Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Losing a game where a draw would suffice and then letting a 3-0 lead slip isn't choking? You've thrown it away completely. The title was always in your hands. We kept getting battered in the big games which was always going to take it out of our hands. We should have done better' date=' don't get me wrong, but you physically had it in your hands and you've blown it.[/quote']

The Palace game is irrelevant, even if we won that we still would've ended up second. If we had beaten Chelsea we would've won it, but according to 90% of non Liverpool fans on the thread Chelsea is better than Liverpool so we've hardly choked.

The Palace game is irrelevant' date=' even if we won that we still would've ended up second. If we had beaten Chelsea we would've won it, but according to 90% of non Liverpool fans on the thread Chelsea is better than Liverpool so we've hardly choked.[/quote']

Yeah but pressure, dude, pressure. That draw meant you were two points behind. A win and you're level going in to today. City would then have known they could afford NO slip up. You gifted it to them.

In all seriousness' date=' what can Liverpool realistically spend in the summer? What with FFP and all.[/quote']

Rumour has it they are going to get Carlsberg back as their sponsor what with all the bottling they've been doing. That should bring in some revenue.

On a more serious note Liverpool have money but not enough to improve all over the pitch in one window.

Losing a game where a draw would suffice and then letting a 3-0 lead slip isn't choking? You've thrown it away completely. The title was always in your hands. We kept getting battered in the big games which was always going to take it out of our hands. We should have done better' date=' don't get me wrong, but you physically had it in your hands and you've blown it.[/quote']

My thoughts exactly

Yes Suso you are correct the WUM'S are out in force.....even Ben couldn't help himself although what United have got to gloat about is beyond me.....

Kinda says more about the state of there own clubs that the only enjoyment they can find is the fact that we came 2nd massively surpassing any expectations even the most ardent Liverpool fan would have had.

Nothing to complain about a fantastic season, 84 points, 101 goals, top class entertainment week in week out....

To run City so close, finish above Chelsea is a massive achievement.

Most clubs would give anything to get where we have got to, Champions League back, our style of football back, English core, a top class dignified manager and yet still plenty of scope for improvement.

Yes Suso you are correct the WUM'S are out in force.....even Ben couldn't help himself although what United have got to gloat about is beyond me.....

Kinda says more about the state of there own clubs that the only enjoyment they can find is the fact that we came 2nd massively surpassing any expectations even the most ardent Liverpool fan would have had.

Nothing to complain about a fantastic season' date=' 84 points, 101 goals, top class entertainment week in week out....

To run City so close, finish above Chelsea is a massive achievement.

Most clubs would give anything to get where we have got to, Champions League back, our style of football back, English core, a top class dignified manager and yet still plenty of scope for improvement.[/quote']

Ray considering I'm a homegrown United fan I think you've got a heck of a lot more praise off me this season then stick or terrible jokes so be thankful!

You guys have done incredibly well to finish 2nd surpassing everyone's expectations, you've played attractive football and developed players so nobody is criticising you for that and nobody can.

United are in a poor state and I'm just glad the season is over and hope we can rebuild. I'm happy to have avoided Europa league so we don't have to worry about having a poor squad like you have this season and can focus on just building a good first team.

I think all jokes aside most clubs and fans admire your season but we have to have a little bit of fun too.

Even tho we lost the title so easily' date=' remember that last season all we wanted was a CL spot, so shut up and be thankful to this incredible manager who is BRENDAN RODGERS.[/quote']

Or hear it from the man himself in his weekly slots on talksport, bbc, sky, espn, bt ect

Champions League or no Europe. Hmm that ones a tough call.:P

I have left this because I new he would sign for United and then I would go back to it.

The deal is all but done with him having to agree theses so called "personal Terms"".

These things you mentioned about him wanting to join Liverpool because of European football' date=' is nothing when you have a chance to play for a team like United.We will welcome Shaw with opens arms as we start to build.[/color']

smileys-jumping-044120.gif