Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Daniel Sturridge.

On Suarez leaving:-

"People have to step up. When stars leave, a new star can be born, as they say. There are a lot of players that can take that mantle, but it is a team game, regardless of whether there are star players within that team. It’s not about one person, it’s about the team."

On Raheem Sterling:-

"Me and Raheem are very close, to me, he's my little brother and I look after him and try to help him as a footballer and as a person. I didn't have anyone take me under their wing when I was his age, so it is important now that I understand my role, which is the big brother role. I guide him where I can, and that's as important as being his friend and his team-mate. It's going to be great. Raheem is a great player. He's young, but he's got a lot of talent, and talent that sometimes people don't get to see as well. He's young and he is still improving. He's already improved so much, which I am happy about, and he will continue to do that."

Possibly too early to predict, but how do you think you'll line up against Preston on Saturday? Last year you used the likes of Sterling, Coutinho and Agger, as well as Mignolet, who was a new signing at the time, so hopefully that's an indication that you'll play a few of your first team from last season as well as new signings. I read that Lambert is out of tonight's game as well as ours, but I know no more than that.

Possibly too early to predict' date=' but how do you think you'll line up against Preston on Saturday? Last year you used the likes of Sterling, Coutinho and Agger, as well as Mignolet, who was a new signing at the time, so hopefully that's an indication that you'll play a few of your first team from last season as well as new signings. I read that Lambert is out of tonight's game as well as ours, but I know no more than that.[/quote']

Liverpool wont include any World Cup Players so I'd imagine it will be something like this:

Brad Jones

Martin Kelly

Dan Agger

Tiago Ilori (or Skrtel)

Jose Enrique (for one half)

Lucas Leiva

Emre Can

Joe Allen

Phillipe Coutinho

Jordan Ibe

Suso

Five of those players are first teamers who didnt play at the World Cup, and I've left out Flanagan who was on the standby list.

Liverpool wont include any World Cup Players so I'd imagine it will be something like this:

Brad Jones

Martin Kelly

Dan Agger

Tiago Ilori (or Skrtel)

Jose Enrique (for one half)

Lucas Leiva

Emre Can

Joe Allen

Phillipe Coutinho

Jordan Ibe

Suso

Five of those players are first teamers who didnt play at the World Cup' date=' and I've left out Flanagan who was on the standby list.[/quote']

Ah, fair enough. There's some good players in there still. It was great to watch Coutinho last time so I'll be looking out for him! Thanks.

Just a shame Liverpool are going to get thumped 10-0 :)

Ah' date=' fair enough. There's some good players in there still. It was great to watch Coutinho last time so I'll be looking out for him! Thanks.

Just a shame Liverpool are going to get thumped 10-0 :)[/quote']

Heres the team facing Brondby:

Jones, Kelly, Ilori, Agger, Brad Smith, Lucas, Rossiter, Coutinho, Suso, Borini, Teixeira.

With subs of:

Ward, Allen, Ibe, Coady, Skrtel, Flanagan, Adorjan, Wisdom, Lloyd Jones, Peterson, Stewart, Phillips.

Not quite sure why the percentages for Ben Davies are so high' date=' we'd only be interested in selling at the right price and you all seem to be overlooking that Spurs are possibly keener on signing him than you are.[/quote']Guardian reporting we offered £8m last night, and you want £12m. Probably meet half way at £10m. Cheaper than Moreno, and a good little player.

Guardian reporting we offered £8m last night' date=' and you want £12m. Probably meet half way at £10m. Cheaper than Moreno, and a good little player.[/quote']

The Telegraph are reporting that we've agreed £10 million with Spurs, and that Davies will be withdrawn from the squad for tonight's friendly with Chivas. I guess we'll find out tonight whether that report is reliable.

£10-12 million is probably about what he's worth but I'd be disappointed if we sold him for what he's worth that given that both yourselves and Spurs are in for him.

Seems we have agreed a £3.5-4 million up front payment for Assaidi with a potential final payment of £7 million.

Happy for him to come to us as i think he would do well at a smaller club like us but £7 million is too much if it ever gets to that. £4 million is much more acceptable.

Seems we have agreed a £3.5-4 million up front payment for Assaidi with a potential final payment of £7 million.

Happy for him to come to us as i think he would do well at a smaller club like us but £7 million is too much if it ever gets to that. £4 million is much more acceptable.

I believe at £7M it's daylight robbery. We paid £2.5-3M for that guy back then.

Can't see him competing with any of our players. He seems good playing for your club tho.

How about Suso' date=' anyone thinks he will get a place in the squad?[/quote']

He is one of the bright player we have in our youth setup, but with the signing of Luis Alberto, Adam Lallana and the fact Rodgers sent him on loan last season (that's not good, given track record of player going out on loan for Liverpool), I'd say slim chances and maybe restricted to cup games if he still at the club once the windows close.

Well surely if it ever does get to that sort of a fee then he'll proved to be worth that money.

It's a good deal for both clubs.

Well surely if it ever does get to that sort of a fee then he'll proved to be worth that money.

It's a good deal for both clubs.

It could be any sort of clause though' date=' like games played. Which doesn't necessarily mean he has been worth £7 million. I would rather us pay £4-5 million out right for him, at most he had a good 3 months with us.

I believe at £7M it's daylight robbery. We paid £2.5-3M for that guy back then.

Can't see him competing with any of our players. He seems good playing for your club tho.

Day light robbery?! I really do question what sort of planet you live on some times.

You paid £2.4 or £2.5 million for him. Getting £7 million for him would be outstanding for you!

Day light robbery?! I really do question what sort of planet you live on some times.

You paid £2.4 or £2.5 million for him. Getting £7 million for him would be outstanding for you!

I think he means we're robbing you, and not the other way round.

Aspas strategically going on loan to Sevilla so talks for Moreno can progress again?

Well Moreno is better than Davies. However I don't think neither are enough of a jump up of what Liverpool have to make a real difference. Ricardo Rodriguez is where it's at, blow all your money on that fella. Although being a fullback £15million tops, just not that an important a position compared to others.

Well Moreno is better than Davies. However I don't think neither are enough of a jump up of what Liverpool have to make a real difference. Ricardo Rodriguez is where it's at' date=' blow all your money on that fella. Although being a fullback £15million tops, just not that an important a position compared to others.[/quote']

I'd pay up to 20 tbh, he's quality. Don't think we are even interested though however

Liverpool step up their interest in Micah Richards.

According to the Express, Brendan Rodgers is keen on the 26-year-old but faces competition from Newcastle who will/have offer/offered him a CB role as they are light there (and have Janmatt at RB)

Although we already have Kelly, so the long term injured at RB spot is covered - do we really need another?

Yes. Yes we do. I personally like Richards, but no doubt he is a "will he / wont he snap" gamble, but if the price is right then a gamble worth taking in my eyes.

According to Sevilla newspaper ABC, Liverpool will make one final move for Moreno in the coming days and hope to finally be able to get the Spain international.

Well Moreno is better than Davies. However I don't think neither are enough of a jump up of what Liverpool have to make a real difference. Ricardo Rodriguez is where it's at' date=' blow all your money on that fella. Although being a fullback £15million tops, just not that an important a position compared to others.[/quote']

Well they aren't going to get Ricardo Rodriguez for that sort of money, Wolfsburg are wealthy and he's there main talent. Hence their interest in Moreno and Davies.

Reports that we've accepted £10 million and that Davies was heading home from our tour to join Tottenham are false, since then he's played 45 minutes for us against Chivas Guadalajara.

Well they aren't going to get Ricardo Rodriguez for that sort of money' date=' Wolfsburg are wealthy and he's there main talent. Hence their interest in Moreno and Davies.

Reports that we've accepted £10 million and that Davies was heading home from our tour to join Tottenham are false, since then he's played 45 minutes for us against Chivas Guadalajara.[/quote']

What about the rumours that Davies has chatted with Bale at length over the phone and been convinced that Tottenham is the right place for him?

Well they aren't going to get Ricardo Rodriguez for that sort of money' date=' Wolfsburg are wealthy and he's there main talent. Hence their interest in Moreno and Davies.

Reports that we've accepted £10 million and that Davies was heading home from our tour to join Tottenham are false, since then he's played 45 minutes for us against Chivas Guadalajara.[/quote']

Well more fool them. £10million for Ben Davies is hilarious.

Well more fool them. £10million for Ben Davies is hilarious.

In what sense?

What about the rumours that Davies has chatted with Bale at length over the phone and been convinced that Tottenham is the right place for him?

I haven't heard those rumours, and I'm not sure what Ben Davies is thinking but it doesn't look like he's going to force a move.

Those who didn't want to play for us any more weren't taken with us on our pre season tour and Ben Davies is in our plans for next season as it stands.