Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

The price is €25M which converts to £19.8M. Great job by the club to pull that off and the price actually doesn't seem that big at all when you consider the asking prices of young players like him. I'm sure Benfica wouldn't have sold him for that price if he hadn't had that release clause.

With all the rumours that Chelsea were after him quite a long time, I'm glad they ended up with Salah and us with Markovic and not the other way around.

The price is €25M which converts to £19.8M. Great job by the club to pull that off and the price actually doesn't seem that big at all when you consider the asking prices of young players like him. I'm sure Benfica wouldn't have sold him for that price if he hadn't had that release clause.

With all the rumours that Chelsea were after him quite a long time' date=' I'm glad they ended up with Salah and us with Markovic and not the other way around.[/quote']

Chelsea basically owned a good portion of him and had a clause meaning they could buy him. Would lead me to believe Chelsea did not want him.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Benfica owned 50% of his player rights and Zahavi the other 50% of that or something like that. Liverpool have to buy 100% of him or none at all.

Whatever Liverpool *has to do* i dont know. Fact is that so far as we know right now, Liverpool will own the 50% of the player's right. That is the real information.

In my opinion 25m for that player is way too much risk. Not a bad deal to get just the 50% and have him playing in the club and get the 50% of a future sell.

Lazar, looks like a decent signing. Excited to see him in the shirt, he looks like the love child of Hugh Grant and Roger Federer whilst also having a touch of the Patrik Berger's about him.

In other news.....

Heard the rumour that AC Milan have "offered" us Balotelli for £16m?

If he's supposed to be an echo to Luis Suarez I think its fair to say he would bring all of the hassle without all of the talent.

I hope we avoid him at our peril.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Whatever Liverpool *has to do* i dont know. Fact is that so far as we know right now' date=' Liverpool will own the 50% of the player's right. That is the real information.

In my opinion 25m for that player is way too much risk. Not a bad deal to get just the 50% and have him playing in the club and get the 50% of a future sell.[/quote']

As far as you know Benfica half sold all of their claim in the player. As far as Liverpool signing him they have to buy 100% of him to even be able to get him to play.

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Lazar' date=' looks like a decent signing. Excited to see him in the shirt, he looks like the love child of Hugh Grant and Roger Federer whilst also having a touch of the Patrik Berger's about him.

In other news.....

Heard the rumour that AC Milan have "offered" us Balotelli for £16m?

If he's supposed to be an echo to Luis Suarez I think its fair to say he would bring all of the hassle without all of the talent.

I hope we avoid him at our peril.[/quote']

While it would be a cheap signing, last season Liverpool proved to have a solid group and does not worth the risk to have such trouble maker despite his talent.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

As far as you know Benfica half sold all of their claim in the player. As far as Liverpool signing him they have to buy 100% of him to even be able to get him to play.

Then how did Markovic played for Benfica if they only owned the 50%? :rolleyes:

If the other owner of the 50% agrees for the player to play in Liverpool there will be no major problem. In the case both parts do not agree, i dont know how the issue gets solved, but doubt its something complicated and will directly involve the player's desire.

Its very common to have players with part of his rights owned by othe teams or by investor groups.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Th

If the other owner of the 50% agrees for the player to play in Liverpool there will be no major problem. In the case both parts do not agree' date=' i dont know how the issue gets solved, but doubt its something complicated and will directly involve the player's desire.

Its very common to have players with part of his rights owned by othe teams or by investor groups.[/quote']

The law in England is different to other countries. Trust me. Unless Liverpool own 100% he cannot register for them. This is absolutely a fact.

It's very common in South America and certain European countries, it cannot happen in England.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Th

If the other owner of the 50% agrees for the player to play in Liverpool there will be no major problem. In the case both parts do not agree' date=' i dont know how the issue gets solved, but doubt its something complicated and will directly involve the player's desire.

Its very common to have players with part of his rights owned by othe teams or by investor groups.[/quote']

Premier League doesn't allow co-ownership or owning part of a player

Just to clarify, Liverpool paid 25M € (~20M £) and will own the 100% of the player's right !

Benfica had only 50% of the player's right, so he will only receive half that amount, the remaining amount goes to the Pini Zahavi who had the remaining 50%.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Official L

The law in England is different to other countries. Trust me. Unless Liverpool own 100% he cannot register for them. This is absolutely a fact.

It's very common in South America and certain European countries' date=' it cannot happen in England.[/quote']

If that is true, then clearly Liverpool already has a deal to buy the other 50% to whoever owns it.

I wonder what would happen if Liverpool gets the player as a loaned player owning the 50% or having a third party owning its rights cause that is sort of weird law...

Dont know which countries do not allow that, i know Spain allows it for example.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Offici

If that is true' date=' then clearly Liverpool already has a deal to buy the other 50% to whoever owns it.

I wonder what would happen if Liverpool gets the player as a loaned player owning the 50% or having a third party owning its rights cause that is sort of weird law...

Dont know which countries do not allow that, i know Spain allows it for example.[/quote']

They have bought all of the player. I have told you that. They can buy 100% or not buy at all.

Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Just to clarify' date=' [b']Liverpool paid 25M € (~20M £) and will own the 100% of the player's right[/b] !

Benfica had only 50% of the player's right, so he will only receive half that amount, the remaining amount goes to the Pini Zahavi who had the remaining 50%.

I see then. Thanks for clarifying! :)

It's very common in South America and certain European countries' date=' it cannot happen in England.[/quote']

Premier League doesn't allow co-ownership or owning part of a player

I already knew about that law, and in my opinion its one of the best laws in football business, those 3rd parties and co-ownership deals are shady as hell.

At least in Portugal, the deals that involve those teams are all about money laundry and filling the pockets of corrupt club administrators and players agents.

I already knew about that law' date=' and in my opinion its one of the best laws in football business, those 3rd parties and co-ownership deals are shady as hell.

At least in Portugal, the deals that involve those teams are all about money laundry and filling the pockets of corrupt club administrators and players agents.[/quote']

Yeah they're awful in South America and I don't think the one's in Spain are a great deal better. From what I remember reading when Falcao went to Monaco Atlético Madrid barely saw a penny.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Whatever Liverpool *has to do* i dont know. Fact is that so far as we know right now' date=' Liverpool will own the 50% of the player's right. That is the real information.

In my opinion 25m for that player is way too much risk. Not a bad deal to get just the 50% and have him playing in the club and get the 50% of a future sell.[/quote']

no liverpool own 100% now. He was half owned by Benfica, half by Zahavi/ business group

shared ownership is not allowed in England.

*should of read the whole thread first though... just clarifying :P