Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Ozil is gash' date=' £40,000,000 for him!? He spat the dummy out when the news of Bale was confirmed because he was told he would have to compete with Di Maria for the other spots and knew he was far inferior to the Argentine. Which has been proven by his docile performances last season, infact I will go a step further and say Santi is twice the player of the malnourished German.[/quote']

Imagine this, youre a world class attacking midfielder and you've been told that youll have to play on the wing or in centre midfield, why would you stay? Its become a common theme that RM have failed to keep several of their players happy in recent years and failed to show them that theyre valued. Khedira and Di Maria might join the list.

Im not debating his price but I think him and Sanchez will work well.

I respect the fact that FSG are financially prudent owners who will always ensure the club is financially healthy' date=' but I don't really think they have the financial resources to really compete for major European and Domestic honors.[/quote']

What do you mean by financial resources? Because I believe what we have been doing right now is the right way to go forward in term of financial bearing in mind we are pro FFP.

I don't really buy the talk that Alexis rejected us because of London and that Arsenal presents a more favorable location to live.

Both our Manchester counterparts have no problem attracting top talent despite the fact they both reside outside the nation's capital.

I highlight the Sanchez deal because it was Arsenal v Liverpool. They have similar ground on us, they have wage structure and one could believe there is no financial talking when compete with Arsenal in transfer market. We have the money for transfer and we certainly can offered the same if not more than what Sanchez have been offered by Arsenal, considering Suarez is gone (Suarez = 75M and 200k/week).

Regarding City or United, that's different because we don't have owner like City that keep pouring money into the club and that is wrong way to do that, and that's why they have been found guilty breaching the FFP.

And as for United, it seems that they have astute financial resources and all but if you bow down to a player and meet their demand (300k/week) and buy players contract to actually signed them, they would not last long and it would cripple them in long run.

And yes, it is about money when it comes to City and United v Liverpool, United especially. But I prefer our own way even if it takes 35M to perfecting and learning it. lol

Our ambition is far more questionable rather than our location.
I don't see anything wrong with our ambition to be honest. The ambition is there, just the approach is different from others club. More British, English, domestic I would like to add.
We are selling our top player and we are yet to secure a marquee signing that will encourage other players to follow suit.

From a world class player's perspective, moving to Liverpool represents a considerable gamble. Liverpool have finally managed to break in to the top 4 and we are on the verge of selling our best player who contributed with 31 goals and 11 assists in a run to finishing second.

There is no indication we are going to replace Suarez with a star of perhaps similar pedigree that was reminiscent of the Torres/Suarez January 2011 transfer window.

Our club is geared towards players who haven't established themselves at big clubs or are plying their trades at lesser clubs.

Even though the transfer windows just open and have a long way to go. I understand your point. And I believe we would not signed any marquee signing considering all the 20-25M players we have been linked.
My gut feeling is that FSG have the long term intention of selling Liverpool once the club is shaped up to be a far more attractive proposition, with the increased revenue from the UCL, increased sponsorship deals and the completed stadium development.

FSG bought the club with the gamble that FFP will be enforced but I am not yet convinced that FFP will really curb spending across Europe.

I don't think they would go all the way with paying our debt, loaning zero interest fund and redevelopment of the stadium and all just to increased it values and sell it later?

Even if you are right, I'd be content with that, considering they are not draining any money from us comparing to other clubs owner and our previous owner.

It is clear we cant compete in the transfer market and I am afraid this will be to our downfall when we wont be able to depend on a WC player such as Suarez bailing us out and dragging our side across the finish line.
Come on, I know you are gutted we missed on Sanchez, but it is not the end of the world.

For all I know, they managed to signed supposed world class player in Ozil, but still we finished better than them; by promoting from within (Flanno, Sterling) and buying unwanted players (Sturridge, Coutinho).

Don't lose any sleep mate.

Mignolet

Johnson – Lovren – Sakho – Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson – Lallana

Markovic – Sturridge – Sterling

Flanagan, Enrique, Wisdom?, Ilori?, Skrtel, Can, Allen, Suso?, Coutinho, Lambert, Ibe? (Origi loaned out).

That's basically the squad we could realistically have after the sales & purchases we're likely to make. That's with an approximate net spend of 0 pounds, maybe even a profit. Add one or two attacking players (Griezmann, Shaqiri, Firmino, Rodrigo Moreno, Lacazette, Volland, Aubameyang, El Shaarawy etc etc, plenty of fish in the sea) to the squad and I like the way it looks.

Some people seem to have short memories because I seem to remember our style of attacking football being one of the main talking points in England during almost the whole season, but now that one player goes we don't have a chance of finishing in the top 4? One of the main things that made our attack so dangerous and efficient was pace. And if anything, we'll have even more of it next season by the looks of it. Sure it doesn't mean that we won't suffer from the loss of Suarez but it means that we'll still be able to play our style.

mb2SdHwrd1E

And if none of this is reassuring you, then consider this: Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho, Henderson, Mignolet & Sakho are all going to be even better next season.

Mignolet

Johnson – Lovren – Sakho – Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson – Lallana

Markovic – Sturridge – Sterling

Flanagan' date=' Enrique, Wisdom?, Ilori?, Skrtel, Can, Allen, Suso?, Coutinho, Lambert, Ibe? (Origi loaned out).

That's basically the squad we could realistically have after the sales & purchases we're likely to make. That's with an approximate net spend of 0 pounds, maybe even a profit. Add one or two attacking players (Griezmann, Shaqiri, Firmino, Rodrigo Moreno, Lacazette, Volland, Aubameyang, El Shaarawy etc etc, plenty of fish in the sea) to the squad and I like the way it looks.

[b']Some people seem to have short memories because I seem to remember our style of attacking football being one of the main talking points in England during almost the whole season, but now that one player goes we don't have a chance of finishing in the top 4? One of the main things that made our attack so dangerous and efficient was pace. And if anything, we'll have even more of it next season by the looks of it. Sure it doesn't mean that we won't suffer from the loss of Suarez but it means that we'll still be able to play our style.

[/b]

mb2SdHwrd1E

And if none of this is reassuring you, then consider this: Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho, Henderson, Mignolet & Sakho are all going to be even better next season.

Hear hear

Its all about our style and formation, buying the right players who fit the mould, not shoehorning in 'big names'...

A load of tosh posts written beforehand. Sanchez doesnt make or break this upcoming season now come on. Im now relishing Wenger turning yet another great in form player in to a average looking one :D

One man dont make a team.

Sturridge to step up and be the main man, he has easily got 30 goals a season in him. Add another like Lacazette or Rodrigo and we are set.

Our problem is at the back, id rather see the money spent on a couple of top class defenders.

I'm not particularly worried about this season. Last season the top sides signed great players and we signed average ones and we wondered how we would get even top 5. Same has happened this summer. We just need Rodgers to get the best out of the team again and we will do well

Huw Jenkins has denied there's been any talks with Liverpool over Bony, and if there has been talks between Liverpool and his agent it's not been authorised.

I really don't think you're even in for him, anyone reliable has yet to confirm that there's actually an interest in him.

And is way to little for us' date=' it's a bad deal for both parties.[/quote']

We don't need him, the idea of having him here doesn't even entertain me.

If we are serious, how much do you suggest he is worth and how much will the transfer fee be?

I don't think 20m is a bad price in the current market. Given his goals scoring record in Holland and now the fact he got 17 League goals last season in a struggling Swansea sides speaks volumes to me. At 25 he is also entering his peak years, does he fit our philosophy? Only BR knows how he wants to play next season but I'd be pleased with the signing. I think he could score a lot of goals with Gerrard, Sturridge, Sterling and co feeding him.

We don't need him' date=' the idea of having him here doesn't even entertain me.

If we are serious, how much do you suggest he is worth and how much will the transfer fee be?[/quote']

You probably do need a striker now that Luis has gone, but you could do a better than Bony for a lot cheaper. I don't think you're style of football will play to his strengths and you've already got that sort of option in Rickie Lambert.

I think he's worth around £20 million or there abouts.

Personally, I would want £35 million to let him go as to be perfectly honest I don't really want to let him go. He's head and shoulders above anything we've ever had in my time watching us, and somebody who I don't think we'll be able to replace as I don't think we can attract a player of his quality in. He's essential in our chances of staying up which is obviously a big deal financially.

It's ridiculous money, which no one in there right minds would pay but it's what he's worth to us in my opinion.

I might get flamed for this' date=' but I don't really think we can compete for major European and Domestic honors under FSG.

We have the history and a young manager who has exciting ideas, but we seem to miss the most important piece of the puzzle, financial resources to compete with the big guns.

It was the same with Torres and now with Suarez.

We really seem to pin our hopes on one player without investing further to support our star player when we are on the brink of something special. Its just a vicious cycle that keeps on occurring on a regular basis.[/quote']

Wait, are you serious? Here are the players you have bought since FSG took over:

2010/11

Suarez - £25m

Carroll - £35m

(Although that was offset by the Torres/Babel sale so a net spend of around -£5m)

2011/12

In:

Henderson - £16m

Adam - £7m

Doni - Free

Downing - £20m

Enrique - £6m

Coates - £7m

Bellamy - Free

Bijev

Ward - £100k

Total: £56million

Out:

Konchesky - £1.5m

Mavinga - £1m

Bruna - £750k

Jovanovic - Free

Ayala - £800k

Insua - Free

Kyrgiakos - Free

Poulsen - £1m

N'Gog - £4m (W.T.F? Got a very good deal there)

Meireles - £12m

Total: £21m

Net Spend: £35m

2012/13

In:

Borini - £10m

Allen - £15m

Assaidi - £2.3m

Yesil - £1m

Sturridge - £12m

Coutinho - £8.5m

Ibe - £500k

Total: £49m

Out:

Kuyt - £1m

Maxi - Undisc

Aquilani - Seen sources go from £3m to £8m so lets just say £5.5m for this.

Bellamy - Free

Adam - £4m

Cole - Free

Total: £10.5m

Net spend: £38.5m

2013/14

In:

Alberto - £6.8m

Aspas - £7m

Toure - Free

Mingolet - £10m

Ilori - £7m

Sakho - £18m

Total: 48.8m

Out:

Carroll - £15.5m

Shelvey - £5m

Downing - £6m

Spearing - £2m

Carragher - Retired

Total: £28.5m

Net Spend: £20.3m

So not including this transfer window Liverpool's net spend since FSG came in is £88.8m to say they haven't invested is ridiculous, it's not their fault the money has been wasted on players like Adam, Carroll, Allen, Downing and Aspas is it?

I don't think 20m is a bad price in the current market. Given his goals scoring record in Holland and now the fact he got 17 League goals last season in a struggling Swansea sides speaks volumes to me. At 25 he is also entering his peak years' date=' does he fit our philosophy? Only BR knows how he wants to play next season but I'd be pleased with the signing. I think he could score a lot of goals with Gerrard, Sturridge, Sterling and co feeding him.[/quote']

Goal scoring records in Holland aren't much to go by.

Besides, Pelle and Finnbogason have achieved the same thing, yet they're relatively going for peanuts. And I would honestly say that they are all-round better players than Bony.

Giroud scored 16 goals, yet most Arsenal fans would be happy to see the back of him.

You probably do need a striker now that Luis has gone' date=' but you could do a better than Bony for a lot cheaper. I don't think you're style of football will play to his strengths and you've already got that sort of option in Rickie Lambert.

I think he's worth around £20 million or there abouts.

Personally, I would want £35 million to let him go as to be perfectly honest I don't really want to let him go. He's head and shoulders above anything we've ever had in my time watching us, and somebody who I don't think we'll be able to replace as I don't think we can attract a player of his quality in. He's essential in our chances of staying up which is obviously a big deal financially.

It's ridiculous money, which no one in there right minds would pay but it's what he's worth to us in my opinion.[/quote']

Yeah, that is too much. I don't think we gonna spend that kind of money for Plan B.

We did indeed need another forward, but it is not him. Still plenty of time to search for Suarez replacement and I expect we will looking for Suarez trait at least.

Suarez is gone. Club released the statement, 75M. Good luck in Spain, Luis. Thanks for all the memories and hope one day you returned back to Anfield. Best player we have to ever graced the EPL imo.

Not gunna lie I am gutted :(

Liverpool will be poorer without him, the Premier League has just lost by far and away the best player in the League it will be a poorer place, visiting Anfield and seeing his genius was magical the last few years but alas all things must come to an end eventually.

The only good thing is the fee of 75M we have got maximum amount and fair play to the owners who were never gunna be rattled into selling on the cheap for some of the farcical "damaged goods" nonsense spouted by the likes of Ben, Stu and some others

When your ready lads you can admit I and the other Liverpool fans was right with regards what the fee would be ;)

Although on the other hand you may well have the last laugh as rival club fans as we are weaker no disputing that. :(

Third best player in the world will never be damaged goods, there is always a market for Genius.

Sad to see you go Luis, YNWA

The only good thing is the fee of 75M we have got maximum amount and fair play to the owners who were never gunna be rattled into selling on the cheap for some of the farcical "damaged goods" nonsense spouted by the likes of Ben' date=' Stu and some others.[/quote']

Assuming I'm the Ben in question (:P), I'll hold my hands up and say fair play to your owners for getting that much for him. I didn't think it would be possible in all honesty.

I'm sure he'll do great for Barcelona. Let's just hope he hasn't left any of his baggage at the airport ;):D