ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Whatever we sell him for if it happens be it 50m and Sanchez or 70M cash or anything of the sort' date=' we will be the losers the guy is irreplaceable simple as that, genius Id much rather keep him because no matter what we get we can't replace what we would be losing simple as that.

Sanchez and money would be the best bet but then I don't really see Sanchez wanting to join us TBH and what striker could we possibly and realistically get who is even remotely close to Suarez ability.....none.

I mean can anybody even suggest any names???

People can say what they like about Suarez but the PL will lose its best player by a country mile and be worse off for it, you wanna see the very best players and he for me is at the kind of elite level very few players ever get to. Doubt I will ever see a better one at my beloved club.[/quote']

Sorry Ray but you're dreaming with that one!

Barca would be mad to throw that much money along with Sanchez especially after his World Cup performances that have been outstanding.

They'll be acutely aware Liverpool aren't in the position of power now and will need a replacement for Suarez with Sanchez being as good as you'll find available on the market. Had Suarez not bitten Chiellini I think you'd be looking at a £70m fee but no matter how you try to spin it he's lost value because of it and he looks like he wants to leave again. This time I fear is once too many and any offer around £30m and Sanchez would be fair for him.

Like you say though Liverpool are the big losers here either way as just as you'll never walk alone, you'll never get a player like Suarez anytime soon.

Sorry Ray but you're dreaming with that one!

Barca would be mad to throw that much money along with Sanchez especially after his World Cup performances that have been outstanding.

They'll be acutely aware Liverpool aren't in the position of power now and will need a replacement for Suarez with Sanchez being as good as you'll find available on the market. Had Suarez not bitten Chiellini I think you'd be looking at a £70m fee but no matter how you try to spin it he's lost value because of it and he looks like he wants to leave again. This time I fear is once too many and any offer around £30m and Sanchez would be fair for him.

Like you say though Liverpool are the big losers here either way as just as you'll never walk alone' date=' you'll never get a player like Suarez anytime soon.[/quote']

I don't see why it is dreaming at all and I don't think Barcelona have all the power here at all. 30m and Sanchez is nowhere near his worth, Sanchez is a long way from Suarez ability.

Sanchez also don't fit Barca's style of play what he does at the World Cup don't have any relevance to his Barca place as two completely different roles and Barca will never use him up top like Chile do.

He is our player and we won't sell if we don't get what we want, we have proved in the past with Suarez and our owners are not the type to cave in they know his worth and will extract everything possible for him, if Barca don't wanna pay it good means he stays here.

if we don't get a deal of at least 70m I don't think he will be leaving.

We have Sturridge' date=' but without Suarez we will lose that Word Class talent that is comparable to the world class talents that play for our domestic rivals.

[b']Agreed.[/b]

Suarez is comparable to the Hazard, Yaya, Aguero, Silva, RVP, Rooney, Ozil in terms of World Class ability.

Agreed.

It will be to our detriment losing Suarez. Ideally we should be adding to compliment and build around Suarez so we can compete for trophies in the long term.

Ideally, yes. But if Suarez wants to leave, I don't want us to stand in his way. Rodgers will find another way to create a winning team, that's something none of us should be worried about.

You simply cant go in to transfer market and purchase a player of the ilk of Suarez. If we lose Suarez we will have to accept that we will once again be undergoing a transitional period, with the best we can aim for being a top 4 finish.

We don't need try to find a like-for-like replacement for Suarez. And we shouldn't because we can't find anyone as good as him. What we can and should do, is strengthen the team where we're at our weakest.

Everyone was gloomy about the Torres departure, but we signed a Footballer in Luis Suarez who was of proven pedigree and has gone on to surpass Fernando Torres.

And we'll continue to have players of the highest quality in this team.

Despite the maniac and flawed genius he is, he is simply the best prospect we have going forward and competing against the Domestic and European heavyweights.

Let's remember that we have a lot of good players, we weren't completely reliant on Suarez. I'm not doubting Suarez's quality and I wish he wanted to spend the rest of his career here. But that's not the case, so we move on.

EDIT: And something I don't think I've mentioned yet. This isn't going to be the last time Suarez gets a long ban. And if he does go and bite yet another player, then he'll be out for a looooong time.

I don't see why it is dreaming at all and I don't think Barcelona have all the power here at all. 30m and Sanchez is nowhere near his worth' date=' Sanchez is a long way from Suarez ability.

Sanchez also don't fit Barca's style of play what he does at the World Cup don't have any relevance to his Barca place as two completely different roles and Barca will never use him up top like Chile do.

He is our player and we won't sell if we don't get what we want, we have proved in the past with Suarez and our owners are not the type to cave in they know his worth and will extract everything possible for him, if Barca don't wanna pay it good means he stays here.

if we don't get a deal of at least 70m I don't think he will be leaving.[/quote']

I fear this is an isolate case of blinkered view from you Ray.

When Suarez bit Chiellini his value dropped in the same way when a company does something bad their share price drops.

It is also incredibly obvious how much Suarez wants out of England.

Sanchez is a very good player and would command a fee of around £30m at least in todays market and given his world cup performances it could be more.

Of course his world cup has relevance, if a player performs well his value increases and his reputation does too Ochoa is a perfect example of this.

Sanchez also had a good season at Barca despite not playing as much as he'd like there is no reason for Barca to value him any less than £30m.

Sanchez (£30m) + £30m cash would be a very fair deal for him.

Just because it hurts to lose your best player it doesn't make that any less true given all that has happened.

When Suarez bit Chiellini his value dropped in the same way when a company does something bad their share price drops.

The only person its hurt is Suarez himself then. Liverpool don't need to sell but if you offered the kitchen sink then your more likely to accept his wishes and allow him to part.

Liverpool owners have money and if they so desire Suarez will be going nowhere.

Sanchez is a very good player and would command a fee of around £30m at least in todays market and given his world cup performances it could be more.

Of course his world cup has relevance' date=' if a player performs well his value increases and his reputation does too Ochoa is a perfect example of this.

Sanchez also had a good season at Barca despite not playing as much as he'd like there is no reason for Barca to value him any less than £30m.

Just because it hurts to lose your best player it doesn't make that any less true given all that has happened.[/quote']

I agree that Suarez biting Chiellini took money off his price. One thing we do have going for us (especially after last summer with Suarez & Arsenal) is that we've shown to be pretty firm negotiators so Barca shouldn't be expecting us to just bow down to them in the negotiations.

Of course his world cup has relevance' date=' if a player performs well his value increases and his reputation does too Ochoa is a perfect example of this.

Just because it hurts to lose your best player it doesn't make that any less true given all that has happened.[/quote']

Not blinkered at all, you clearly don't recognise the strength of our owners.

Suarez clearly wanted out last season, we were strong with him and he produced a record breaking season, if he stays he will give everything again he loves football and will always give 100% when out on the pitch

60m :P:p

I think it is more a case of you can't wait for us to lose our best player because for the first time in years United and there fans are genuinely worried about us.

In conclusion I believe our owners will sell if our asking price is met because of the hassle et but they are also astute business men and you don't sell your top asset on the cheap and they won't.

He shouldn't and I don't believe he will leave for anything under 70m minimum and they are still getting him cheap.

Barca have no power, the power is in the hands of the selling club unless there is a minimum fee release clause pay the price or go away and preferably go away :)

Suddenly the selling club can't be demanding.

The selling club owners represent other billion dollar athletes like Johnny Manziel who is a walking drama machine and handle him correctly, a quiet family man with a hankering to occasionally bite the opposition and a Barca boardroom will not out smart or get the better hand out of the Liverpool representatives.

The only person its hurt is Suarez himself then. Liverpool don't need to sell but if you offered the kitchen sink then your more likely to accept his wishes and allow him to part.

Liverpool owners have money and if they so desire Suarez will be going nowhere.

They may well have money but their whole transfer policy is based on value for money. They'd be making a profit on Suarez by selling for £30m + Sanchez.

Liverpool are in a much weaker position then they were at the start of the window (where I genuinely thought Suarez might stay) and will end up selling.

I agree that Suarez biting Chiellini took money off his price. One thing we do have going for us (especially after last summer with Suarez & Arsenal) is that we've shown to be pretty firm negotiators so Barca shouldn't be expecting us to just bow down to them in the negotiations.

You were firm because you had a valuable product that owed you one. Suarez has repayed you with the best football you've had in years. If Barca come knocking Suarez will leave and I'd be shocked if it were for the fees you're thinking.

Suddenly the selling club can't be demanding.

You can be demanding but not as much. Suarez pre bite is easily worth £70m (well at least you could pay that and not feel aggrieved) but now I can't see any club doing that given all thats gone on and the obvious fact that Suarez wants to go.

Not blinkered at all' date=' you clearly don't recognise the strength of our owners.

Suarez clearly wanted out last season, we were strong with him and he produced a record breaking season, if he stays he will give everything again he loves football and will always give 100% when out on the pitch

60m :P:p

I think it is more a case of you can't wait for us to lose our best player because for the first time in years United and there fans are genuinely worried about us.

In conclusion I believe our owners will sell if our asking price is met because of the hassle et but they are also astute business men and you don't sell your top asset on the cheap and they won't.

He shouldn't and I don't believe he will leave for anything under 70m minimum and they are still getting him cheap.

Barca have no power, the power is in the hands of the selling club unless there is a minimum fee release clause pay the price or go away and preferably go away :)[/quote']

Not really Ray, I'd love to see Suarez still in the PL as he's a delight to watch (as long as he's not scoring against us).

I cannot see Suarez staying now and Sanchez + £30m would be a very good deal for you.

£60m equivalent isn't exactly selling your top asset on the cheap his history of bad behaviour and such a high profile incident (plus missing pre season etc) make him less valuable to both Liverpool and Barcelona.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the fee and just see how it pans out.

You were firm because you had a valuable product that owed you one. Suarez has repayed you with the best football you've had in years. If Barca come knocking Suarez will leave and I'd be shocked if it were for the fees you're thinking.

Suarez owing us one didn't have anything to do with it.

Suarez owing us one didn't have anything to do with it.

I think it probably did.

If the company you work for fights your corner even when you are obviously in the wrong then you are more likely to want to work for them than a company that casts you asunder at the first sign of trouble.

That's my opinion anyway.

They may well have money but their whole transfer policy is based on value for money. They'd be making a profit on Suarez by selling for £30m + Sanchez.

Liverpool are in a much weaker position then they were at the start of the window (where I genuinely thought Suarez might stay) and will end up selling.

You can be demanding but not as much. Suarez pre bite is easily worth £70m (well at least you could pay that and not feel aggrieved) but now I can't see any club doing that given all thats gone on and the obvious fact that Suarez wants to go.

Not really Ray' date=' I'd love to see Suarez still in the PL as he's a delight to watch (as long as he's not scoring against us).

I cannot see Suarez staying now and Sanchez + £30m would be a very good deal for you.

£60m equivalent isn't exactly selling your top asset on the cheap his history of bad behaviour and such a high profile incident (plus missing pre season etc) make him less valuable to both Liverpool and Barcelona.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the fee and just see how it pans out.[/quote']

I don't really think Liverpool are in a weaker position in regards to Luis Suarez's future. The scenario is whether or not Liverpool will want to continue to support Luis Suarez midst his latest moment of madness and his persistent disciplinary problems.

A 4 month worldwide ban will certainly make the Liverpool hierarchy question whether or not it will be beneficial to keep him despite his persistent controversial disciplinary issues, particularly if they get a mammoth amount of money for him ( 70+ Million plus).

I do agree with the fact that Liverpool will lose value because of the imposed world wide FIFA ban and it certainly weakens our hand in negotiating a potential transfer fee.

However, people do often forget we have tied down Luis Suarez to a long term 5 year contract , and the release clause I believe does not come in to activation unless Liverpool miss out on Champions League qualification.

Last summer, Luis Suarez's well documented desire to leave Liverpool was based on his desire to play Champions League football. Liverpool have since satisfied that desire by qualifying for the Champions League, and there haven't been any particular noises out of the player's camp that suggests he may be unhappy at Liverpool.

In all honestly, I don't see Barcelona making the rumored move for Suarez.

1) Barcelona are very image conscious and Luis Suarez's reputation and image is not mutual with Barcelona's brand and identity. This is the same club that disposed of Zlatan Ibrahimovic after spending £70 Million on him because he wasn't compatible with cultural identity of Liverpool.

2) Barcelona wont be willing to spend the rumored fee of £50 Million and upwards to secure Luis Suarez's transfer.The rumored transfer fee of £80 million of Neymar created an uproar at Barcelona and the discrepancies in the transfer fee resulted in the president resigning.

It was only a few months ago, that Barcelona vice president Carles Vilarrubi claimed that signing Neymar hurted Barcelona's financial stability in the wake of Real Madrid's interest, which ultimately forced Barcelona to pay over the odds to secure his transfer.

Bearing this in mind, does anyone really think Barcelona are willing to spend £50 Milllion on a controversial striker who is banned from all football for 4 months , particularly after spending £80 million on Neymar ?

I am more concerned about him being banned for 4 months as opposed to supposedly losing him.

Luis Suarez is simply irreplaceable. We need to keep him to move forward. Selling him is out of the question. His 4 month absence will certainly hurt Liverpool's ambitions for the season , but I do feel that we can cope better this time around.

Congratulations on signing a certain Southampton midfielder who also happens to support Everton.

Post made on the 27th of April' date=' guess that makes me ITK:p

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 9m View translation

Liverpool sign Adam Lallana from Southampton #SSN

Lallana just turned 26 and has been gradually improving every season so you would expect him to have his peak years during the next 3 or 4 seasons. And that's one of the big positives in this deal because we have such a young squad and seem to be after a lot of other young players.

He has all the qualities Rodgers looks for in a player and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he'll be a fantastic player for us. People can moan about the price all they want but that doesn't take anything away from the fact that he's a great player.

So it's done. Lallana had a wonderful season for Saints and hopefully he can replicate his form in a Liverpool shirt. My only qualm is paying big money for a player who has only done it at the top for one season which makes it a risk. However, he's suited to our style and if he plays well the transfer fee will be ignored

Rakitic: "Luis Suarez apologizing? It says a lot about him. He showed he has character. He's a quality player, no matter what the club does"

Incredible if that's a real quote:D

I will say Adam Lallana is less risky signing than Ander Herrera,and with him only 2 years older and United pay much more for Herrera,i guess no United fan can call Lallana signing ridiculous. Happy to have him,well suited to EPL,well suited to Liverpool playing style,versatile and have leadership quality. Anything you need from a player

So it's done. Lallana had a wonderful season for Saints and hopefully he can replicate his form in a Liverpool shirt. My only qualm is paying big money for a player who has only done it at the top for one season which makes it a risk. However' date=' he's suited to our style and if he plays well the transfer fee will be ignored[/quote']

Bournemouth are well pleased as they scoop £6.25million from a sell on fee, more than their 8 highest ever transfers combined.

Storming season last season and I hope he continues his progression at the rate he has been so far.

The premium on English players is disgusting though, especially after the World Cup failure.

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Now only Markovic to arrive and you guys will have blown the Suarez money.

Another offensive player and no money invested in a qualified defender.

To remark again the amount of points that Liverpool lost due to defenders mistakes...

10 step of happiness.

1. Barca approaches Suarez.

2. ... and talk him to apologize.

3. Suarez apologized.

4. Chiellini accepted the apology.

5. Barca representative blown this 'apologizing' scene out of proportion and FIFA take note.

6. FIFA see some kind of remorse from Suarez.

7. Suarez suspension reduced.

8. Suarez changed his mind and want to stay and play CL for Liverpool, because it's his dream since a little boy.

9. Sanchez touched by this story and submit transfer request.

10. Sanchez moved to Liverpool.