Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

So here's a thought...

Yaya Toure wants out I hear, and would be willing to take a pay cut. It occurred to me that a player of his type would be perfect for what we need at Liverpool. You may all laugh, but listen here. What if Kolo were to use his magical powers he has so frequently used this season, and convinced Yaya to come? I mean joining your brother and taking up arms to reunite the mostly deadly duo of all time must seem pretty enticing right. Well that's not even the best part, because here at Liverpool we would give him a slice of cake on his birthday. It's practically a done deal if you ask me.

Disclaimer: If you think this is serious you should consider what you are doing with yourself.

So here's a thought...

Yaya Toure wants out I hear' date=' and would be willing to take a pay cut. It occurred to me that a player of his type would be perfect for what we need at Liverpool. You may all laugh, but listen here. What if Kolo were to use his magical powers he has so frequently used this season, and convinced Yaya to come? I mean joining your brother and taking up arms to reunite the mostly deadly duo of all time must seem pretty enticing right. Well that's not even the best part, because here at Liverpool we would give him a slice of cake on his birthday. It's practically a done deal if you ask me.

Disclaimer: If you think this is serious you should consider what you are doing with yourself.

Yeah, apparently there is a clause in his contract where we can sign him for 15mil.

City are also doing a buy 1 get 1 free offer at the moment as well.

Rodgers: Kelly will get games

Manager Brendan Rodgers expects Martin Kelly to be a valuable member of his Liverpool squad next season.

The young defender has only featured 15 times since Rodgers took over at Anfield with a serious knee injury curtailing a promising run at the start of the 2012-13 season.

He was sidelined for more than a year and struggled to earn a place in Rodgers' deeper squad this season with only two starts, both of those coming in the FA Cup.

Kelly featured in the end-of-season friendly with Shamrock Rovers last week and Rodgers feels he will come into his own next year when Liverpool have the added, but positive, fixture congestion a return to the Champions League provides.

"Martin has been really unfortunate," Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com. "He was out for a year, he came back this season and at the beginning of the season we put him into some games.

"But as the season wore on and we were concentrating on one game a week, it was very difficult for him to get games.

"He's a quality player and he's a good guy as well - he knows the club inside out. He's been around for a long time and the game against Shamrock Rovers was his first game for a number of months.

"He played at centre-half, as opposed to right-back, where he has played a lot. He's a good guy and there will be games next year for the likes of him to come and play in if we continue to qualify in the competitions."

Basically if we do well in the Prem and CL he will get games in domestic cups is what I'm reading here.

Its only May but come on, lets put hairy walnuts on the line.

Q. What will Liverpools 1st XI be for Match Day One of Season 2014/15?

A.

Mignolet

Moreno

Skrtel

Sakho

Flanagan

Gerrard

Henderson

Lallana

Sterling

Sturridge

Suarez

I honestly think that Rodgers likes Moreno but could just as easily bring in Cole short term for stability at the back. Either way I think Flanno will head back to his natural side and likely stay there for years to come.

The only other change could/should be at CB but I am sticking with the above.

Anyone else having a go?

To be fair to Skrtel he looked gone at the start of the season, Kolo started like a house on fire (then aged 10 years during his injury) and then he came into the United match and was man of the match and he's been our best defender since, pity about the own goals though. His attitude has been commendable this season.

We've won 17 from 20 with Agger in the side this season. Personally prefer him over Skrtel but most would probably disagree.

I wish both played in the run-in seem to have always.worked well together kept Carragher out for a bit as well and when they paired we had a brilliant defensive record under Dalglish. Plus Sakho just looks awkward on the ball, hopefully he adapts in the summer because he was a liability after his injury. Agger and Skrtel look much more adapted to being ball playing centre back, that's why I think Caulker would be a good fit as he looked very comfortable at Swansea in the same role under Rodgers.

Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

Problem with Skrtel, Agger or Sakho are not their skills. Clearly some are more technically gifted, others more fierce in the tackles, others are better on the aerials, however what this three lack of is concentration the 90-3/4 minutes of each game.

If you take note of the goals Liverpool receives with this players on the pitch, most of the times are their mistakes due to lack of concentration. How many goals Liverpool received with aerial balls and the ones scoring or winning the aerial were marked either by Skrtel, Sakho or Agger that forget about their mark and they leave them to header freely?

I would sell one of those three and try to get an experienced, not that old with high concentration defender. If i have to think in a name that could be a great signing i would think of Godin. Probably you would think "Here again this Uruguayan biased dude" but if you are fair he is everything what Liverpool needs. Concentration, great tackling and timing, fast, good with the ball on its feets and great in the aerial game. There are probably some other players that fit what Liverpool needs and probably would be less expensive, but this is the one that first comes to my mind.

EDIT: Last time i gave my comments about Coates, i said something like "He has potential to be one of the best defenders in the world. Clearly i was dreadfully wrong, but hey, with like 19 years old he was showing some amazing skills but clearly he wasnt what we all (at least in Uruguay) thought he would become." Knowing this, pherhaps im not the best to recommend Uruguayan defenders :P

Re: Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

I would sell one of those three and try to get an experienced' date=' not that old with high concentration defender. If i have to think in a name that could be a great signing i would think of Godin. Probably you would think "Here again this Uruguayan biased dude" but if you are fair he is everything what Liverpool needs. Concentration, great tackling and timing, fast, good with the ball on its feets and great in the aerial game. There are probably some other players that fit what Liverpool needs and probably would be less expensive, but this is the one that first comes to my mind.

[/quote']

Doubt we'd be able to convince him after Atletico won La Liga and possibly the Champions League as well.

Its only May but come on' date=' lets put hairy walnuts on the line.

Q. What will Liverpools 1st XI be for Match Day One of Season 2014/15?[/quote']

A.

Mignolet

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Cole

Gerrard

Hendo - Lallana

Sterling - Sturridge - Suarez

Subs : Reina, Ilori, Sakho, Flanno, Allen, Coutinho, Konoplyanka.

Couldn't resist joining in.

Mignolet

Flanagan Caulker Skrtel Moreno

Gerrard

Hendo Coutinho

Sterling

Sturridge Suarez

Subs: Darlow, Enrique, Sakho, Can, Allen, Lallana, Borini

By the way, this isn't what I would prefer by any means, just going off who it looks like we are going to sign.

In fact might as well put up what I would prefer for the sake of it.

Mignolet

Flanagan Lovren Agger Cole

Gerrard

Henderson Coutinho

Sterling

Sturridge Suarez

Subs: Darlow' date=' Wisdom, Sakho, Can, L. Bender, Lallana, Remy[/center']

So you'd pay 25-30 millions for Lars Bender to keep him on the bench?That's a wise move.

Echo are set to announce the approach for Ashley Cole is legit tomorrow after a leak from the club.

Would be a huge signing if we get him' date=' he could only help develop Flanagan further. IMO Cole is still the [b']best left back in the league[/b].

Even though he couldnt get a game and Dave was better? :P

;2913770']Eto'o on a 1 year deal anyone?

Drogba is free too' date=' Juve keen.

Both would be terrific squad players, Drogba the ideal plan B.[/quote']

Not on his wages I dont think

Even though he couldnt get a game and Dave was better? :P

Azpilicueta's versatility suits Jose down to the ground - Cole's off field antics at the Arsenal Christmas party didn't help as well as his injury problems.

Plus Azpil has been fantastic.

Cole is still top class though.