ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

What would you feel would be a good deal?

Cash? Sanchez plus cash? Any other players been linked in the deal?

I would he happy with 50m and Sanchez.

Gonna be gutted when he leaves, lot of players I've loved watching Gerrard, Torres, Owen but Suarez has been on a completely different level, I doubt we'll ever fully replace him, hopefully we get Sanchez and then invest in some centre midfielders and defenders.

Sanchez plus cash definitely. For the obvious reasons but also so that Arsenal don't get him. Sanchez + £35M would be good, anything more than that would be fantastic.

Suarez has issued an apology on his twitter.

Apparently it was on Barcelonas request if the transfer is to continue.

Goodbye Suarez :(

It appears Chielleni has issued a response in regards Suarez's apology from his official twitter account !

Although Suarez is at fault and deserves to be punished, Chielleni is such a commendable human being. He has even shown compassion towards Suarez in regards to his lengthy suspension despite being the initial victim in the whole incident.

Even though I support Liverpool, Suarez issuing an apology was the right thing to do. Had he done this earlier and accepted responsibility perhaps he would have got a lighter sentence. Perhaps would have saved a lot of face as well.

Is Sanchez really that valuable? Might be a risky (though possibly justified) purchase given his struggles at Barca

19 goals and 11 assists in the league last season (yes, it's for a better team in a weaker league but still very impressive). I certainly can't think of a better player who we could realistically buy.

As much as I despise Suarez as a human being, a player of his quality will be a huge miss to the PL.

Any deal involving Sanchez + cash would be good for you though.

Sanchez + £30m (ish) and I think you've got a fair one.

Whatever we sell him for if it happens be it 50m and Sanchez or 70M cash or anything of the sort, we will be the losers the guy is irreplaceable simple as that, genius Id much rather keep him because no matter what we get we can't replace what we would be losing simple as that.

Sanchez and money would be the best bet but then I don't really see Sanchez wanting to join us TBH and what striker could we possibly and realistically get who is even remotely close to Suarez ability.....none.

I mean can anybody even suggest any names???

People can say what they like about Suarez but the PL will lose its best player by a country mile and be worse off for it, you wanna see the very best players and he for me is at the kind of elite level very few players ever get to. Doubt I will ever see a better one at my beloved club.

We will be missing the best goal scorer in the world (he will more likely average a goal a game in La Liga). I don't want him to leave but if he wants it we should grant him the request (all be it an excellent offer of Ibrahimovic proportions afew season ago), his temperament and off the field comments at times have been detrimental for the club but there is no denying he gives 110% for Liverpool shirt despite wanting away, unlike such other players a la Tevez.

I think with Sanchez we will lose a huge degree of goals that Suarez contributed but he will also create many more chances for Sturridge and others.

I would he happy with 50m and Sanchez.

Gonna be gutted when he leaves' date=' lot of players I've loved watching Gerrard, Torres, Owen but Suarez has been on a completely different level, I doubt we'll ever fully replace him, hopefully we get Sanchez and then invest in some centre midfielders and defenders.[/quote']

Is Sanchez really that valuable? Might be a risky (though possibly justified) purchase given his struggles at Barca

Throughout my life supporting Liverpool, I have never seen such a player who is comparable to the level of Luis Suarez.

If we lose Luis Suarez we will regress significantly, as our rivals will continue to strength throughout the summer. He is perhaps the only genuine World Class player we have in our promising youthful squad, and without him I think we will struggle to stay in the top 4.

This might sound cynical, but our best signing this summer will be retaining Luis Suarez.

I would love Alexis Sanchez. But not at the expense of Luis Suarez.

Respuesta: Official Liverpool Thread

Sanchez in the EPL will perform great and in a team like Liverpool even more. Sanchez performances havent been the best (up to this last season) because he had to adapt to a style of play that does not fit the best qualities of the Chilean.

He is a powerfully fast winger/forward that with spaces is deadly. Barcelona's tiki-taka style pretty much forced the Chilean to play with almost no space except 1 or 2 counters that might happen.

Liverpool's style of play with Rodgers fits way more with Sanchez. We have seen across the last season how much Liverpool has benefitted from the counter attacks with their agile/fast strikers/wingers. Sanchez will be a massive add, yet, the desire and hunger for victory that Suarez gave to the team will be hard to get back.

Whatever we sell him for if it happens be it 50m and Sanchez or 70M cash or anything of the sort' date=' we will be the losers the guy is irreplaceable simple as that, genius Id much rather keep him because no matter what we get we can't replace what we would be losing simple as that.

Sanchez and money would be the best bet but then I don't really see Sanchez wanting to join us TBH and what striker could we possibly and realistically get who is even remotely close to Suarez ability.....none.

[b']I mean can anybody even suggest any names[/b]???

People can say what they like about Suarez but the PL will lose its best player by a country mile and be worse off for it, you wanna see the very best players and he for me is at the kind of elite level very few players ever get to. Doubt I will ever see a better one at my beloved club.

A tall, Swedish man with a pony-tail ...?

well if it is anything like your track record of "guaranteed" signings for Arsenal I feel a lot more confident now :)

It's been verified on twitter, Ray, so it must be true.

It looks good on that front for us although i'm less then impressed with the potential arrival of Debuchy. In fact, if that comes off, keep an eye out for one of my meltdowns.

It's been verified on twitter' date=' Ray, so it must be true.

It looks good on that front for us although i'm less then impressed with the potential arrival of Debuchy. In fact, if that comes off, keep an eye out for one of my meltdowns.[/quote']

Well if Twitter says it obviously that's gospel I stand corrected :o:p:o:p

I genuinely hope Debuchy joins now, you and your meltdowns are one of the highlights of the forum in my eyes, sometimes justified, sometimes crazy but in a forum which is basically becoming so full of Johnny do gooders, kiss r ses and people who take offence at literally anything and can't accept any kind of real debate it makes for a refreshing change :)

You make it sound all gloomy.

Suarez is an exceptional player but we've got Sturridge, one of the best number 9's in the league so we don't even need to be worried about buying someone who will get 20+ goals in a season. Get a couple of £25M players after Lallana and we'll be fine.

It's been verified on twitter' date=' Ray, so it must be true.

It looks good on that front for us although i'm less then impressed with the potential arrival of Debuchy. In fact, if that comes off, keep an eye out for one of my meltdowns.[/quote']

It's on Twitter ? :P

Oh so then it must be true ! ;)

Suarez is an exceptional player but we've got Sturridge' date=' one of the best number 9's in the league so we don't even need to be worried about buying someone who will get 20+ goals in a season. Get a couple of £25M players after Lallana and we'll be fine.[/quote']

We value Lallana and markovic at 25 mil each. If we sell Suarez we are doomed...:o:p

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Suarez is an exceptional player but we've got Sturridge' date=' one of the best number 9's in the league so we don't even need to be worried about buying someone who will get 20+ goals in a season. Get a couple of £25M players after Lallana and we'll be fine.[/quote']

And with the money GET A GOOD CENTER BACK. Then i would agree with this.

I ain't suggesting it will be Armageddon Suso but we will be significantly weaker and spending the money on Lallana, Markovic etc IMO aint gunna get us what we lost how can it he is a genius.

What if Sturridge gets injured, you want Lambert, Aspas or Borini as the options :o:(:o:(

If he goes we have to bring in a much better striker than those three, Lambert is a back up option and Aspas and Borini are just nowhere near good enough.

We have Sturridge, but without Suarez we will lose that Word Class talent that is comparable to the world class talents that play for our domestic rivals.

Suarez is comparable to the Hazard, Yaya, Aguero, Silva, RVP, Rooney, Ozil in terms of World Class ability.

It will be to our detriment losing Suarez. Ideally we should be adding to compliment and build around Suarez so we can compete for trophies in the long term.

You simply cant go in to transfer market and purchase a player of the ilk of Suarez. If we lose Suarez we will have to accept that we will once again be undergoing a transitional period, with the best we can aim for being a top 4 finish.

Everyone was gloomy about the Torres departure, but we signed a Footballer in Luis Suarez who was of proven pedigree and has gone on to surpass Fernando Torres.

Despite the maniac and flawed genius he is, he is simply the best prospect we have going forward and competing against the Domestic and European heavyweights.

I ain't suggesting it will be Armageddon Suso but we will be significantly weaker and spending the money on Lallana' date=' Markovic etc IMO aint gunna get us what we lost how can it he is a genius.

What if Sturridge gets injured, you want Lambert, Aspas or Borini as the options :o:(:o:(

If he goes we have to bring in a much better striker than those three, Lambert is a back up option and Aspas and Borini are just nowhere near good enough.[/quote']

I don't know, we will be weaker in a sense but one of this Summer's top priorities was to strengthen the squad depth and if we get an extra 30-60M, we won't have to buy the likes of Aspas or Alberto anymore, we can actually buy 20M players (Markovic) who will bring real quality to to the squad.

If Sturridge gets injured, Aspas and Borini are two players we won't be relying on. I don't know who we're going to sign but we'll have better players than those 2 on our bench.

If we managed to get Sanchez and then Lallana + a proper LB for the money, our starting lineup might be weaker but we have a bigger squad and have solved a problem area (LB) with a quality player.