Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

Well that's Karma for you.

Hahaha some Uruguayans are mental. The challenge wasn't even that bad and the card got rescinded. The Mirallas foul was also pay back for what Suarez did to him.

I find it hard to listen to

A) Uruguayans complaining about heavy challenges and

B) Moral conduct. Especially after what happened in huge Quarter Final four years ago. The fact it's Luis Suarez involved is even more ironic.

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

It'd be the perfect situation if Suarez was just too injured to play us but ok after.

Then Uruguay would beat Costa Rica (who won't..), then we'll beat Uruguay and then Suarez comes in just in time to rip Italy a new one.

We top the group and win the World Cup.

Oh and we play Uruguay in the final and Gerrard blocks a Suarez header on the line, gets sent off and then celebrates as Suarez misses the penalty in the 93rd minute.

THAT'D BE SO FUNNY WOULDN'T IT URUGUAY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I couldn't care less about what you think about Suarez being injured. It's called Karma

Loving the fact that the choir boys are still slating Suarez for hand balling on the line....

Deep down I think we all know if that was Gerrard, Cahill, Wilshere whoever in the last minute that could secure us a semi final spot we would all want them to do the same thing Suarez did....

I know I would.....

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

I find it hard to listen to

A) Uruguayans complaining about heavy challenges and

Uruguayans cant complain about heavy challenges indeed' date=' we have historically won everything playing that way (without robbing anyone or buying referees, etc) although i think the complain is due to try and harm the player, knowing that a heavy foul in the last 3 minutes of the last game of the league that was been lost by two goals would mean nothing but a possible harm for whatever comes after that.

I can understand some of the Uruguayans thinking it was on purpose, i mean, its too much of a coincidence, tho i dont complain and i dont want to believe it was on purpose. The twitter "death threats" are pathetic but hey, we all have pathetic people in our countries... :rolleyes:

I would say to you, how would you feel if that happened to England, but its pointless because England does not have a player like Suarez nor a player with the impact that Suarez provides to the Uruguayan team.

B) Moral conduct. Especially after what happened in huge Quarter Final four years ago. The fact it's Luis Suarez involved is even more ironic.

Ohh yeah the "Suarez did wrong" thing about the last WC. If you want to start about the wrong doings, maybe analize that Ghana centered the ball, thanks to a foul that did not existed and in the same play Suarez handballs there are two separated offsides from Ghana players, Suarez ended up handballing, getting a red card, and we lost him for the semi-finals against Netherland when the play shouldnt have existed and then should have been banned due to the double offside.

Loving the fact that the choir boys are still slating Suarez for hand balling on the line....

Deep down I think we all know if that was Gerrard' date=' Cahill, Wilshere whoever in the last minute that could secure us a semi final spot we would all want them to do the same thing Suarez did....

I know I would.....

[/quote']

Its ooooooobvious that EVERYONE would want that. The emotion that i felt when that happen is something unexplainable, he gave Uruguay a second chance, only those playing with their hearts are able to do such things.

People have defended us paying 25m for Lallana but if we are going to pay that much and then give Suso + 16m for Moreno then I've lost all hope in this fantastic transfer committee.

Wait and see. Not only if we're going to buy those players but also how good they're going to be for us.

It's a lot better to overpay for a good player than pay the right amount for a bad one. And looking at how Aspas, Alberto, Borini & Assaidi have fared for us, I won't be one to complain if we spend £35-40M + Suso on loan for Lallana & Moreno.

Wait and see. Not only if we're going to buy those players but also how good they're going to be for us.

It's a lot better to overpay for a good player than pay the right amount for a bad one. And looking at how Aspas' date=' Alberto, Borini & Assaidi have fared for us, I won't be one to complain if we spend [b']£35-40M + Suso on loan[/b] for Lallana & Moreno.

Are you sure Suso's on a loan deal? From what I've heard it would be permanent, which isn't great business to be fair.

Are you sure Suso's on a loan deal? From what I've heard it would be permanent' date=' which isn't great business to be fair.[/quote']

There's been conflicting reports about that. Or there's been conflicting translations as everyone is citing Marca as their source but some claim it's a loan deal and others that it's a permanent one. Either way I think Rodgers sees Suso as expendable to the team.

People have defended us paying 25m for Lallana but if we are going to pay that much and then give Suso + 16m for Moreno then I've lost all hope in this fantastic transfer committee.

id rather buy 2 Lallanas...

Our problem this season is conceeding goals. Why are we buying a very offensive fullback for a sizeable fee?

Get Ashley Cole, continue to groom Flanagan. Buy centre backs.

After watching Rodgers totally transform the club, guide us to a 2nd place finish when everybody would have been delighted with 4th, while playing some of the best and most exciting football I have ever seen us play in my time.

I'm going to just trust Rodgers in his role regarding transfers and just look forward to next season :)

I don't think its worth all the moaning and debate over deals that have not even happened yet :P

As fans, especially as we are all also fans of these fantasy manager games, I think we all get a little to carried away sometimes :D

Rickie Lambert - flurry of bets on him today joining this summer

Reports out of Spain Seydou Keita could be signing.

IMO they are both great buys. Keita especially for his experience and versatility, Lambert as the plan B forward, and considering he started out here it be a fitting way to cap off his career.

;2920074']Rickie Lambert - flurry of bets on him today joining this summer

Reports out of Spain Seydou Keita could be signing.

IMO they are both great buys. Keita especially for his experience and versatility' date=' Lambert as the plan B forward, and considering he started out here it be a fitting way to cap off his career.[/quote']

None are an improvement on what we've currently got and as a Champions League team we should be looking at much higher and younger calibre of players. I'd be very underwhelmed if any of those signed.

None are an improvement on what we've currently got and as a Champions League team we should be looking at much higher and younger calibre of players. I'd be very underwhelmed if any of those signed.

What this fella is saying. You improve the side, you don't bring in lesser players who are already at or past their peak when you're looking to build. Beyond terrible signings.