ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I know we are no longer interested in Assaidi' date=' Liverpool's valuation for him was much more than we were willing to pay as well as concerns over injury problems.

For the price that we were going to pay for Assaidi we can get Rivierre instead.

I'm not sure if there will be a club willing to pay £7+ million for him.[/quote']

I don't think anybody connected with Liverpool really expects us to get 7m+ for him, we bought him for 3m and I fully expect we can sell him on at a profit, probably around the 5m mark given he done Ok for your lot.

I wouldn't rule Stoke out from coming back in for him either, transfers can be dragged out, parties "drop out" etc all the time as I say all part of the game where transfer dealings are concerned. Either which way I don't want him here because he ain't good enough for this level and for him because he seems like a nice kid who should go and enjoy his football somewhere where he will be a regular and Important part of a side.

what i can tell you what we do is perform epic football deeds and with 3 million people only. Now that is something you dont see in your Country.

you got to play one more game and got embarrassed, hardly footballing glory but yeah enjoyed seeing you get a lesson on football today :)

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

you got to play one more game and got embarrassed' date=' hardly footballing glory but yeah enjoyed seeing you get a lesson on football today :)[/quote']

No glory today indeed, thankfully watching Suarez taking England out will really suffice for a while. :)

According to the Sunday Star, Suarez has allegedly bitten eight players in his career. Five of those bites were during his playing days in Uruguay.

Wow. :o If that were true, then I'd have no words to say. I'd be absolutely speechless.

According to the Sunday Star' date=' Suarez has allegedly bitten eight players in his career. Five of those bites were during his playing days in Uruguay.

Wow. :o If that were true, then I'd have no words to say. I'd be absolutely speechless.[/quote']

If that were true that would just be further evidence that he needs help.

Can anyone tell me anything about Markovic? Is he mainly a striker or a winger?

Naturally a second striker, but he has been stuck on the wing at Benfica playing a different role and that might be his position now. From what Ive saw of him, defensively he is great down the wing. In attack, he is very rapid, thats his best forte. When he gets going, hes gone. I think if he can gain some strength, he will be a top player down the line.

Can anyone tell me anything about Markovic? Is he mainly a striker or a winger?

A typical winger, in the sense that he's lightning fast and pretty weak in the duels.

He has excellent touch and technique, which got him past many defenders in Portugal last season, but the EPL, with higher pressing full-backs, would be another test. Once he's gone though, he's gone.

Seeing as you guys have just bought Lambert, a false-#9 would also be an interesting position for him. Working beside/behind someone with his kind of physique would definitely be beneficial and a very strong plan B.

EDIT: Just had a quick check, he is indeed 60kgs, which would explain his weaker physique.

Has anyone bought a 14/15 shirt? I bought one yesterday and got home only to find it doesnt fit over my head. I'm 6 ft 4 with an average sized head, and bought a large size shirt as I always do with football shirts.

It is interesting to see the clamour from Liverpool fans (some of them) in spending 25 million on Markovic and saying it will make there summer etc yet going off at the deep end about paying just less for Lallana....

You look at what they have produced last season and bear in mind Lallana is in a much much more competitive League and already proven in our League...

Lallana 41 games 10 goals 9 assists

markovic 48 games 7 goals 4 assists

markovic includes 13 games in Europe with 1 goal and no assists....

Markovic's stats for the previous season were for an attacking player at the level we want pretty uninspiring as well.

Only reason I can really find for anybody being more excited by Markovic than Lallana is because he has a fancy foreign name....

Markovic is quick but very very raw and the end product is not there the majority of the time, if he was to join he would have my full support as would any player who pulls on the greatest shirt in World Football but just find it somewhat baffling the complete opposition to a player proven and with more end product joining for 20-25m as compared to Markovic.....

It is interesting to see the clamour from Liverpool fans (some of them) in spending 25 million on Markovic and saying it will make there summer etc yet going off at the deep end about paying just less for Lallana....

You look at what they have produced last season and bear in mind Lallana is in a much much more competitive League and already proven in our League...

Markovic's stats for the previous season were for an attacking player at the level we want pretty uninspiring as well.

Only reason I can really find for anybody being more excited by Markovic than Lallana is because he has a fancy foreign name....

Markovic is quick but very very raw and the end product is not there the majority of the time' date=' if he was to join he would have my full support as would any player who pulls on the greatest shirt in World Football but just find it somewhat baffling the complete opposition to a player proven and with more end product joining for 20-25m as compared to Markovic.....[/quote']

Get used to it Ray, every player linked with any big club is going to go for that kind of money now ... :P

Markovic is quick but very very raw and the end product is not there the majority of the time' date=' if he was to join he would have my full support as would any player who pulls on the greatest shirt in World Football but just find it somewhat baffling the complete opposition to a player proven and with more end product joining for 20-25m as compared to Markovic.....[/quote']

completely agree Ray, im very uninspired by spending 25M (?) on Markovic when all his reputation seems to have been built on what exactly..

Same with Origi, i thought it was kinda common knowledge that you shouldn't buy a player on the back of a good tournament performances...and Belgium have been cack

;2942128']completely agree Ray' date=' im very uninspired by spending 25M (?) on Markovic when all his reputation seems to have been built on what exactly..

Same with Origi, i thought it was kinda common knowledge that you shouldn't buy a player on the back of a good tournament performances...and Belgium have been cack[/quote']

I agree with Ray's point, too, but in stead of thinking Lallana or Markovic aren't worth £25M, I think I'd be happy with both for those prices. Firstly because I think they're both good, and secondly because we wouldn't spend that kind of money on them if we couldn't really afford it.

We'd been watching Origi before the tournament so we're not buying him based on his performances for Belgium as much as his performances for Lille. And if Origi is as big of a talent as he seems to be, then it makes sense to loan him out if it's something that will persuade Lille to choose our offer in stead of anyone else's.

Tbh I'd rather go for Shaqiri for 15 mil other markovic for 25. Markovic is a talent but that's a lot of money. We could get Sanchez for that much I believe which while would be more expensive in wages would be much better. Again, I think we are taking a risk. However markovic has big potential which is why I'm not completely against the signing.

I feel we have enough young attacking talent in sterling, Ibe, suso. If we are going to spend big I'd rather spend on players that would come straight into the side like Sanchez, Cuadrado, etc who would be available for around the 25 mil mark

Pfft.

Sirigu, Chiellini, Barzagli, Paletta, Darmian, De Rossi, Marchisio, Verratti, Candreva, Pirlo, Balotelli, Motta, Immobile, Parolo, Muslera, Caceres, Gimenez, Godin, Pereira, Arevalo, Gonzalez, Rodriguez, Lodeiro, Suarez, Cavani, Stuani, Fucile, Coates, Navas, Gonzalez, Miller (well, that sound common), Diaz, Gamboa, Duarte, Tejeda, Ruiz, Borges, Campbell (another one), Bolanos, Urena, Barrantes.

Hart, Cahill, Jagielka, Johnson (lol), Baines, Henderson, Welbeck,

Rooney, Sterling, Gerrard, Sturridge, Barkley, Lallana, Lambert, Wilshere, Foster, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Milner, Lampard.

That could easily be 3 - 0 to the foreign name, if Costa Rica managed to win.

I would say this again; Some people forget, because of that English name the price is massively inflated. Exotic name or English names definitely doesn't warrant talent, but one thing for certain is English names nowadays does command overpriced evaluation. And believe it or not some people think it is absurd considering there is many players out there that club can gets based on the price of English player market.

Have nothing on Lallana, think he would fit into our system, and I don't want Markovic (he sound average).

Isn't it you who always says that stats dont mean anything and yet your main argument for this is exactly that... stats, oh dear. :rolleyes:

Markovic has EU experience, Lallana doesn't. Markovic has plenty of time to improve, and he will, and he's barely behind Lallana as it is. I don't know what your obsession is with 'fancy names' too... Is it because Lallana is English that you love him? :confused: One player who is English that people don't want and all of a sudden.. we only love foreign players :eek: Lallana isn't exactly 'proven' consistently either btw, one good season in the top league.

The start of last season suggests otherwise.

I mean - without the Luis they are not good than if they have him and they have to play in League of Champions which is more games to combat in than they have in start of 13/14 series!