Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

And if we don't buy Lallana?

We've splurged 9 million on a 32 year old

We could get Remy for 8.

If the theory I posted is true, do you really think we'd buy Lambert without securing Lallana?

There is no way we'd just go and pay £9m for Lambert, everyone already knows how much FSG don't want older players brought in anyway.

Hopefully. I wouldn't mind him on our bench anyway' date=' but if we have somehow just decided to go and buy him and thought £9m was a good idea, I hope we magically have a Man City transfer budget.[/quote']

Yeah I'd be quite happy if what you said is the case, and agreed if it's just straight up 9M for him and that's it... it'll be very sad. :o

If the theory I posted is true' date=' do you really think we'd buy Lambert without securing Lallana?

There is no way we'd just go and pay £9m for Lambert, everyone already knows how much[b'] FSG don't want older players brought in anyway[/b].

Didn't we offer Henderson (maybe + cash) for Dempsey that one time? :o

God, that would've been bad.

People really need to stop looking at the fees so much. I just don't understand how some of you can get so worked up over the fees when the players we're (supposedly) buying are good. And if you don't think Lambert would improve us then you've not seen enough of him.

Just a gentle reminder that people have been excited about signing the likes of Gaston Ramirez and Ricky van Wolfswinkel because they're exotic, have cool names or whatever. Lallana and Lambert may be too ordinary for some of you but both of them are very good and would improve us. And if you're dead set on looking at the finances, consider this: over a 3 year period Lallana & Lambert would cost us about 12-14M pounds less in wages than Rakitic & Remy for example.

EDIT:

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 1m

Rickie Lambert to #LFC is on. Told the initial fee will be around £4m plus add-ons. Story on Echo site shortly.

Excellent.

Remy is available for 9 mil :(

I don't even care anymore, we are hilarious. 30 mil probably for Lallana and lambert errrr :o

I'll be happy with Moreno and hopefully we can get Can. We really need a class CB though

Remy is available for 9 mil :(

I don't even care anymore' date=' we are hilarious. 30 mil probably for Lallana and lambert errrr :o

I'll be happy with Moreno and hopefully we can get Can. We really need a class CB though[/quote']

Why are we hilarious, I don't get it?

Why are we hilarious' date=' I don't get it?[/quote']

Well 25 mil for Lallana is hilarious. And lambert at Liverpool is also hilarious considering he's old and scored 7 goals from open play last season. He'd be behind Borini I think

Re: Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

Lallana is a great player and it would be a great add for Liverpool' date=' however anything over 15m is excessive.[/quote']

If you think that £15m is excessive, I think you're misusing the word great.

@bigadamsport #saintsfc turn down Liverpool bid for Rickie Lambert

Would indicate that it is not a double deal with Lallana as you'd imagine that the transfers would be negotiated together.

He is much better than Borini.

I'd rather put faith in a young striker like Borini tbh. He's got good pace and movement and can finish. Signing lambert means Borini will probably go I'd assume.

Lamberts a good player, he's got some good attributes. But if he moved to any of the other top sides I would probably have just laughed.

Some of the Lambert comments are frankly embarrassing to read...

If his name was Ricardo Lamberto wont be half the guff ive just read the last 2 pages

WE NEED A TARGET MAN in the squad.

and if he's that cack why is he off to Brazil

;2920400']Some of the Lambert comments are frankly embarrassing to read...

If his name was Ricardo Lamberto wont be half the guff ive just read the last 2 pages

WE NEED A TARGET MAN in the squad.

He doesn't play like a target man, watch him play. And we wouldn't play with a target man anyway otherwise we'd have kept Carroll. He's a more technical striker than Carroll. Lambert will be alright as depth as long as we don't pay much

;2920400']Some of the Lambert comments are frankly embarrassing to read...

because England are cack ;) all the best strikers in England are foreign....it was either Lambert or Defoe... that is the worst arguement I have ever heard.Sir :P..... If England weren't constantly drawn against Narnia' date=' Rhode Island, and Atlantis....then no English players would be going to any world cup!

I cannot believe a Liverpool side looking for another title challenging season would sign Lambert..... this staggers me :mad:

[/b']

because England are cack ;) all the best strikers in England are foreign....it was either Lambert or Defoe... that is the worst arguement I have ever heard.Sir :P..... If England weren't constantly drawn against Narnia' date=' Rhode Island, and Atlantis[/b']....then no English players would be going to any world cup!

I cannot believe a Liverpool side looking for another title challenging season would sign Lambert..... this staggers me :mad:

As much as i completely disagree with the drivel you have written the above part made me laugh LOL