Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

;2913770']Eto'o on a 1 year deal anyone?

Drogba is free too' date=' Juve keen.

Both would be terrific squad players, Drogba the ideal plan B.[/quote']

Wouldn't take either tbh.

Echo are set to announce the approach for Ashley Cole is legit tomorrow after a leak from the club.

Would be a huge signing if we get him' date=' he could only help develop Flanagan further. IMO Cole is still the best left back in the league.[/quote']

Where did you hear this? I hope it's true.

;2913770']Eto'o on a 1 year deal anyone?

Drogba is free too' date=' Juve keen.

Both would be terrific squad players, Drogba the ideal plan B.[/quote']

Huge wages for players well past there best and more than likely to be subs all the time no thanks. Cant imagine either would be happy at being a glorified sub either and they can both earn more cash elsewhere.

Echo are set to announce the approach for Ashley Cole is legit tomorrow after a leak from the club.

Would be a huge signing if we get him' date=' he could only help develop Flanagan further. IMO Cole is still the best left back in the league.[/quote']

Mixed feelings.

Cole is a brilliant LB for me the best in the world for a long time, but at the same point he is a bit of a .....

I can see the sense in it I respect him immensely as a footballer but we have spent the best part of ten years abusing him :P

Not sure the Chelsea fans would have to much love for him either if he went straight to admittedly a bigger football club but a direct rival :)

No he isn't Baines is far better.

Nah Baines had been the better player for the last tqo seasons now.

Went looking for stats to disprove this as i believe Cole to be the better player over the last 2 seasons.

However, the stats show that in fact it is indeed Baines who has out performed Cole - its narrow but taking the ages into mind theres only one winner.

That said, Cole would be ace on the pitch and take the attention off suarez off it!

United may be getting Kroos for 20 mil. We may be about to pay 25 mil for Lallana' date=' Premier League proven tho.... :o:p[/quote']

What's with all the negativity surrounding Lallana? I don't think I've seen you say one good thing about him :P

Oh deary me;

Uruguay's World Cup preparations have been thrown into turmoil with the news that the Premier League's player of the season, Luis Suarez, has picked up a knee injury.

Suarez felt discomfort after twisting his knee in training, and tests later revealed meniscus damage.

The Liverpool forward will undergo surgery as soon as possible and, according to the Uruguay camp, he should be ready for the World Cup. However, that is in some doubt. Recovery from this type of injury normally takes between 4-6 weeks, and Suarez would be pushing those limits.

At the very least, the procedure will cut down on his ability to train leading up to Uruguay's opening match at the World Cup, against Costa Rica on June 14. Uruguay play England on June 19, four weeks away.

Just seen a rumour linking us to Pedro. 98% chance its a load of rubbish as it's from the Mirror but let's be honest this is the kind of signing we need to be making. We see United bringing in Kroos after dropping to 7th, the sort of signing we never made after we went from 2nd to 7th. Now that we're back in the top 4 and challenging for the premier league we need to make the most of it and be signing top class player, like Pedro. Even if we go for Sanchez which is a bit more likely that is the sort of thing we need to be doing.

United may be getting Kroos for 20 mil. We may be about to pay 25 mil for Lallana' date=' Premier League proven tho.... :o:p[/quote']

20m yes, but his wages are rumoured to be obsurd, thats the hidden cost isnt it.

Personally, i dont see the fuss over Kroos. Great passer, but no pace, no mobility. United will have to partner him with someone to do the leg work

Lallana needs way more credit. He was in the team of the season in League 1, Championship & the Premier League. To me that points out his natural ability to train on and improve with age and experience. He obviously hasnt peaked yet. Put him on the biggest stage he could prove to be a class act.

;2914489']20m yes' date=' but his wages are rumoured to be obsurd, thats the hidden cost isnt it.

Personally, i dont see the fuss over Kroos. Great passer, but no pace, no mobility. United will have to partner him with someone to do the leg work

Lallana needs way more credit. He was in the team of the season in League 1, Championship & the Premier League. To me that points out his natural ability to train on and improve with age and experience. He obviously hasnt peaked yet. Put him on the biggest stage he could prove to be a class act.[/quote']

No fuss about Kroos..just one of the best midfielders in the world and he's still very young.

No fuss about Kroos..just one of the best midfielders in the world and he's still very young.

He is the wrong buy. Not what they need.

Im all for them buying him' date=' it means another midfielder with a lack of defensive capability to fit in the first team.

Nice report here:

[url']http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2069493-why-toni-kroos-is-the-wrong-player-for-manchester-united[/url]

;2914536']He is the wrong buy. Not what they need.

Im all for them buying him' date=' it means another midfielder with a lack of defensive capability to fit in the first team.

Nice report here:

[url']http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2069493-why-toni-kroos-is-the-wrong-player-for-manchester-united[/url]

He ain't the wrong buy for United as long as you buy the right partner for him.His distrubution and passing is just what United needs but you have to put a brutal force alongside him,somebody like let's say Fellaini(laugh if you want) who would concentrate only at destroying the other teams attack

;2914489']20m yes' date=' but his wages are rumoured to be obsurd, thats the hidden cost isnt it.

[b']Personally, i dont see the fuss over Kroos. Great passer, but no pace, no mobility. United will have to partner him with someone to do the leg work[/b]

Lallana needs way more credit. He was in the team of the season in League 1, Championship & the Premier League. To me that points out his natural ability to train on and improve with age and experience. He obviously hasnt peaked yet. Put him on the biggest stage he could prove to be a class act.

Remind you of anyone?

It's funny that Scholes has come out and put his full support behind Kroos saying he should be first in.

Lallana needs way more credit. He was in the team of the season in League 1, Championship & the Premier League. To me that points out his natural ability to train on and improve with age and experience. He obviously hasnt peaked yet. Put him on the biggest stage he could prove to be a class act.[/quote']

Yeah crazy wages, isn't what we need anyway. I don't think anyone will ever convince me that paying over 20 mil for Lallana isn't terrible business

Remind you of anyone?

It's funny that Scholes has come out and put his full support behind Kroos saying he should be first in.

Exactly what i was going to say.

Kroos is the exact buy Utd need for midfield, Scholes type replacement that they have needed since he retired.