ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

If we managed to get Cuadrado' date=' I would like to revert him back to RWB. Although it would be just me I think. Slightly waste him at that position (considering monster transfer fee his club demand) but he's still better than Johnson and tactically sound going forward and doing defensive work. 2 birds 1 stone.

[center']Mignolet

Cuadrado - Skrtel - Sakho - Enrique

Gerrard

Hendo ----------- Lallana

Sterling - Sturridge - Shaqiri

But I don't think that could happened, because I'm not seeing we part with Suarez, if Sanchez is not in the deal. And I think we will fight tooth and nail to keep him here.

[/center]

Spending €40M on Cuadrado not to use him in an attacking position would be silly I think.

Don't think I said he was better than Sanchez?

I'd just much prefer Shaqiri' date=' pretty obvious Sanchez doesn't want to join us.[/quote']

Most of the reliable papers/journos say that Sanchez hasn't told us that he doesn't want to come here.

Spending €40M on Cuadrado not to use him in an attacking position would be silly I think.

Wasn't it near to €60M mark?

Could always try that 3-5-2 tho.

Mignolet

Skrtel - Agger - Sakho

Cuadrado ---- Gerrard ----- Enrique

--Hendo ---------- Lallana

(Forward) - Sturridge

Most of the reliable papers/journos say that Sanchez hasn't told us that he doesn't want to come here.

Yeah. Plus all the talks that 'Arsenal doing their transfer behind closed door' and perhaps Sanchez is just another 'smokescreen' in this case.

No way Sterling isn't going to start the season the lads been immense past few months and fully deserves his place. Still crossing my fingers for Lukaku as I've accepted that Suarez is gone.

Does anyone know if Enrique is fit again? Sure I saw something on his twitter the other day saying hes looking forward to pre season. I'd rather keep Enrique over Bertrand any day.

I like this one the best (admitedly its very optimistic)

Mignolet

Johnson-Lovren-Sakho-Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson-Lallana

Cuadrado--------------------Shaqiri

Sturridge

Sterling first off the bench for either winger or even that #10 role I really liekd him in

If you lot don't get Sanchez you can pretty much kiss the season good bye.

You's can kiss it good bye anyways because once Suarez leaves it's downhill from there on in.

If Arsenal get Sanchez and you lot sell Suarez without getting anyone in exchange it will be a terrible season for you lot.

Your only hope is to convince Sanchez Liverpool is the right club for him to have any hope of a decent season.

Mignolet

Johnson-Lovren-Sakho-Enrique

Sterling-Gerrard-Henderson-Lallana

Lambert-Sturridge

Start Flanagan at RB and Johnson at LB and that is it an extremely English line-up lol.

You's can kiss it good bye anyways because once Suarez leaves it's downhill from there on in.

If Arsenal get Sanchez and you lot sell Suarez without getting anyone in exchange it will be a terrible season for you lot.

Your only hope is to convince Sanchez Liverpool is the right club for him to have any hope of a decent season.

article-2538192-1A98929000000578-99_306x423.jpg

not really. Sanchez isnt the be all and end all. He is just IMO the best like for like (well nearly) replacement for Suarez. Pretty sure same was said when Torres was on his way out and look who came in and eventually turned out ok....Suarez.

a huge sum of cash to fund a replacement, who is guarenteed to be an outright starter at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Its an attractive postion to be in and a massive role for any player up for boosting there football CV.

We are in a decent position with our first team being one thats very creative. We can add another Suarez type forward with flair or go for an out and out goalscorer to finish the chances to play in tandem with Sturridge

Mandzukic is a player id like us to consider in that role, and 20M is a bargain IMO.

I like this one the best (admitedly its very optimistic)

Mignolet

Johnson-Lovren-Sakho-Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson-Lallana

Cuadrado--------------------Shaqiri

Sturridge

Sterling first off the bench for either winger or even that #10 role I really liekd him in

Sterling is miles better than Shaqiri.

You make me lose faith in the human race. I'd take the time to explain to you why you are so wrong but I'm not sure you would comprehend how a team can buy new players.

Big question' date=' will Suarez be the first of former strikers in the modern era who's transfer was successful?

No former striker has had much success when they've left us looking back.[/quote']

He won't be as good I think. He'll be put on the wing and made to serve Messi. I'm sure he will still be good but I don't think they will get the best out of him

Big question' date=' will Suarez be the first of former strikers in the modern era who's transfer was successful?

No former striker has had much success when they've left us looking back.[/quote']

Probably not. He needs to be the spearhead of the attack to be able to function at his absolute best, and that won't be the case at Barça (or Real for that matter).

As bigtunna said you can say all these players, but apart from Sanchez none of them deserve to get past Sterling straight away if we sign two of them. Shaqiri/markovic etc definitely shouldn't.

Seen somewhere that the Sanchez deal will likely be done separate to the Suarez deal, which if true, forget about him now.

Suarez will take over at Barca.

;2945425']Looking at Huntelaar

So he says, this was rumoured a couple days ago. I don't believe a word of it - why would we look at Huntelaar when we already have Lambert? Think this is the Dutch man trying to exploit our transfer dealings to earn himself an improved crust at Schalke or orchestrate a move away. Regardless, I don't believe he's on our radar.

According to the Echo:-

Xherdan Shaqiri signature is imminent with only Bayern offering him a new deal as a potential block. He only played 10 games for them last year and with Ribery as cemented in the side as a bollard outside an ATM we are his only viable first team offer on the table.

Ryan Bertrand is still seen as the LB solution for us. he's keen, at 24 to play Champions League and would be available for £8m, Rodgers own history from his Chelsea Academy days would seem to suggest that this is more than simply rumour.

We are also interested in 14-year-old Polish goalkeeper Tomasz Kucz.The Polonia Warsaw stopper is already 5ft 11ins tall, has had two trials at Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen as well as having already trained with the Warsaw first team – even though he is not yet old enough to play in a senior match – and is breaking into their Under 19 squad.Manchester Utd and Everton are also said to be keeping tabs on the youngster.

With the youngster from Spurs (well, almost from Spurs) also arriving there does seem to be a focus from Rodgers on legacy here. You have to applaud the mans approach, he's got cojones for sure and isn't simply living io the moment.

So Lambert, Lallana and Can have been announced. All will help the squad and will hopefully be useful players. Can we have some actual upgrades to the starting 11 now please? P.s. Not lovren, markovic, Bertrand

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

So Lambert' date=' Lallana and Can have been announced. All will help the squad and will hopefully be useful players. Can we have some actual upgrades to the starting 11 now please? P.s. [b']Not lovren[/b], markovic, Bertrand

Quality central backs available are really something hard to find. Lovren would be a good upgrade to the squad even when he does not have the class of other potentially available defenders like Hummels, Godin, or the likes. The guy is solid and with good potential to develop.

Rumor has it that Dortmund is considering a 25m bid for Hummels from the UTD, if that is true, then there is no way that Lovren worths 20m.