Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

€82 million for Suarez with the sale having been agreed last friday.

Looks like that was the case with the price being reported as £64 million. Fourth most expensive player behind Neymar, Bale and Ronaldo. Not a bad amount considering his problems and ban.

Not gunna lie I am gutted :(

Liverpool will be poorer without him' date=' the Premier League has just lost by far and away the best player in the League it will be a poorer place, visiting Anfield and seeing his genius was magical the last few years but alas all things must come to an end eventually.

The only good thing is the fee of 75M we have got maximum amount and fair play to the owners who were never gunna be rattled into selling on the cheap for some of the farcical "damaged goods" nonsense spouted by the likes of Ben, Stu and some others

When your ready lads you can admit I and the other Liverpool fans was right with regards what the fee would be ;)

Although on the other hand you may well have the last laugh as rival club fans as we are weaker no disputing that. :(

Third best player in the world will never be damaged goods, there is always a market for Genius.

Sad to see you go Luis, YNWA[/quote']

A huge loss to Liverpool and the premier league as you'll not see a player that good in a Liverpool shirt for a long time now.

The fee is reported as £64.3m from Sky Sports which does reflect slightly lowered valuation (by about £10m if you're realistic or £25m if you're Brendan Rodgers but it depends what sources you look at.

If it does turn out to be £75m then I'll hold my hands up and say well done to Liverpool for selling their best player for what he's worth in the current market but at £64m I'm afraid I'd have to say it's a damaged goods price but one that Liverpool would not hesitate to bite Barcelona's hand of for before Suarez does it for them.

I do feel a little sorry for Liverpool fans though losing because Ronaldo was a big loss and made United a lot less fun to watch the next season and I'd say Suarez is the same kind of player (in terms of entertainment).

The only good thing is the fee of 75M we have got maximum amount and fair play to the owners who were never gunna be rattled into selling on the cheap for some of the farcical "damaged goods" nonsense spouted by the likes of Ben' date=' Stu and some others [/quote']

"Haha, we've sold our best player! Take that Ben and Stu!"

It's a good fee but the key is what you do with it. Spurs took a world record amount for Bale and fluffed it.

A huge loss to Liverpool and the premier league as you'll not see a player that good in a Liverpool shirt for a long time now.

The fee is reported as £64.3m from Sky Sports which does reflect slightly lowered valuation (by about £10m if you're realistic or £25m if you're Brendan Rodgers but it depends what sources you look at.

If it does turn out to be £75m then I'll hold my hands up and say well done to Liverpool for selling their best player for what he's worth in the current market but at £64m I'm afraid I'd have to say it's a damaged goods price but one that Liverpool would not hesitate to bite Barcelona's hand of for before Suarez does it for them.

I do feel a little sorry for Liverpool fans though losing because Ronaldo was a big loss and made United a lot less fun to watch the next season and I'd say Suarez is the same kind of player (in terms of entertainment).

heh

//////////////////

Why is Suarez transfer a big deal? I said that he would go during the end of the season

I thought Suarez would join Madrid and for nearer 100mil but I guess Real Madrid looking at others and Suarez has bite his price tag down

Fee is reported as £64.3m from Sky Sports, Knowing Barcelona they are avoiding taxes again, Still think its wrong that Barcelona transfer ban was overturned atm

Liverpool wont be the same

Why is Suarez transfer a big deal? I said that he would go during the end of the season

I thought Suarez would join Madrid and for nearer 100mil but I guess Real Madrid looking at others and Suarez has bite his price tag down

Fee is reported as £64.3m from Sky Sports' date=' Knowing Barcelona they are avoiding taxes again, Still think its wrong that Barcelona transfer ban was overturned atm

Liverpool wont be the same[/quote']

when they Say Sky what they mean is Guillem Balague' date=' every other source in almost the world has the fee at 75m including those closest to the club so I would rather believe the hundreds of sources involving many more reliable ones than Guillem Balague.

Either which way, it is a huge loss forget the effect on the team, the sheer joy of watching the guy live is something I will never see again (at least in a Liverpool shirt at Anfield, who knows may draw Barca in the Champions League)

"Haha, we've sold our best player! Take that Ben and Stu!"

It's a good fee but the key is what you do with it. Spurs took a world record amount for Bale and fluffed it.

Stu please try to use quotes I made rather than a made up one, don't do anything really for a conversation.

Already said I am gutted, makes us weaker etc but at least we got a fee which is his market worth and with the current problems he encounters with the ban etc credit to the board, Ian Ayre for maximising what we could.

Liverpool is bigger than any one player and we will be fine, the same thing was said when some of our other top strikers have left in the past and we have found a "new hero" it is the nature of football we have to move on and we will, but we won't forget what a privilege it has been to see one of the greatest talents in my lifetime wearing, playing, excelling in a Liverpool shirt.

Plus when you say Spurs fluffed it universally nearly everybody said they had done brilliant business, I always said it would not work for reasons we have gone through before but I think Rodgers has a philosophy and a set type of player he wants, we know what we are looking for, of course saying and doing are two different things but we have an idea, Spurs just purchased with absolutely no planning and no thought.

Theres not been a player in the epl since t.henry that made we want to watch him time and time again. Huge loss to the epl fans than it is liverpool supporters. I won't see him again except sky sports news highlights or cl as i wouldn't subscribe to that rubbish la liga channel. They do also have the dutch league now as well but still not enough to draw me in when bt has italy germany france england scotland brazil american leagues.

Theres not been a player in the epl since t.henry that made we want to watch him time and time again. Huge loss to the epl fans than it is liverpool supporters. I won't see him again except sky sports news highlights or cl as i wouldn't subscribe to that rubbish la liga channel. They do also have the dutch league now as well but still not enough to draw me in when bt has italy germany france england scotland brazil american leagues.

*cough* *Ronaldo* *cough*

sore throat ronaldo doesnt compare to thierry henry epl goal wise not even close go home your clearly drunk (again)

One Ballon D'Or and one Champions League would strongly disagree.

Besides' date=' when is the last time you've seen a [b']WINGER[/b] score that many goals? (Not to forget his assists too).

Besides' date=' when is the last time you've seen a [b']WINGER[/b] score that many goals? (Not to forget his assists too).

The point wasn't who was better, it's who was more watchable.

Theres not been a player in the epl since t.henry that made we want to watch him time and time again.

Ronaldo has an excellent record but I'd definitely say players like Henry, Bergkamp and Zola were more watchable. They did what they did with style.

he could score a thousand goals like he did in the epl (like he did meaning stunners not goal count) and never touch t.henry simple fact t.henry is a god amongst humans in the great goals category compared to ronaldo and i'm saying that as a person who has since his madrid days always rated cr7 higher than messi as a more complete player.

The point wasn't who was better' date=' it's who was more watchable.

Ronaldo has an excellent record but I'd definitely say players like Henry, Bergkamp and Zola were more watchable. They did what they did with style.[/quote']

sore throat ronaldo doesnt compare to thierry henry epl goal wise not even close go home your clearly drunk (again)

Wasn't me to bring that up though.

he could score a thousand goals like he did in the epl (like he did meaning stunners not goal count) and never touch t.henry simple fact t.henry is a god amongst humans in the great goals category compared to ronaldo and i'm saying that as a person who has since his madrid days always rated cr7 higher than messi as a more complete player.

One word, delusional.

Time to remove your head out of Henry's backside mate.

One word' date=' delusional.

Time to remove your head out of Henry's backside mate.[/quote']

don't you support juve or chelsea or something you wouldn't know a great goal since pogba's volley or a del piero fk. henry is the best player in epl history like it or not.

"Haha' date=' we've sold our best player! Take that Ben and Stu!"

It's a good fee but the key is what you do with it. Spurs took a world record amount for Bale and fluffed it.[/quote']

My sentiments exactly.

when they Say Sky what they mean is Guillem Balague' date=' every other source in almost the world has the fee at 75m including those closest to the club so I would rather believe the hundreds of sources involving many more reliable ones than Guillem Balague.

Either which way, it is a huge loss forget the effect on the team, the sheer joy of watching the guy live is something I will never see again (at least in a Liverpool shirt at Anfield, who knows may draw Barca in the Champions League)

Stu please try to use quotes I made rather than a made up one, don't do anything really for a conversation.

Already said I am gutted, makes us weaker etc but at least we got a fee which is his market worth and with the current problems he encounters with the ban etc credit to the board, Ian Ayre for maximising what we could.

Liverpool is bigger than any one player and we will be fine, the same thing was said when some of our other top strikers have left in the past and we have found a "new hero" it is the nature of football we have to move on and we will, but we won't forget what a privilege it has been to see one of the greatest talents in my lifetime wearing, playing, excelling in a Liverpool shirt.

Plus when you say Spurs fluffed it universally nearly everybody said they had done brilliant business, I always said it would not work for reasons we have gone through before but I think Rodgers has a philosophy and a set type of player he wants, we know what we are looking for, of course saying and doing are two different things but we have an idea, Spurs just purchased with absolutely no planning and no thought.[/quote']

When it's official at £75m I'll congratulate you once again on selling your best player for a decent fee.

I must admit Ray you're taking the news quite well which is good to see but I'll be incredibly surprised (given how influential Suarez was) if Rodgers can do the same with Liverpool next season especially with more games in the champion's league and Sturridge not being renowned for his fitness.

I don't see where you'll get the goals needed to get top 4 again especially with Arsenal bagging Sanchez, Chelsea strengthening, Man City etc as Suarez was the one weapon you had capable of damaging any side at any time which IMO you just don't have now.

The key thing is what Liverpool now do with that money and currently Lallana and reportedly Markovic do not both seem to be solving any key first team problems from last season (replacing Suarez is going to be tough) though they are adding depth which I believe will help you with the added games.

The Spurs example is a valid one because it is easy for a slightly lower level club (in terms of current prestige) to get carried away by suddenly having the funds to get in many players so Liverpool need to be incredibly careful not to let that kind of money vanish.

It's a bit insensitive to talk about great players in this thread.

You keep saying things that make me want to rep you but SM won't let me.

:eek: