Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

So we should wait until the deal is confirmed before commenting but now that the rumored price is lower (but still not confirmed) we can comment?

Surely the forum is THE place for emotive discussion about the club - assuming none of us work for LFC then 90% of the time it will be opinion and most of that will have to be based upon press and speculation?

Not really what I said though was it ;)

Commenting is fine and transfer speculation is what people love, but the over reaction on here every time a name & price is linked to us is just crazy.

All I'm saying is it's like people believe what the papers print, then find out they was totally wrong, but then in the next day believe whats in the paper again, then going mad saying we are paying too much etc etc and just going around in circles.

So before going mad over prices (and I mean really moaning) , surely makes more sense to get confirmation.

Not really what I said though was it ;)

Commenting is fine and transfer speculation is what people love' date=' but the over reaction on here every time a name & price is linked to us is just crazy.

All I'm saying is it's like people believe what the papers print, then find out they was totally wrong, but then in the next day believe whats in the paper again, then going mad saying we are paying too much etc etc and just going around in circles.

So before going mad over prices (and I mean really moaning) , surely makes more sense to get confirmation.[/quote']

Fair enough man but I dont think anyone REALLY believes the speculation - even those stating the biggest reactions - most of them tend to use if surely?

Its our club at the end of the day mate, I loves a bit of passion me!

Fair enough man but I dont think anyone REALLY believes the speculation - even those stating the biggest reactions - most of them tend to use if surely?

You would like to think so :P ' date=' but thats what I was reffering to in my original post, I think most do actually believe it each time, they must otherwise they wouldnt give such a big reaction.

Its our club at the end of the day mate, I loves a bit of passion me!

Agree 100%, but I just can't stand to see people being so negative and moaning about every little thing, what a season we have just had, we have the CL to look forward to and we are a joy to watch.

So yes we might end up over paying for the odd player or we might not end up getting players people agree with, but I'm sure Rodgers more than us knows who he wants.

But I just think of all the times just to enjoy whats going on at Liverpool and not to be so negative about stuff is now! I'm sure we have all had more than enough of a moan over the past 3/4 years... I know I have

Lambert is a great signing for you, great all round player, finisher, set piece taker and is massively underrated when it comes to his ability with his feet and his mobility his fitness over the past 4 years since being at southampton has improved in there high tempo style and some of his assists especially that 20 yard pass to Jay Rod against Norwich (I think) with the outside of his boot proved he's not just a Classic English Big Forward. Personally feel the fee will be £4M rising to £8M which is a fair deal for someone who's proved he can score at any level and with the danger he adds on set pieces. The only interesting thing I can see with this signing is who will be on spot kicks if him or Gerrard are both on the pitch at the same time? You'd hope Lambert with his record same goes for free kicks..

Lambert will not be taking free kicks or pens. He won't be on the pitch that much. Pens will be Gerrard and indirect free kicks will be Gerrard as well as he is much better. And Suarez is the best at direct free kicks in the league

Lambert will not be taking free kicks or pens. He won't be on the pitch that much. Pens will be Gerrard and indirect free kicks will be Gerrard as well as he is much better. And Suarez is the best at direct free kicks in the league

I don't think that's true. Gerrard's free kicks have been average over the past 3 seasons.

Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

1.88 central striker with a proved scoring capability, box reference but also able to leave the box, create spaces and assist.

Clearly a very good and smart signing, since Liverpool lost a box reference when they transfered Carroll.

I don't think that's true. Gerrard's free kicks have been average over the past 3 seasons.

By indirect free kicks I mean when he's crossing from them. He's unbelievable at them. Easily the best in the league at them

For once the 'ITKs' on twitter got something right as well.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 21s

More

Moreno rejected Napoli offer as LFC were coming. Sevilla want more $$ (adds on) + alert other clubs. But as yet none offering more than LFC

Interesting that Balague also said that Sevilla expect to sell him before WC starts. Seems like a pretty realistic transfer at the moment unless Real Madrid make a move for him.

So' date=' chants?

To the tune of Kaiser Chiefs Ruby:

"Ricky, Ricky, Ricky, Ricky.....ahahahaaaaaa....do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya"[/quote']

To the tune of Hey Mickey by Toni Basil:

Oh Rickie you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow our minds, score Rickie!

A completely pointless signing. If Rickie Lambert is a signal of your ambitions' date=' god help you.[/quote']

Pointless? Ricky Lambert certainly serves a purpose and a point, he's a cheap option that will help to improve the depth and options of the Liverpool attack.

Liverpool can't really afford to spend huge amounts of money on a striker, whilst addressing the issues of other areas. Not every signing can be a Suarez or a Sturridge but Ricky Lambert's impact for Liverpool will be worth an awful lot more than £4 million.

Whereas Arsenal I'm sure will be linked with dozens of £20 million strikers, will more than likely be left short up front again and will have Yaya Sanogo as cover who's yet to score at a decent standard of football. I know which striker I'd rather have.

Pointless? Ricky Lambert certainly serves a purpose and a point' date=' he's a cheap option that will help to improve the depth and options of the Liverpool attack.

Liverpool can't really afford to spend huge amounts of money on a striker, whilst addressing the issues of other areas. Not every signing can be a Suarez or a Sturridge but Ricky Lambert's impact for Liverpool will be worth an awful lot more than £4 million.

Whereas Arsenal I'm sure will be linked with dozens of £20 million strikers, will more than likely be left short up front again and will have Yaya Sanogo as cover who's yet to score at a decent standard of football. I know which striker I'd rather have.[/quote']

Don't feed the troll ...

Pointless? Ricky Lambert certainly serves a purpose and a point' date=' he's a cheap option that will help to improve the depth and options of the Liverpool attack.

Whereas Arsenal I'm sure will be linked with dozens of £20 million strikers, will more than likely be left short up front again and will have Yaya Sanogo as cover who's yet to score at a decent standard of football. I know which striker I'd rather have.[/quote']

Arsenal have nothing to do with it. Sanago has massive potential, believe it or or not. Wasteful yes but he'll grow. There'll be a new striker anyway. Lambert is decent but has no scope for improvement. He's the new Grant Holt.i

Arsenal have nothing to do with it. Sanago has massive potential' date=' believe it or or not. Wasteful yes but he'll grow. There'll be a new striker anyway. Lambert is decent but has no scope for improvement. He's the new Grant Holt.i[/quote']

You say this stuff at the start of every season :D , then by mid season you are ranting and have given up hope on Wenger / Arsenal ;)

If your predictions last season about Liverpool are anything to go by then the worse stuff you say about us the better it is for us as you was MILES off :P

As for 'potential' Arsenal have been saying that about everybody for about 10 years

Arsenal have nothing to do with it. Sanago has massive potential' date=' believe it or or not. Wasteful yes but he'll grow. There'll be a new striker anyway. Lambert is decent but has no scope for improvement. He's the new Grant Holt.i[/quote']

Any comparison to Grant Holt is unbelievably ignorant. How exactly is he the new Grant Holt? Because he's an older English striker that's been through the Football league? He's a completely different footballer to Holt, Ricky Lambert is a very good footballer, he offers creativity and skill whilst Grant Holt has no real skill and relies on his physicality.

Yaya Sanogo does have potential, but isn't going to score goals for Arsenal next season and isn't of the quality to be a first team member of any other side competing for the top four. He will more than likely be part of Arsenal's first team squad next season, when a club with true ambition (like Liverpool) would loan them out and bring in somebody capable of scoring goals in the meantime.