ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Liverpool without Suarez (Ivanovic incident) : P9 W6 D2 L1

And Suarez didn't "performed" against big side anyway. :rolleyes: So we will not missed him much.

No that is wrong!

Suarez first game of 2013/14 season was 29th September @Sunderland - that was Liverpools 7th of the series - not the 9th or 10th round of the series like you say!

Without him LFC won 4, 1 tie, 1 loss - and they only scored 8 goals!

£25m for Markovic' date=' suddenly makes the Shaw deal look a bargain.

Don't think he's what you need unless you plan on selling Sterling.[/quote']

Pretty random to compare Markovic's fee to Shaw's fee.:confused:

We would never be 'planning' to sell Sterling. For starters, he's got the potential to become one of the best in the world, and also QPR have 20% sell-on clause.

Get used to it Ray' date=' every player linked with any big club is going to go for that kind of money now ... :P[/quote']

I know that I ain't saying the fee is to much or to little, just an interesting comparison...:)

Isn't it you who always says that stats dont mean anything and yet your main argument for this is exactly that... stats' date=' oh dear. :rolleyes:

Markovic has EU experience, Lallana doesn't. Markovic has plenty of time to improve, and he will, and he's barely behind Lallana as it is. I don't know what your obsession is with 'fancy names' too... Is it because Lallana is English that you love him? :confused: One player who is English that people don't want and all of a sudden.. we only love foreign players :eek: Lallana isn't exactly 'proven' consistently either btw, one good season in the top league.[/quote']

No your right you don't base everything on stats but goals and assists and for that matter chance creation for an attacking midfielder do give you a great indication of end product.

Lallana has better numbers in all fields whilst playing in a mid ranking side in a much better more competitive League.

Markovic has less goals, less assists, much lower chance creation despite playing for a top side in a really poor League in terms of competitiveness and quality.

Plus I highly doubt you watch Portugeuse football and watch him every week the only place you have probably seen him is in Europe where in 13 games he has produced next to nothing and in the Europa/Champions League games I saw of him last season he produced nothing.

You say Markovic has EU experience (not much) and Lallana has proven PL experience that counts for a lot more in my eyes.

I asked how anyone can say Lallana is vastly overpriced, yet justify the same fee for Markovic where on every indicator Lallana has performed better....

You say Lallana has only had one season, so has Markovic at a LOWER level of football, what's the difference???

So far your only reason is Markovic can Improve, what so Lallana can't?? Do players get to 26 years of age and start going backwards and have no improvement left in them...seriously :rolleyes:

Extremely flimsy argument, so if you can offer any real insight or reasons why you can dismiss Lallana as being way overpriced and Markovic as being worth it I am all ears so far you ain't produced anything, I have offered clear, concise reasons as to why I think it is ludicrous to suggest that.

I ain't saying Lallana or Markovic are worth 25m a piece, but there are NO GROUNDS to suggest on what they have proved or shown so far that Markovic is worth more than Lallana.

Has anyone bought a 14/15 shirt? I bought one yesterday and got home only to find it doesnt fit over my head. I'm 6 ft 4 with an average sized head' date=' and bought a large size shirt as I always do with football shirts.[/quote']

This - exactly right. I had the same thing and it actually made that stretching/tear sound as I fit over my noggin. Weirdly tho doesn't feel so tight around the neck as I had feared - normally only wear v necks sowas a tad concerned with the circle effort.

that said the kids and missus got it for me for fathers day so its getting worn regardless!

This - exactly right. I had the same thing and it actually made that stretching/tear sound as I fit over my noggin. Weirdly tho doesn't feel so tight around the neck as I had feared - normally only wear v necks sowas a tad concerned with the circle effort.

that said the kids and missus got it for me for fathers day so its getting worn regardless!

Hey Ed try soaking your head under a towel over a hot basin of water, that might get some shrinkage of the noggin. :)

Under what jurisdiction is Kosovo in if not FIFA? Or am I missing something here?

Kosovo isn't recognised as a nation by FIFA, so I'm guessing that there games aren't recognised as official by any governing bodies.

I don't think a move to Kosovo would have been a possibility if they'd have hit him with a suspension at club level for a set amount of games, rather than a four month ban.

Kosovo isn't recognised as a nation by FIFA' date=' so I'm guessing that there games aren't recognised as official by any governing bodies.

I don't think a move to Kosovo would have been a possibility if they'd have hit him with a suspension at club level for a set amount of games, rather than a four month ban.[/quote']

So that's why.

Can't see that happening, but it would be ridiculously funny if he end up playing football there while being suspended. lol

This FIFA folks really don't think it through right.

So that's why.

Can't see that happening' date=' but it would be ridiculously funny if he end up playing football there while being suspended. lol

This FIFA folks really don't think it through right.[/quote']

Yeah, FIFA would be fuming if Suarez went to the Kosovo pub league. Completely outsmarted them.

Very smart from Kosovo as a whole imo, the chance to sign a top player to the league for bugger all for 4 months and potentially force FIFA into fast tracking their admittance if they wish to stop it or prevent it happening again.

I would absolutely love for this whole Suarez/Kosovo thing to happen. One it spits right in Fifa's face for setting a ridiculous ban which doesn't address the true problems of Suarez. (For the record so this stupid debate doesn't start again I'm not against the banning of Suarez, just think the ban itself was gotten completely wrong.) Also I hate Fifa bunch of money grabbing corrupt fools who need to have someone flip the bird right in their faces. And thirdly awesome move for Liverpool, means he stays with us, is able to maintain at least some sort of match fitness, even though you have to acknowledge that the Kosovo league would probably not be anywhere near the fitness/physical demands of the BPL (mind you I could be wrong, don't know anything about the league). Fourthly the weekly highlights would be mad imagine the goals he would pull out in that league aha. Would even benefit the Kosovo League, having a world class player in it. So yea works out for all parties except FIFA who need to be drop kicked to Pluto so that's fine.

200 pretzels this post is going to grind at least one persons gears.

Yeah' date=' FIFA would be fuming if Suarez went to the Kosovo pub league. Completely outsmarted them.[/quote']

Was referring to the club level banned compared to four months banned.

But it is okay ... not all people can turn down the opportunity to be WUM. :rolleyes:

Raz probably can give you insight on Kosovo league. he's watched every league week in week out afterall

B)

I don't really think anybody should be entertaining the notion of a mve to Kosovo as much as it would be funny in its own way it will never happen in a month of Sunday's.

Liverpool wouldn't risk sending an 80m asset to a nigh on pub League as Mia said and why on Earth would Suarez agree to it :confused:

Liverpool wouldn't risk sending an 80m asset to a nigh on pub League as Mia said and why on Earth would Suarez agree to it :confused:

Agreed with this. Also the pitches in Kosovo won't be as good as those one in the big European leagues, so he'll be susceptible to picking up an injury.

B)

I don't really think anybody should be entertaining the notion of a mve to Kosovo as much as it would be funny in its own way it will never happen in a month of Sunday's.

I get the notion that so he can play football may have a tiny little bit of an influence. That's just me though?:P

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I get the notion that so he can play football may have a tiny little bit of an influence. That's just me though?:P

Even when its a real offer, seems like a true joke. Despite of that, i wonder how many TV stations/channels would buy the rights to transmit Suarez's games playing in a Kosovo team while he is waiting for his bann to finish?

Well for starters he can earn £1,500 a week there £200,000 a week at Liverpool

Uprooting his family or having to leave his family for four months...

the level of football and facilities will be desperate and he can stay just as fit probably by working on his own, people within the club(providing he is still here) will have devised a fitness programme specifically for him....

Why risk injury that could possibly devoid him the chance to play later in a major European League and the Champions League???

Why would Liverpool risk a 80m pound asset??

Will never ever happen :)

Suarez has issued an apology on his twitter.

Apparently it was on Barcelonas request if the transfer is to continue.

Goodbye Suarez :(

I know I just indicated that on the World Cup Thread fairly obvious why that tweet has been put out.....

If he goes I will be absolutely gutted, best player to watch EVER in all my time watching Liverpool, the guy is a Genius.