ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Now only Markovic to arrive and you guys will have blown the Suarez money.

So far from the truth it's untrue.

We already had 60-70m to spend, so far we have spent 36m, add t the fact that Suarez will probably fetch a fee of 70m+ in a straight cash deal and in theory that leaves us with another 90 odd million to spend if all the money is made available for transfer.

So in essence we will have to spend at least another 20+m before we even start to make a dent in any potential Suarez money.

Lovren is the most likely defender recruit. We desperately need a right back and a left back going into the new season. Not much talk on a centre midfielder but we definitely need to invest in one, can't be going into the Champions League with Allen and Lucas backing up Gerrard and Henderson.

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Lovren is the most likely defender recruit. We desperately need a right back and a left back going into the new season. Not much talk on a centre midfielder but we definitely need to invest in one' date=' can't be going into the Champions League with Allen and Lucas backing up Gerrard and Henderson.[/quote']

Pretty much that!

Lovren is the most likely defender recruit. We desperately need a right back and a left back going into the new season. Not much talk on a centre midfielder but we definitely need to invest in one' date='[/b'] can't be going into the Champions League with Allen and Lucas backing up Gerrard and Henderson.

Yes, we Can.

So far from the truth it's untrue.

We already had 60-70m to spend' date=' so far we have spent 36m, add t the fact that Suarez will probably fetch a fee of 70m+ in a straight cash deal and in theory that leaves us with another 90 odd million to spend if all the money is made available for transfer.

So in essence we will have to spend at least another 20+m before we even start to make a dent in any potential Suarez money.[/quote']

Unless you need to dedicate a lot of the fee towards making profit for FFP? You can keep your heads in the sand all you like but you made huge losses in the last 2 seasons and there's very little chance that revenues will have increased enough to offset that. A big sale can add a lot of revenue very quickly.

Unless you need to dedicate a lot of the fee towards making profit for FFP? You can keep your heads in the sand all you like but you made huge losses in the last 2 seasons and there's very little chance that revenues will have increased enough to offset that. A big sale can add a lot of revenue very quickly.

I don't see it like that at all, it was well known that the board had budgeted 60m for transfer this window to be spent and whatever Rodgers recouped in fees, and that was when we had Suarez to stay so all the budgets with regards FFP would have been factored and considered.

Now we have an unexpected situation and I don't see any reason to think that the fee won't be made available for transfers, FSG ain't stupid I have full faith in them and as one of the biggest advocates of FFP I have no doubt they will have accounted for all the scenarios.

I don't see it like that at all' date=' it was well known that the board had budgeted 60m for transfer this window to be spent and whatever Rodgers recouped in fees, and that was when we had Suarez to stay so all the budgets with regards FFP would have been factored and considered.

Now we have an unexpected situation and I don't see any reason to think that the fee won't be made available for transfers, FSG ain't stupid I have full faith in them and as one of the biggest advocates of FFP I have no doubt they will have accounted for all the scenarios.[/quote']

It was also widely predicted that Suarez would move this summer. Maybe the £60m isn't net, but rather actual paid fees?

The board at City aren't stupid either but we still fell foul of FFP. I personally don't think your board will have expected to qualify for the CL last season. United's dismal campaign was a surprise to most, as was Spurs' failure to take advantage. Another season waiting for a top four finish would have allowed you to skip over a year of £40m+ losses for FFP purposes.

It was also widely predicted that Suarez would move this summer. Maybe the £60m isn't net' date=' but rather actual paid fees?

The board at City aren't stupid either but we still fell foul of FFP. I personally don't think your board will have expected to qualify for the CL last season. United's dismal campaign was a surprise to most, as was Spurs' failure to take advantage. Another season waiting for a top four finish would have allowed you to skip over a year of £40m+ losses for FFP purposes.[/quote']

No it was 60m net, everybody who is anybody who I trust regarding Liverpool in terms of sources all were saying the exact same thing and the boards indications were much the same.

As I have said to you many times I am totally relaxed about FFP and with Champions League money, Much higher commercial revenues, international growth, the new big TV deal etc etc I really ain't worried In The slightest.

FSG have been one of the major protagonists in trying to advocate FFP (rightly or wrongly) and would look pretty silly if we then went to fail it when we needed to pass (as in back in Europe)

They ain't stupid and ever since they came in they have totally stabilised the club financially and it is much more self sufficient, I have no worries, we are heading in the right direction and as owners they have been pretty decent.

Barrett says Lovren is current priority, Bertrand is also new target with the Moreno deal dead.

Also Echo reporting that we won't entertain any Suarez bid that doesn't involve Sanchez who Liverpool see as a key part of the new look Liverpool side.

On the Bertrand deal I'd much prefer us to bring Cissokho back :eek:

Barrett says Lovren is current priority' date=' Bertrand is also new target with the Moreno deal dead.

Also Echo reporting that we won't entertain any Suarez bid that doesn't involve Sanchez who Liverpool see as a key part of the new look Liverpool side.

On the Bertrand deal I'd much prefer us to bring Cissokho back :eek:[/quote']

If we get Bertrand I just might cry, seriously a grown man and I might cry :o

No it was 60m net' date=' everybody who is anybody who I trust regarding Liverpool in terms of sources all were saying the exact same thing and the boards indications were much the same.

As I have said to you many times I am totally relaxed about FFP and with Champions League money, Much higher commercial revenues, international growth, the new big TV deal etc etc I really ain't worried In The slightest.

FSG have been one of the major protagonists in trying to advocate FFP (rightly or wrongly) and would look pretty silly if we then went to fail it when we needed to pass (as in back in Europe)

They ain't stupid and ever since they came in they have totally stabilised the club financially and it is much more self sufficient, I have no worries, we are heading in the right direction and as owners they have been pretty decent.[/quote']

I don't doubt that your owners have been fantastic, but sometimes you have to invest to stabilise finances. City were close to administration in 2008, had a hugely wealthy takeover and are now very close to breaking even.

You have to look at the numbers in play, rather than the media reports driven by Liverpool's PR. You made a £41m loss in a 10 month accounting period in the 2011/12 financial year (so one could assume you actually lost more) and a £50m loss in the 2012/13 financial year. I believe that the allowed losses over the 3 year FFP period are £37m, so you'd need to have made over £50m profit in the 2013/14 financial year to pass. Premier League clubs combined only made an £80m profit last season, so you have an absolute mountain to climb.

I don't think there's any chance of you making up that much money and you will fail FFP for next season's (2015/16) competitions. The Suarez money could mean that you won't fail the year after as you'll still have a £50m loss on the books and the FFP allowance will reduce.

I don't doubt that your owners have been fantastic' date=' but sometimes you have to invest to stabilise finances. City were close to administration in 2008, had a hugely wealthy takeover and are now very close to breaking even.

You have to look at the numbers in play, rather than the media reports driven by Liverpool's PR. You made a £41m loss in a 10 month accounting period in the 2011/12 financial year (so one could assume you actually lost more) and a £50m loss in the 2012/13 financial year. I believe that the allowed losses over the 3 year FFP period are £37m, so you'd need to have made over £50m profit in the 2013/14 financial year to pass. Premier League clubs combined only made an £80m profit last season, so you have an absolute mountain to climb.

I don't think there's any chance of you making up that much money and you will fail FFP for next season's (2015/16) competitions. The Suarez money could mean that you won't fail the year after as you'll still have a £50m loss on the books and the FFP allowance will reduce.[/quote']

Stu whilst I understand what your getting at I simply don't agree with your analysis and feel confident we will be fine, I can't be bothered to get into to deep a conversation about it as I find it quite a boring subject but I have total faith in our owners and management team to meet the numbers required and I trust them and there figures, projections and Business nous.

Bertrand?! Oh God No. I'd rather just stick with what we've got. Then Lovren as our top CB target? Ugh. I just dont think Rodgers has a good eye for defensive players. Moreno deal seems off. The price seemed to be getting a bit high considering he's still incredibly raw. We could get Ricardo Rodriguez for about the same price and he's another level. No idea why we're not making him our top priority.

Slightly worried we will waste the Suarez money. Be nice to get Sanchez as part of the deal though. Fingers crossed.

Too deep for Henderson? He's a battling CM' date=' how is it too deep for him. Not exactly a play making AM is he.[/quote']

We play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 diamond, nearly at the end of the season.

Gerrard

---Hendo ---- Coutinho

Sterling -- Sturridge -- Suarez

or

Gerrard

--Hendo ---- Coutinho

Sterling

Sturridge - Suarez

Always with one holding midfielder at the center, that is Gerrard. Hendo and Coutinho playing in front of him, with free role and always roaming around.

We play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 diamond' date=' nearly at the end of the season.

[center']Gerrard

---Hendo ---- Coutinho

Sterling -- Sturridge -- Suarez

or

Gerrard

--Hendo ---- Coutinho

Sterling

Sturridge - Suarez

[/center]

Always with one holding midfielder at the center, that is Gerrard. Hendo and Coutinho playing in front of him, with free role and always roaming around.

So not really different than having him behind the three i put up then, he is still sat behind more attacking players and still in the middle of the midfield.

Henderson is a CM and roams and passes around the middle of the pitch. I don't see how that is too deep for him, he isn't going to be part of an attacking three/four like Coutinho could be or Sterling.