Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Jordan Ibe is having a blinder' date=' anybody think he'll have a Sterling esque break out next season?[/quote']

If there's a premier league club with a good* manager who wants to take JordOn Ibe on loan and promises him 1st team football (Sunderland or one of the promoted sides for example), we should seriously look at that option. He'd be good enough to play in the cup games for us and occasionally off the bench but I'm not sure if that's the best option for his development at this time. I've got no doubt in my mind that he's going to make it in here eventually.

*=Someone who's not the complete opposite in style to Rodgers

Missed the game. Heard Ibe was good. How did the two fullbacks do in smith and McLaughlin? I think they've got a lot of potential. Nice to see Dunn score

McLaughlin was ok, Smith was the more impressive of the two.

McLaughlin was ok' date=' Smith was the more impressive of the two.[/quote']

TBH I though Connor Randall was the best FB on show, never seen him play before but plenty to like there, good physique, height, pace and good at both ends of the pitch, reminded me a little of Seamus Coleman the way he was galloping up and down, looks promising.

TBH I though Connor Randall was the best FB on show' date=' never seen him play before but plenty to like there, good physique, height, pace and good at both ends of the pitch, reminded me a little of Seamus Coleman the way he was galloping up and down, looks promising.[/quote']

He's improved so much this season. He's naturally a CM but started playing fullback more. He nearly got left behind At u18 level but he's improved so much. Great to see.

He's improved so much this season. He's naturally a CM but started playing fullback more. He nearly got left behind At u18 level but he's improved so much. Great to see.

Yeh looked great although obviously it was Shamrock Rovers so not a totally useful exercise on which to judge but raw materials seem to be there.

Alberto Moreno has been absolutely shocking in the first half of the UEFA CUP final :o

Looks very inexperienced in decision making and positioning but what a tackle!!

Wasa great tackle but first thing he has done right all night been a shocker from him really, positionally awful tonight.

Forget Moreno though....

Rakitic what a player...mesmeric said it for a long time love watching him play

Wasa great tackle but first thing he has done right all night been a shocker from him really' date=' positionally awful tonight.

Forget Moreno though....

Rakitic what a player...mesmeric said it for a long time love watching him play[/quote']

Was going to mention Rakitic. Looks like making something every time he gets the ball. Not what you need though.

Was going to mention Rakitic. Looks like making something every time he gets the ball. Not what you need though.

Oh I would take him in a heartbeat.....mentioned him for months brilliant player and would fit in perfectly for the way we play.

Can never have to many top quality players, we don't have any on the bench normally, not that I am saying he would be a bench player he is IMO good enough to play for any of the top sides in World Football.

Oh I would take him in a heartbeat.....mentioned him for months brilliant player and would fit in perfectly for the way we play.

Can never have to many top quality players' date=' we don't have any on the bench normally, not that I am saying he would be a bench player he is IMO good enough to play for any of the top sides in World Football.[/quote']

He's too slow for your build up play. If say he United are crying out for a player like that.

He's too slow for your build up play. If say he United are crying out for a player like that.

Definitely I'd love Rakitic at United, I only started watching him properly about 6 months ago but he looks a real player.

Definitely I'd love Rakitic at United' date=' I only started watching him properly about 6 months ago but he looks a real player.[/quote']

I meant Leeds United :P nah, Moreno has been shocking tonight. Rakitic has been the best player in a white shirt tonight. Has a brilliant passing range.

Plenty of players that have been linked with us on show tonight. Rakatic good. Andre Gomez decent. Moreno not great. Interesting

Rakitic for Sevilla, Garay for Benfica - both are class.

Just said on the EL thread Rakitic will be one of the most sought-after players in Europe this summer.

Rakitic for Sevilla' date=' Garay for Benfica - both are class.

Just said on the EL thread Rakitic will be one of the most sought-after players in Europe this summer.[/quote']

Wouldn't mind Garay at Liverpool :P

Rakatic is very talented isn't he, certainly would prefer him to Lallana . Be cheaper too

I hope that performance was out of character for Moreno, well I'm sure it is, he's been much better the times I've seen him. He's our top LB target for those wondering-from the Echo.

Suso might be sold if we get the right offer according to Barret. I'll be so gutted honestly :(

I hope that performance was out of character for Moreno' date=' well I'm sure it is, he's been much better the times I've seen him. He's our top LB target for those wondering-from the Echo.

Suso might be sold if we get the right offer according to Barret. I'll be so gutted honestly :([/quote']

For me he can be better than Lallana but I think La Liga suits him more

2014_05_15_tony.jpg

I hope we do get good bids for Agger & Lucas. Lucas has Serie A written all over him and Agger would be suited to almost any league. Selling Lucas, Agger, Reina & Aspas would already bring £30M and there's still plenty of others who will leave.

Won't be surprised if Suso does go, I don't think Rodgers likes him.

Very worrying that Glen Johnson isn't mentioned anywhere in there.

I hope we do get good bids for Agger & Lucas. Lucas has Serie A written all over him and Agger would be suited to almost any league. Selling Lucas' date=' Agger, Reina & Aspas would already bring £30M and there's still plenty of others who will leave.

Won't be surprised if Suso does go, I don't think Rodgers likes him.

Very worrying that Glen Johnson isn't mentioned anywhere in there.[/quote']

Disagree with how it says Reina is surplus to requirements. There's every chance if he got given another shot with us he would be better than Mignolet.

Disagree with how it says Reina is surplus to requirements. There's every chance if he got given another shot with us he would be better than Mignolet.

I don't think so at all. Mignolet is far from perfect but I'll take a good shot-stopper over a good passer any day of the week when we're talking about goalkeepers. And I don't think Reina and Rodgers are in such good terms with all the comments from both parties after last Summer.

According to kicker, you have inquired about Leverkusen's Emre Can. He is a great talent and very versatile. Can play all over the pitch.

Couldn't get game time at Bayern so we sold him to Leverkusen last summer. Had a very good season and developed nicely. I'd like him to stay there for another year and then come back to Bayern. Basically as we did it with Kroos who was loaned to Leverkusen for 2 years.