Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Genuinely happy that we are finally being linked to Loic Remy, he really could be an excellent signing for us so I got my fingers crossed.

Read an interesting thing about us - how we have NEVER bought a world class player, instead we have always bought those that have either failed to live up to their potential elsewhere (most recently Sturridge) or need to make the step up (most recently Torres, Suarez).

Now that may make us sound like a selling club or a rung on the ladder, but I think there is a fair amount of truth in there. So the question for me is, why?

We are steeped in traditional and are globally recognised but ultimately the stadium is old and small (compared to other "top" sides, which we were and hopefully are on our way back towards becoming again) and we aren't fashionably close to the capital.

Anyway, my point is this. With the money we are spending, would we be better to allocate a chunk of it to the stadium development plan to try to reduce the debt the development will saddle us with? (I know this is similar to Arsenal's approach), whilst investing the transfer kitty as we have - ignoring the Rues/Vidal stuff and continuing to develop players - I'm thinking that Balotelli as an example is player who, similar to Studge, has reached an age were big opportunities are slimmer on the ground and last chance type stuff is coming to the fore. Just an example - he's certainly more mental than Daniel that's for sure! - but could Rodger's get more form him?

more questions that answers and certainly more of a ramble in the end than I had planned but be interested in your thoughts lads.

Exclusive: Loic Remy will meet Liverpool officials. Meeting set for this weekend. #LFC

We'll find out how true this is I suppose. Seems silly not to take him tho at 8m.

Would be on high wages but still cheaper than Bony in the long run. Would love to have him here.

I think I might be the only person totally underwhelmed at the prospect of Remy coming here...I don't really see the fuss.

rather save the 8m and put it towards a player who will improve the first team.

Ray, i'll say this -

If we sign Remy, he will get in excess of 10 premier league goals this coming season

If he signs and he doesnt achieve this i will accept a forfeit.

Ray' date=' i'll say this -

If we sign Remy, he will get in excess of 10 premier league goals this coming season

If he signs and he doesnt achieve this i will accept a forfeit.[/quote']

Actually sounds a tad underwhelming that! But hes a very,very decent striker and one i really like.

In other news - Fowler returns to a Liverpool in an ambassdor's role. I assume that means he will be holding the tray of Ferero Roche?

I think I might be the only person totally underwhelmed at the prospect of Remy coming here...I don't really see the fuss.

rather save the 8m and put it towards a player who will improve the first team.

Wouldn't you rather have spent £8m on Remy as a squad player and put the £20/25m used on Lallana and Markovic towards a clear first team player?

Actually sounds a tad underwhelming that! But hes a very' date='very decent striker and one i really like.

In other news - Fowler returns to a Liverpool in an ambassdor's role. I assume that means he will be holding the tray of Ferero Roche?[/quote']

I'm sure it said 15 goals when I first read this ;)

I just don't see him being a starter and to pay £75+ K a week for a bloke who will be a reserve seems a bit OTT.

Would rather we try and invest the money in real quality, I just ain't convinced by him personally, if he signs more than happy for him to show me up but I ain't a believer at this point.

Sunderland paying 14 million pounds for Borini. Not sure why but I don't mind it:)

Just seen that via Tony Barrett...

"Oh happy days, oh happy days"

Just goes to emphasise what I was saying about the market it is crazy now, these new TV deals have just left clubs with so much cash it is untrue and these kinda fees will be the norm from now on for what is basically in Borini's case a bang average player.

I honestly cannot believe we are gunna make a profit on him, initial fee rumoured to be 12m then add on's throw in the deal for Assaidi (another rank a average player) is to be 4m up front rising to 7m, be absolutely tremendous selling business :)

Near enough another 20m to the pot :)

Lets hope for no last minute hitches!!!

Wouldn't you rather have spent £8m on Remy as a squad player and put the £20/25m used on Lallana and Markovic towards a clear first team player?

Absolutely! I wouldn't see either as definite starters

;2956313']fort that was last summer though..

Nope, becomes active summer 2015

Maybe Rodgers wanted youth (ish), and no 40m players were really willing to join Liverpool?