Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Milner's English. And besides' date=' we don't have to sell if we don't want to. The alternative of keeping Milner until the end of his contract and buying Fernando still exists.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure that is what I said in the beginning :o

That you would rather run his contract down than sell him for the reasons stated in my previous post.

I can't see anybody paying 15m for him I really can't think that is way to optimistic but anyway like I said at the start I think you will force him to stay for your own reasons and Milner will be made to suffer although he ain't the type to kick up a big fuss and will probably just get on with it.

Can understand it if he wanted to leave at his age he should be playing every week, all proper footballers wanna play every week not just sit around play the odd game and pick up there wages.

I'm pretty sure that is what I said in the beginning :o

That you would rather run his contract down than sell him for the reasons stated in my previous post.

I can't see anybody paying 15m for him I really can't think that is way to optimistic but anyway like I said at the start I think you will force him to stay for your own reasons and Milner will be made to suffer although he ain't the type to kick up a big fuss and will probably just get on with it.

Can understand it if he wanted to leave at his age he should be playing every week' date=' all proper footballers wanna play every week not just sit around play the odd game and pick up there wages.[/quote']

If the price was right, and we could find a homegrown replacement then we'd sell if he wanted to go. Both of those conditions happening may be unlikely.

You've been talking about Lallana at £10m more than that. Milner's just 2 years older and has far more experience at the very top level and in the Champions League.

He plays a fair bit; only 5 City players were involved in more league games. He wants more starts and to play centrally more often. I'm not certain that he'd be a starter for you.

If the price was right' date=' and we could find a homegrown replacement then we'd sell if he wanted to go. Both of those conditions happening may be unlikely.

You've been talking about Lallana at £10m more than that. Milner's just 2 years older and has far more experience at the very top level and in the Champions League.

He plays a fair bit; only 5 City players were involved in more league games. He wants more starts and to play centrally more often. I'm not certain that he'd be a starter for you.[/quote']

I never said I wanted him. :)

Plus Lallana is younger and is not entering the last year of his contract hence the disparity in "proposed" transfer prices.

I can't see him playing CM as a starter on a regular basis at either Arsenal or Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham possibly.

BoBMA_XIQAIp4CY.jpg:large

A lot of people have been worried that we'll automatically get an impossible group because we're in pot 3 but there's plenty of teams I wouldn't mind from pots 1 and 2. But then again I wouldn't really mind getting the best of the best just to see us play in those big games again.

BoBMA_XIQAIp4CY.jpg:large

A lot of people have been worried that we'll automatically get an impossible group because we're in pot 3 but there's plenty of teams I wouldn't mind from pots 1 and 2. But then again I wouldn't really mind getting the best of the best just to see us play in those big games again.

Roma and Monaco in Pot 4 will make two groups very hard (Celtic too with the home record). How on earth Porto are in Pot 1 lol

Hardest - Real Madrid, Dortmund, Liverpool, Roma

Easiet - Porto, Basel, Liverpool, BATE

Guillem Balague has tweeted a list of players that are either already leaving Barca or Luis Enrique doesnt want at Barca. Most of the players are worthless like Oier and Pinto or old like Valdes or Puyol but two names on the list are Alex Song and Sergi Roberto. A lot has been said about Song but Roberto is a very good talent, who has been compared with Fabregas but hasnt had the opportunity to impress due to Barca's midfield being over-saturated. I think Roberto would be a typical Brendan buy, and could go on to become a world star.

Roma and Monaco in Pot 4 will make two groups very hard (Celtic too with the home record). How on earth Porto are in Pot 1 lol

Hardest - Real Madrid' date=' Dortmund, Liverpool, Roma

Easiet - Porto, Basel, Liverpool, BATE[/quote']

Because they do what Arsenal do - just make sure they qualify every year. In fact, that's a disservice to Porto. They've won the thing.

Because they do what Arsenal do - just make sure they qualify every year. In fact' date=' that's a disservice to Porto. They've won the thing.[/quote']

Yeh but the points are over the last five years so there Champions League triumph in 2004 means naff all, they have had a few decent UEFA CUP runs so that probably helps.

Was surprised your lot literally only just scrapped in the 2nd batch of seeds,

TBH I don't care who we get I want to play a Barca, Madrid, Bayern so I can go to the evening game at Anfield magic nights and been away to long.

Could be easily argued that Pot 3 on the whole is much harder than the team's in Pot 2 which could be good for us.

No' date=' it really couldn't.

How on earth is Liverpool, Napoli, Leverkusen, Ajax, Galatasaray [b']much harder[/b] than Dortmund, PSG, City, Juventus and Schalke.

And it's the same with the weaker teams. I'd rather play Olympiakos and Sporting than Zenit or Basel.

Coentrao isn't the first name on the Madrid team sheet by a long way. Yesterday in this thread he was called world class. Javi Martinez and Thiago at Bayern' date=' would Liverpool take them? Not exactly first team. Who's that Swiss fella they're being linked with at Bayern too... must be just awful.

Hold on. I think what you're saying if they want to compete... Aguero. Mata. Hazard. They should be after them?[/quote']

You cannot come up with any meaningful counter argument... Every one of your replies is taken way out of context and usually complete tripe.

The media have put the whole squad up for sale' date=' Arsenal have been linked with Iniesta, Xavi, Sanchez etc. Lol[/quote']

Really? I was just quoting what Balague said. Iniesta would be a decent signing for you... ...not that it would happen mind ha

Really? I was just quoting what Balague said. Iniesta would be a decent signing for you... ...not that it would happen mind ha

It's just the media, Iniesta is apparently wanting out which I don't believe for a minute. I don't even see a player like sanchez realistic for us tbh.

Barca have had a pretty off season I think it's normal most of their players are being linked away but most likely you'll see a few bit part players leaving.

The issue Barca have is their potential upcoming transfer ban. Means that any players who are there at the end of this summer may well be there for another couple of years. The folk who are currently down the pecking order or feel like they might want out at some point might try and get out this summer.

The issue Barca have is their potential upcoming transfer ban. Means that any players who are there at the end of this summer may well be there for another couple of years. The folk who are currently down the pecking order or feel like they might want out at some point might try and get out this summer.

Ye this is exactly right. For clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal its a great opportunity to get a half decent player or 2.