ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Quality central backs available are really something hard to find. Lovren would be a good upgrade to the squad even when he does not have the class of other potentially available defenders like Hummels' date=' Godin, or the likes. The guy is solid and with good potential to develop.

Rumor has it that Dortmund is considering a 25m bid for Hummels from the UTD, if that is true, then there is no way that Lovren worths 20m.[/quote']

I'd stick a big bid in for Benatia. Or Howedes. lovren based on his form last season would be an upgrade on Skrtel however that's his first good season really, he's been very inconsistent before that. There's better out there tbh and I'd probably rather just keep skrtel. I think we need a QUALITY LB and a QUALITY CB. They should be our priorities without doubt

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I'd stick a big bid in for Benatia. Or Howedes. lovren based on his form last season would be an upgrade on Skrtel however that's his first good season really' date=' he's been very inconsistent before that. There's better out there tbh and I'd probably rather just keep skrtel. I think we need a QUALITY LB and a QUALITY CB. They should be our priorities without doubt[/quote']

Been saying not since the end of the last season but the other. Liverpool cant afford the amount of points lost due to defensive mistakes, and im not talking only about mistakes when trying to start the play passing the ball close to the box but most of the incredible mistakes happens defending the aerial balls, mostly because current defenders just cant remain focused the 90 minutes.

A quality central back is what is needed the most, then i agree that a LB with offensive but also some defensive notion would be the second and then Liverpool can think in keep upgrading the rest of the squad as they are right now.

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

LB is the least worrying position for me. We have Flanno there and also Enrique coming back from injury. We don't need to buy another CB if we keep Agger and Skrtel, also Ilori would be okay to step up now for those extra match.

Why do I sensed people in here quite happy to settle with Johnson in RB?

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

LB is the least worrying position for me. We have Flanno there and also Enrique coming back from injury. We don't need to buy another CB if we keep Agger and Skrtel' date=' also Ilori would be okay to step up now for those extra match.

Why do I sensed people in here quite happy to settle with Johnson in RB?[/quote']

What i have seen from Johnson is that he lacked a little bit of confidence and thus commiting mistakes. He is a right back with pretty good offensive skills, still pretty fast, should work on his defense and he can actually turn towards the box and shoot with his weak foot which is pretty much awesome for a right back. He had a regular/regular bad season but from my perspective, with a little more confidence he is a solid first choice for Liverpool's RB position.

Skrtel is absolutely horrendous.

Skrtel is defo a weird case. While player's irregularity is based on games, this folk is capable of be irregular in the same game. I have seen Skrtel dominating the opposition with ease, with fierce tackles close to the box and when Liverpool puts the pressure on, been great on stealing balls from the opposition strikers in the mid field, also been great in the aerial (mostly on the offense) however... the games that Skrtel kept that level during the 90' are really counted with one hand. I dont know if its the lose of focus or what that he ends up commiting silly mistakes or forgetting to follow his mark in a corner or a foul that ends up in a centered ball towards the box and many other mistakes.

Liverpool needs a center back, that remains concentrated the whole game, no matter the result (crystal palace cough cough) strong, fast and with good aerial defending skill mostly since many of the goals that Liverpool conceded came this way.

So...

There's theory out there that Suarez deliberately bit Chiellini to get the ban that would facilitate his transfer to Spain. Knowing that Liverpool just had such a good season, he expected that a transfer request would be rejected as well as sour his relationship with Liverpool supporters. This would be the only explanation for biting someone in a World Cup game that would surely see him eliminated from the rest of the tournament and waste the shot at the World Cup - but a transfer to Madrid/Barca would be worth it. Thoughts?

So...

There's theory out there that Suarez deliberately bit Chiellini to get the ban that would facilitate his transfer to Spain. Knowing that Liverpool just had such a good season' date=' he expected that a transfer request would be rejected as well as sour his relationship with Liverpool supporters. Thoughts?[/quote']

Would he do such a thing, knowing that it would put his nations chances of progressing in jeopardy? I can see why people have come up with the theory but what he did affected his nation and a lot of players are very passionate about theirs. Im sure he regrets what he did deep inside despite it being the third time.

So...

There's theory out there that Suarez deliberately bit Chiellini to get the ban that would facilitate his transfer to Spain. Knowing that Liverpool just had such a good season' date=' he expected that a transfer request would be rejected as well as sour his relationship with Liverpool supporters. This would be the only explanation for biting someone in a World Cup game that would surely see him eliminated from the rest of the tournament and waste the shot at the World Cup - but a transfer to Madrid/Barca would be worth it. Thoughts?[/quote']

Let me go get my tinfoil hat...

Would he do such a thing' date=' knowing that it would put his nations chances of progressing in jeopardy? I can see why people have come up with the theory but what he did affected his nation and a lot of players are very passionate about theirs. Im sure he regrets what he did deep inside despite it being the third time.[/quote']

Only a prized transfer to "home", the Latino culture, e.g. Barca/Real would make it worth it. It's a big sacrifice to make, a chance at the world cup, but being able to play his prime years in a club guaranteed to win some trophies and surrounded by a culture he likes might make it worth it.

Nice pick up in Emre Can, looks a decent addition to your squad, another few more signings and you will be good to go.

So...

There's theory out there that Suarez deliberately bit Chiellini to get the ban that would facilitate his transfer to Spain. Knowing that Liverpool just had such a good season' date=' he expected that a transfer request would be rejected as well as sour his relationship with Liverpool supporters. This would be the only explanation for biting someone in a World Cup game that would surely see him eliminated from the rest of the tournament and waste the shot at the World Cup - but a transfer to Madrid/Barca would be worth it. Thoughts?[/quote']

This is absolutely ludicrous but given the fact that this is posted in the Liverpool thread it is not entirely unsurprising.:eek:

He ain't our best CB though.

Agger ain't been the player he was for well over two seasons now.

While i agree with this, i also agree that Agger is Liverpool's best centre back. Liverpool should focus in "restore" Agger. Clearly another player that lost the confidence and enthusiasm.

EDIT: With a new good centre back and the Agger that was an absolute starter plus Skrtel and Sakho as an option Liverpool should do alright.

He ain't our best CB though.

Agger ain't been the player he was for well over two seasons now.

It would be a huge loss I feel, thats all. I dont think he should be the one leaving to make space for the possible transfer of Lovren.

It would be a huge loss I feel' date=' thats all. I dont think he should be the one leaving to make space for the possible transfer of Lovren.[/quote']

If the possibility of Agger leaving was brought up two-three years ago I would have been horrified but if it happened now I really wouldn't be to fussed based on a performance level.

I would be disappointed because he genuinely cares about Liverpool and has given us great service but in terms of performance he has been on a downhill trend for a while now, I don't know if it is possibly injuries catching up with him but he has been weak for a while now.

The feeling with Agger is very much the same as it is with Lucas. Their time at Liverpool has simply come to an end. And it doesn't help Agger that our £18M 24-year-old CB is left-footed.

Sakho needs to be our first choice CB and we need to be looking at a CB who can complement Sakho's abilities as well as possible. If Rodgers thinks that man is Lovren, then so be it. I've never been impressed with Lovren but if Brendan feels he has the tools to form a good partnership with Sakho, then I'm not one to argue against that.

This thing getting ridiculous.

If that's they want' date=' we are stupid to paid that kind of money. He ain't worth half of that to us and £18M is pushing it, because from our point of view (buying club) we already have 2 players that is if not better than Lovren, is on par with him.

We should signed another CB and I believe with BR in charge and his man management skills, he can mold a good, decent player out of an average Joe.

Also think, we missed the trick with Garay. [b']A freaking £6M[/b].

12M, not 6M.

LFC have not gone above £18m for Dejan Lovren I'm told. Saints value him as their best player & won't accept less than £25m

This thing getting ridiculous.

If that's they want, we are stupid to paid that kind of money. He ain't worth half of that to us and £18M is pushing it, because from our point of view (buying club) we already have 2 players that is if not better than Lovren, is on par with him.

We should signed another CB and I believe with BR in charge and his man management skills, he can mold a good, decent player out of an average Joe.

Also think, we missed the trick with Garay. Freaking £6M.

12M' date=' not 6M.[/quote']

Due to third party that fee got complicated. In the end the selling club (Benfica) just got the grand fee of 6M (40%). If they wanted, they could easily ask for more, so they can have 12M for that (40%) instead of 6M.

The point still stand if you want to viewed it as 12M fee, a little compares to 25M Soton demand for Lovren. They can demand all they like, but we would be an idiot to agreed with that price. There is plenty of CB out there.

Due to third party that fee got complicated. In the end the selling club (Benfica) just got the grand fee of 6M (40%). If they wanted' date=' they could easily ask for more, so they can have 12M for that (40%) instead of 6M.

[b']The point still stand if you want to viewed it as 12M fee, a little compares to 25M Soton demand for Lovren. They can demand all they like, but we would be an idiot to agreed with that price. There is plenty of CB out there.[/b]

Like you say, 12M would still be a bargain.