't be talking about Liverpool there mate. Have you not heard their song?

"The red's have got no money, but we'll still win the league!"