• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

You lot still haven't got over the loss of Alonso.

think its more the captain than anyone else going off some of his comments

Ive debated with you before on this cant be bothered again but as tated at the time not his job his job is to defend and still does admirably.

you are right that his job is to defend but in order to get the best out of him we have to play 10 yards deeper, and the consequence of this is that the distance between defence and midfield is greater than it should, ditto for midfield and attack which results in hoofing. and i'd just love to see agger and sktrel get a good run in the team as i think as a team we'd improve immeasurably, especially going forwards

but i also have a horrible feeling this season will be another bad one - pepe's comments last year about how the ownership is affecting the players could well be the case and i hope to god that their imminent departure (i hope) will help the morale at the club

Man Utd' date=' Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City AND Liverpool all got nothing more than a point at Birmingham last season. Birmingham is NOT somewhere you can turn up and expect to take all 3 points. If you think otherwise maybe it's you that isn't for real. I too was disappointed to see both Lucas and Poulsen in the first team, but if Roy had gone with a more attacking team and got beaten (like at Man City) then we'd have all criticised him.

I was very, very frustrated at home to West Brom when Roy played the two defensive midfielders, but away at the tricky place that Birmingham I'm happy to take the point. Of course I'd of loved a victory but a draw isn't the end of the world. As long as Roy doesn't make a habit of the defensive formation (esp. at home or against poor opposition) I'm not going to criticise. When Cole's back next week I'm guessing/hoping he'll go back to AM with Gerrard moved to center mid.[/quote']

Do you think Man Utd, chelsea, Arsenal go to birmingham and play for a draw??? Not a chance

United dominated at Birmingham last year as did Arsenal and Spurs Birmingham got lucky with GK errors etc. Birmingham are an AVERAGE AVERAGE side should you be worried by a front six consisting of Bowyer-gardner-Fergurson-Jerome-Mcfadden-Larsson...I mean really hardly sends shivers up the spine.

If you are satisfied with playing for a point at Birmingham...then go ahead and enjoy the point....id much rather have a bit more belief and ambition and havea go.

Id much rather have a go win 1, lose 1 than play for a draw and get a point twice against mediocre opposition especially. I could understand it if we were at United,Spurs,Chelsea, Arsenal, City, even Everton away but against all the others the only intentionshould be to win every single time.

What would you like to see line-up against United?

I'm going for this -

Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger/Skrtel Konchesky

Gerrard Poulsen

Kuyt............Meireles.......Joe Cole

Torres

OR, and this is what i expect Roy will play

Reina

Johnson Carragher Skrtel/Agger Konchesky/Aurelio

Kuyt Gerrard Poulsen/Lucas/Meireles Jovanovic/Babel

Joe Cole

Torres

What would you like to see line-up against United?

I'm going for this -

Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger/Skrtel Konchesky

Gerrard Poulsen

Kuyt............Meireles.......Joe Cole

Torres

OR' date=' and this is what i expect Roy will play[/b']

Reina

Johnson Carragher Skrtel/Agger Konchesky/Aurelio

Kuyt Gerrard Poulsen/Lucas/Meireles Jovanovic/Babel

Joe Cole

Torres

To be honest I'd love to see this:-

Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Konchesky

Gerrard Meireles

Maxi Cole Babel

Torres

Might be a bit to attacking though.

Liverpool would be in serious trouble if it weren't for one of the world's most underrated 'keepers between the sticks... Had Jones been playing it would've been 1-0 or even 2-0 Brum IMO.

Desperate lack of creativity in the DM pairing, who seem only able to pass the ball horizontally. CL qualification is looking a bit distant already at this stage of the season TBH. Chelsea are a class ahead, and City, Arsenal, United and Spurs are also in the bracket above 'Pool based on this season's overall displays, and it'll take some serious investment (from prospective new owners) to change the direction of the good ship Liverpool.

Anyone not happy to have taken a point at Birmingham, look at their recent home record. On a side note, I'd love the table to finish up like this at the end of the season!

Liverpool would be in serious trouble if it weren't for one of the world's most underrated 'keepers between the sticks... Had Jones been playing it would've been 1-0 or even 2-0 Brum IMO.

Desperate lack of creativity in the DM pairing' date=' who seem only able to pass the ball horizontally. CL qualification is looking a bit distant already at this stage of the season TBH. Chelsea are a class ahead, and City, Arsenal, United and Spurs are also in the bracket above 'Pool based on this season's overall displays, and it'll take some serious investment (from prospective new owners) to change the direction of the good ship Liverpool.

Anyone not happy to have taken a point at Birmingham, look at their recent home record. On a side note, I'd [i']love[/i] the table to finish up like this at the end of the season!

Agreed on the fact that getting into the CL looks very distant, but its only been 4 games. I still think that we can still contend for 4th/3rd place, as several teams get bad starts and end up winning the league.

IMO, its to early to judge who will come where.

those anyone actully see the difference in style between rafa and roys teams both seem to play the same way being very negitive away from home?:(

i personally think we gone backwards in last 3 -4 years players such as xabi,macherano,sissoko,gerrard at the time i couldnt see a better midfield in england or even in europe and now poulson.raul M,lucas.gerrard hmmm not much creativity in that midfield :(

Y.N.W.A

YANKS OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Against Man City, where we should have played two holding midfielders to negate their attacks, we played a more attacking formation and were hammered. Against Birmingham, where we should have played more creative midfielders to break down what is traditionally a stubborn defence (particularly at home), we played two holding midfielders and a centre line devoid of creativity :confused:

Is this Roy Hodgson an imposter? Where is the one I heard such rave reviews about last year. The one who many on this forum regard as a very good manager and a great tactician. I've been less than impressed by his transfer business so far (only Cole and Mereiles are Liverpool standard in my eyes), but the tactics and team selection for the above two games mentioned has been shocking. Surely anyone could see that playing one holding midfielder against Man City's two was always going to turn out badly. Similarly, setting your team out for a draw against Birmingham (irrespective of their recent home form) from the outset was hardly what most Liverpool enthusiasts would have been looking for. A result which we only got due to Reina's heroics in a game we probably should have lost as it panned out. Will the real Roy Hodgson please stand up! (preferably before the Man U game)

anyone else catching up and seeing exactly what I said about Torres months ago?

Why the hell does he imediatly drop to his knee's whenever anyone is near him, does he not realise if he actually stayed on his feet the defender might have actually went through him and conceded a penalty, instead Torres has to fall onto his knee's and take about 10minutes to get up despite the ball still being in play.

To his credit the 2nd half he actually ran and closed people down a couple of times, but that was short lived and by the end he was back to walking and talking to the ref not looking at the ball.

He needs to snap out of it, when he wants to be he is the best in the world. But when he plays like he did in that game, I would rather have Heskey upfront against any opposition.

anyone else catching up and seeing exactly what I said about Torres months ago?

Why the hell does he imediatly drop to his knee's whenever anyone is near him' date=' does he not realise if he actually stayed on his feet the defender might have actually went through him and conceded a penalty, instead Torres has to fall onto his knee's and take about 10minutes to get up despite the ball still being in play.

To his credit the 2nd half he actually ran and closed people down a couple of times, but that was short lived and by the end he was back to walking and talking to the ref not looking at the ball.

He needs to snap out of it, when he wants to be he is the best in the world. But when he plays like he did in that game, I would rather have Heskey upfront against any opposition.[/quote']

Agreed. He's not the same Torres we signed 3 years ago, and he's definitely not the player we want. The only way we can come back and crack the top four is if all of our players hit their full form.

Players like Jonjo Shevly, Dani Pacheco, Nathan Eccleston, etc, are definitely all World Cup potential and its good to have talent in our ranks. But we shouldn't focus on what COULD happen at the end of the season, but we should be worrying about snatching some points against Man Utd.

yup' date=' he really is the ref. i look forward to one of their players getting a penalty from exaggerated contact/a dive[/quote']

I think a clear red card but getting a slap on the wrist instead is more likely for one of their players is more likely.

I do think he is a good ref but his man united bias lets him down.

wouldn't make a difference if Fergie was the ref with Neville and Roy Keane running the lines and Sam Alladyce the 4th official.

first time in ages I am actually going into a Man U game believing we have no chance.

I would love to be wrong, but when we have Lucas having to run the whole midfield because his central partner is a moronic zombie and our star striker down on his knee's more often than Wayne Bridges ex. We have no chance.

am i missing the point here?

Is Webb a Manc Fan?

Thats the only reason i can see as to why you wouldnt want him. He's by far the best ref in england.

last season howard webb denied a clear penalty at home to arsenal when we were 1-0 in a game we went on to lose 2-1, didnt give a pen for a blatant handball by fabregas in the last moment at the emirates in a game we lost 1-0 and gave a very very soft penalty for the mancs at OT when we were 1-0 up there to name 3 incidents off the top of my head

am i missing the point here?

Is Webb a Manc Fan?

Thats the only reason i can see as to why you wouldnt want him. He's by far the best ref in england.

He's Not the best ref ' date=' most probably the worst.

last season howard webb denied a clear penalty at home to arsenal when we were 1-0 in a game we went on to lose 2-1, didnt give a pen for a blatant handball by fabregas in the last moment at the emirates in a game we lost 1-0 and gave a very very soft penalty for the mancs at OT when we were 1-0 up there to name 3 incidents off the top of my head

this ^^

Webb is widely acknowledged as the best referee in the country. He had the world cup final for crying out loud and did a good job under the circumstances.

Im sure he has nothing against Liverpool and has merely called games as he has seen them. Ive been accused of favouring other sides when i referee games, granted not on the same level but as if i give a **** who wins.

If he gives Liverpool a penalty and you beat United is he then suddenly anti United?

Excuses before the game has begun is not a good thing.