Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

We could get probably get a better deal than that from Spurs' date=' no thanks. £15 million is good value in comparison to Luke Shaw and the £8 million reported fee for Bertrand.[/quote']

Anybody is better value than Bertrand at 8m.

15m for Davies.......Na thanks he aint that hot, much better options for that price or a little extra.

If we ant gunna pay 18m for Moreno why would we spend 15m on Davies, Pocchetino is welcome to him.

TBH a fully fit Jose Enrique would be a better option than a lot of the LB'S we are linked to Bertrand, Davies etc, but we just don't know how he is going to be after such a long time out.

"Unhappy Manchester City FC midfielder Yaya Toure could be set for a move to Liverpool FC' date=' Chelsea Football Club or PSG - Paris Saint-Germain."

lolwut??[/quote']

Slow news day I think.....

Seriously who makes this rubbish up.....

Yaya to Liverpool :P

Mind you at least we would buy him a cake. :)

They looked about as close as you were to sealing Origi. Fees had been discussed I believe.

Was it one of those who tweeted about Spurs' interest in Origi? ;)

Discussed fee' date=' agreed fee and lastly personal terms. We already in final stage regarding Origi and I don't know about Spurs - Ben Davies, but if you say discussed, that's far away from fee being agree and talking about personal terms.

Er, yes. It was James Pearce. I did put his name on the quote box. :)

We'll give you £10.5m and Suso on loan.

Keep Suso, I'm pretty sure they would like to take Aspas from us.

Anybody is better value than Bertrand at 8m.

15m for Davies.......Na thanks he aint that hot' date=' much better options for that price or a little extra.

If we ant gunna pay 18m for Moreno why would we spend 15m on Davies, Pocchetino is welcome to him.

TBH a fully fit Jose Enrique would be a better option than a lot of the LB'S we are linked to Bertrand, Davies etc, but we just don't know how he is going to be after such a long time out.[/quote']

Well Ben Davies is British, home grown and younger than Moreno. Home grown players do have a higher value, and we're going to demand an inflated price due to this.

He's the most promising British left back aside from Shaw, and there's no real home grown alternative to him given that Shaw's gone to United.

There are without a doubt better options at full back for that price, that's why we'd be selling him for that price.

Discussed fee' date=' agreed fee and lastly personal terms. We already in final stage regarding Origi and I don't know about Spurs - Ben Davies, but if you say discussed, that's far away from fee being agree and talking about personal terms.

Er, yes. It was James Pearce. I did put his name on the quote box. :)

Keep Suso, I'm pretty sure they would like to take Aspas from us.[/quote']

No fee has been agreed with Spurs yet.

"There's a lot of speculation about Ben at the moment' date=' as there is with a lot of players at this time of year. There was an initial interest with Tottenham, but there's been noting since.

Gylfi was put to us and he was one of a number of players we've been speaking about."[/quote']

I'd take Aspas, but I doubt Monk would and it seems like he wants to return to Spain.

Warren Haughton ‏@WarrenHaughton 1h

Wilfried Bony representatives in North West talking personal terms with Liverpool ahead of poss move. Swansea want at least £20m. #lfc

Who's Warren Haughton?

TalkSport, and the article is complete rubbish.

Bony won't be going to Liverpool, he doesn't suit you're style of play and you wouldn't pay what we want for him.

TalkSport' date=' and the article is complete rubbish.

Bony won't be going to Liverpool, he doesn't suit you're style of play and you wouldn't pay what we want for him.[/quote']

I heard we were very interested and I heard that a deal around £20m was being muted. (£8m for Davies)

I also heard we are making a bid of £40m for Benzema so I would take it all with a pinch of salt.

Actually make that a shovel of salt.

A big shovel.

In other news:-

* Aspas is off to Sevilla

* Antoine Griezmann has put Liverpool on red alert after indicating he wants to quit Real Sociedad this summer.

* I have a Tuna Salad Sandwich for Lunch

The fact that he uses the three biggest penis heads on the planet which is what the cast of top gear are in a GIF says more than than I ever could....

The sad thing is just like most of his moronic attempts at being a WUM last year (Southampton will finish above us etc) they will all come back to haunt him when they fall short yet again.....

Ooh, Ray's rattled.

Technically, we didn't fall short last year as the goal was to win something. I think you'd agree a squad containing Ozil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Koscielny, Cazorla and Walcott is one that is reasonably exciting.

On a less wummy note i'd like to congratulate you on getting rid of Suarez. He left you with no choice i know but it still takes guts to admit it and shift him aspas....i mean, asap.

Ooh' date=' Ray's rattled.

Technically, we didn't fall short last year as the goal was to win something. I think you'd agree a squad containing Ozil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Koscielny, Cazorla and Walcott is one that is reasonably exciting.

On a less wummy note i'd like to congratulate you on getting rid of Suarez. He left you with no choice i know but it still takes guts to admit it and shift him aspas....i mean, asap.[/quote']

Although I hate having to agree with an Arsenal fan with myself being a Liverpool Fan, I do agree that we have pretty much shot ourselves in the foot in regards to our future ambitions.

We have sold our best player in perhaps the last decade and pretty much blown that money on a 26 year old Southampton play maker and a 20 year old Serbian who has hasn't done anything substantial plying his trade in Portugal.

Congratulations in regards to the Alexis Sanchez signing, but I really do question why we cant compete for top class players in the transfer market.

I might get flamed for this, but I don't really think we can compete for major European and Domestic honors under FSG.

We have the history and a young manager who has exciting ideas, but we seem to miss the most important piece of the puzzle, financial resources to compete with the big guns.

It was the same with Torres and now with Suarez.

We really seem to pin our hopes on one player without investing further to support our star player when we are on the brink of something special. Its just a vicious cycle that keeps on occurring on a regular basis.

It's not about financial resources. Under FSG we were doing fantastic regarding the financial ends, we have seen the club making money through sponsor here and there, cut some losses, clearing the debt, stadium development etc etc.

FSG have been backing Liverpool since day 1, admittedly step by step due to them learning about football - business, but I pretty much prefer them than the like of Hicks and Gillett.

The Sanchez deal is down to Arsenal based in London and it's pretty much well known that it is the only reason why he choose to go there.

We tried to signed him and we have financial support from FSG but in the end it is up to Sanchez and hat off to him because he want to comfort his missus and his family by moving to London.

We have the history and a young manager who has exciting ideas' date=' but we seem to miss the most important piece of the puzzle, financial resources to compete with the big guns.

It was the same with Torres and now with Suarez.

We really seem to pin our hopes on one player without investing further to support our star player when we are on the brink of something special. Its just a vicious cycle that keeps on occurring on a regular basis.[/quote']

You get that Liverpool run at a loss and are essentially like a mini Man City in certain ways? Financial resources are not something a club like Liverpool lack. Be interesting to see what they can do over the next few years now they have a decent manager.

The Sanchez deal is down to Arsenal based in London and it's pretty much well known that it is the only reason why he choose to go there.

We tried to signed him and we have financial support from FSG but in the end it is up to Sanchez and hat off to him because he want to comfort his missus and his family by moving to London.

That's just adorable. He chose the best club is all.

Well looks like you're losing Suarez and have missed out on the next best thing to a rival team for top 4 next season.

But still I'm sure the money you get for him will be well spent on ermmm... this is awkward.

In all seriousness though that's got to be a huge loss for Liverpool to miss out on Sanchez. I can't see Markovic, Lallana etc having anywhere near the same impact he could have.

Ozil is gash, £40,000,000 for him!? He spat the dummy out when the news of Bale was confirmed because he was told he would have to compete with Di Maria for the other spots and knew he was far inferior to the Argentine. Which has been proven by his docile performances last season, infact I will go a step further and say Santi is twice the player of the malnourished German.

It's not about financial resources. Under FSG we were doing fantastic regarding the financial ends' date=' we have seen the club making money through sponsor here and there, cut some losses, clearing the debt, stadium development etc etc.

FSG have been backing Liverpool since day 1, admittedly step by step due to them learning about football - business, but I pretty much prefer them than the like of Hicks and Gillett.

We tried to signed him and we have financial support from FSG but in the end it is up to Sanchez and hat off to him because he want to comfort his missus and his family by moving to London.[/quote']

I respect the fact that FSG are financially prudent owners who will always ensure the club is financially healthy, but I don't really think they have the financial resources to really compete for major European and Domestic honors.

I don't really buy the talk that Alexis rejected us because of London and that Arsenal presents a more favorable location to live.

Both our Manchester counterparts have no problem attracting top talent despite the fact they both reside outside the nation's capital.

Our ambition is far more questionable rather than our location.

We are selling our top player and we are yet to secure a marquee signing that will encourage other players to follow suit.

From a world class player's perspective, moving to Liverpool represents a considerable gamble. Liverpool have finally managed to break in to the top 4 and we are on the verge of selling our best player who contributed with 31 goals and 11 assists in a run to finishing second.

There is no indication we are going to replace Suarez with a star of perhaps similar pedigree that was reminiscent of the Torres/Suarez January 2011 transfer window.

Our club is geared towards players who haven't established themselves at big clubs or are plying their trades at lesser clubs.

My gut feeling is that FSG have the long term intention of selling Liverpool once the club is shaped up to be a far more attractive proposition, with the increased revenue from the UCL, increased sponsorship deals and the completed stadium development.

FSG bought the club with the gamble that FFP will be enforced but I am not yet convinced that FFP will really curb spending across Europe.

It is clear we cant compete in the transfer market and I am afraid this will be to our downfall when we wont be able to depend on a WC player such as Suarez bailing us out and dragging our side across the finish line.