Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

My sentiments exactly.

When it's official at £75m I'll congratulate you once again on selling your best player for a decent fee.

I must admit Ray you're taking the news quite well which is good to see but I'll be incredibly surprised (given how influential Suarez was) if Rodgers can do the same with Liverpool next season especially with more games in the champion's league and Sturridge not being renowned for his fitness.

I don't see where you'll get the goals needed to get top 4 again especially with Arsenal bagging Sanchez' date=' Chelsea strengthening, Man City etc as Suarez was the one weapon you had capable of damaging any side at any time which IMO you just don't have now.

The key thing is what Liverpool now do with that money and currently Lallana and reportedly Markovic do not both seem to be solving any key first team problems from last season (replacing Suarez is going to be tough) though they are adding depth which I believe will help you with the added games.

The Spurs example is a valid one because it is easy for a slightly lower level club (in terms of current prestige) to get carried away by suddenly having the funds to get in many players so Liverpool need to be incredibly careful not to let that kind of money vanish.

You keep saying things that make me want to rep you but SM won't let me.

:eek:[/quote']

yep 90% dumbass but when he hits it he hits it like dang gurl them my new weezys.

One Ballon D'Or and one Champions League would strongly disagree.

Besides' date=' when is the last time you've seen a [b']WINGER[/b] score that many goals? (Not to forget his assists too).

When people mention Ballon D'Or as a benchmark for proving a players quality

:o

Henry was on another level

Happily pay to watch players like Suarez, Zola, Henry, Bergkamp all day long...some of the greatest players to watch in the EPL

Cristiano Ronaldo just no.

I would also like to put my favourite players (not mentioned above) who were extremely gifted and entertaining' date=' but it would be a wee bit off topic to put them here. They are in the EPL thread. :)

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=2951641#post2951641[/url]

As soon as I seen this I instantly thought Le Tisser.

When it's official at £75m I'll congratulate you once again on selling your best player for a decent fee.

I must admit Ray you're taking the news quite well which is good to see but I'll be incredibly surprised (given how influential Suarez was) if Rodgers can do the same with Liverpool next season especially with more games in the champion's league and Sturridge not being renowned for his fitness.

I don't see where you'll get the goals needed to get top 4 again especially with Arsenal bagging Sanchez' date=' Chelsea strengthening, Man City etc as Suarez was the one weapon you had capable of damaging any side at any time which IMO you just don't have now.

The key thing is what Liverpool now do with that money and currently Lallana and reportedly Markovic do not both seem to be solving any key first team problems from last season (replacing Suarez is going to be tough) though they are adding depth which I believe will help you with the added games.

The Spurs example is a valid one because it is easy for a slightly lower level club (in terms of current prestige) to get carried away by suddenly having the funds to get in many players so Liverpool need to be incredibly careful not to let that kind of money vanish[/quote']

Sky Sports reporting the fee at 75m as well now after correcting there mistake ;);)

Damaged goods my behind :)

Anyhow don't matter how I take it does it Benny?? Won't change the fact that he is gone, so you either wallow in self pity or try to look forward and in those scenarios there is only one course of action you can take.

The difference between us and Spurs is that Spurs just went out like a kid in a toy shop buying anything without any foresight or planning about what they were trying to achieve. They just bought random toys and hoped they would all fit together, none of them with PL experience and hoped for the best.

I am pretty certain we won't do that, Brendon will look for players who fit his style and philosophy and buy upon that premise the club and the manager has a vision and will plan accordingly. We buy young talented players with pace, versatility and intelligence. in the main and then Brendon moulds them and makes them into top players, look at what he has done for the likes of Henderson, Flanagan, Sterling etc.

People from other clubs write us off every season it aint unusual and whilst I don't expect us to win the League I would expect us to be in the shake up for Champions League football again.

Sky Sports reporting the fee at 75m as well now after correcting there mistake ;);)

Anyhow don't matter how I take it does it Benny?? Won't change the fact that he is gone' date=' so you either wallow in self pity or try to look forward and in those scenarios there is only one course of action you can take.

[b']The difference between us and Spurs[/b] is that Spurs just went out like a kid in a toy shop buying anything without any foresight or planning about what they were trying to achieve. They just bought random toys and hoped they would all fit together, none of them with PL experience and hoped for the best.

I am pretty certain we won't do that, Brendon will look for players who fit his style and philosophy and buy upon that premise the club and the manager has a vision and will plan accordingly. We buy young talented players with pace, versatility and intelligence. in the main and then Brendon moulds them and makes them into top players, look at what he has done for the likes of Henderson, Flanagan, Sterling etc.

People from other clubs write us off every season it aint unusual and whilst I don't expect us to win the League I would expect us to be in the shake up for Champions League football again.

Also worth noting that Spurs had a worse squad than us and finished 5th with Bale. Comparisons with Spurs are just lazy and wishful thinking from rival fans.

Anyhow don't matter how I take it does it Benny?? Won't change the fact that he is gone' date=' so you either wallow in self pity or try to look forward and in those scenarios there is only one course of action you can take.

The difference between us and Spurs is that Spurs just went out like a kid in a toy shop buying anything without any foresight or planning about what they were trying to achieve. They just bought random toys and hoped they would all fit together, none of them with PL experience and hoped for the best.

People from other clubs write us off every season it aint unusual and whilst I don't expect us to win the League I would expect us to be in the shake up for Champions League football again.[/quote']

It's official congratulations Liverpool on selling your best player for a fair fee!

I expect you to be in the fight for top 4 but losing Suarez will be a huge loss. Some of you feel he is in the top 3 players in the world and you don't lose somebody that good without feeling any effect from it.

Rodgers is a fantastic manager and has done a terrific job so far at Liverpool but with other clubs getting much stronger this season Liverpool have taken a huge backwards step by selling Suarez and it could be enough to put them into Europa League territory unless they buy somebody extremely talented.

Pace is always a good asset to have in any side but players like Markovic are unproven and it's always a risk.

I'd be interested to see how people think you'll line up without Suarez though?

It's official congratulations Liverpool on selling your best player for a fair fee!

I expect you to be in the fight for top 4 but losing Suarez will be a huge loss. Some of you feel he is in the top 3 players in the world and you don't lose somebody that good without feeling any effect from it.

Rodgers is a fantastic manager and has done a terrific job so far at Liverpool but with other clubs getting much stronger this season Liverpool have taken a huge backwards step by selling Suarez and it could be enough to put them into Europa League territory unless they buy somebody extremely talented.

Pace is always a good asset to have in any side but players like Markovic are unproven and it's always a risk.

I'd be interested to see how people think you'll line up without Suarez though?

Step backwards?

He would of missed dozen or so games which could of derailed our season anyhow and had no preseason training.

Sterling - Sturridge - Markovic (possibly - was snapped at Lisbon Airport this morning)

Also worth noting that Spurs had a worse squad than us and finished 5th with Bale. Comparisons with Spurs are just lazy and wishful thinking from rival fans.

Plus, it wasn't Spurs manager that bought all those players. The club bought the players and hope the manager can make it worked, even though the players wasn't in his shortlist. That is the main problem on why Spurs failed, if you asked me.

Plus' date=' it wasn't Spurs manager that bought all those players. The club bought the players and hope the manager can make it worked, even though the players wasn't in his shortlist. [b']That is the main problem on why Spurs failed[/b], if you asked me.

It's actually Spurs DNA hth

Seems the rumours about Benzema are true and the interest is very strong. I think he would be a good fit with players like Coutinho' date=' Sterling and Lallana feeding him as well as working off Sturridge.[/quote']

I was just using the links as something to throw back at my Arsenal mates but if it actually turns out to be true:eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Seems the rumours about Benzema are true and the interest is very strong. I think he would be a good fit with players like Coutinho' date=' Sterling and Lallana feeding him as well as working off Sturridge.[/quote']

Not sure how Benzema can leave Madrid as they are also set to sell Morata. The only way it can happen if Madrid actually plan to buy Falcao. Benzema actually should create decent partnership with Sturridge. Benzema has shown with France he's comfortable enough to play as playmaking striker who play behind main striker if Giroud play

To be honest though I can't imagine Benzema will have any interest of coming unless Falcao actually joins. Don't think it will end up happening because as Gozzy said they have already sold Morata' date=' and right now correct me if I'm wrong but they only have one striker.[/quote']

Ancelotti seems happy enough to have Jese as 2nd striker. Morata is 3rd choice last season,only getting more gametime after Jese injured so if Falcao actually join Madrid,Benzema leave could happen

At my in laws for Sunday dinner with her uncle who works at Southampton as a youth coach.

He's just got a text from a colleague saying Lovren's gone. Didn't say to who but just that he's leaving. He said it's more than likely you as no one else has registered interest

At my in laws for Sunday dinner with her uncle who works at Southampton as a youth coach.

He's just got a text from a colleague saying Lovren's gone. Didn't say to who but just that he's leaving. He said it's more than likely you as no one else has registered interest

Lovren has gone........... gone to join the rest of the Southampton players in Belgium for pre season tour

;2951774']Step backwards?

He would of missed dozen or so games which could of derailed our season anyhow and had no preseason training.

Sterling - Sturridge - Markovic (possibly - was snapped at Lisbon Airport this morning)

Yes huge step backwards my god I hope you're trolling!

How can losing arguably the 3rd best player in the world not be a huge step backwards? He was the best player in the PL last season scored a large amount of your goals and you're going to replace him with Markovic?

Anyone who doesn't think that is a huge step backwards is simply delusional!

That front 3 has lots of pace but it's still far short of being the same standard as last year.

I can't see how Benzema would fit into your system. He's a no9 and you wouldn't want to usurp Sturridge after the season he had. Bringing in Benzema likely means a change in formation to 2 up top or playing one of them out of position.

Can't see Madrid wanting to sell him off either as he's had a good season and built a good rapport with Ronaldo and Bale IMO.

To be honest though I can't imagine Benzema will have any interest of coming unless Falcao actually joins. Don't think it will end up happening because as Gozzy said they have already sold Morata' date=' and right now correct me if I'm wrong but they only have one striker.[/quote']

They have Jese as well who they have a lot of faith in, although you can debate whether he qualifies as a striker.

Agree with what you say they wouldn't even entertain selling him unless they got in Falcao and TBH I really can't see Benzema going from Madrid to Liverpool, makes no sense.

He will still play a major role at Madrid whether Falcao,Rodriguez is there or not.

I can't see how Benzema would fit into your system. He's a no9 and you wouldn't want to usurp Sturridge after the season he had. Bringing in Benzema likely means a change in formation to 2 up top or playing one of them out of position.

Can't see Madrid wanting to sell him off either as he's had a good season and built a good rapport with Ronaldo and Bale IMO.

I don't support Liverpool, far from it. Also just that the rumours are true that they have a strong interest not that they will buy him.

He has shown he can play as part of a front three with Giroud and Griezmann so i don't see how it would be much different to how Liverpool played with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling up top. In fact he is probably a better fit than most forwards out there in that he could slot into Suarez position quite easily.