Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

In for Lallana (25M), Markovic (20M), Lovren (20M) - "Don't worry, if Brendan Rodgers want them it is because he saw something in them, Brendan Rodgers know what is the best for the team. It is okay because I believe in Brendan Rodgers judgement."

In for Remy (8M), Ben Davies (10M), Bertrand (8M) - "I don't want them in the squad, not gonna suit us. I don't know what Brendan Rodgers is thinking. Suddenly I don't believe in his judgement."

I didn't realise having a difference of opinion in a player's ability is a big crime, I personally ain't convinced that Remy is capable of scoring 15+ goals in a season, I ain't convinced he will make himself a regular starter, I ain't convinced about his attitude and I ain't convinced he is what we require.

The bigger issue for me is that if he comes in then I would imagine that would be it for strikers with Studge, Remy and Lambo as the three options. If something happens to Sturridge I would be severely worried because I don't believe that either Remy or Lambo is a good enough main striker for a side going for the title. I just don't think he has as much quality in terms of a player as many others seem to.

I would be confident in saying Lallana and Markovic will be much more regular starters than Remy and more than perhaps some people expect them to be.

When we bought Borini everybody said the same thing and had a go because I dared to say he will flop, now your rejoicing at the thought of him leaving for 14m (although not as much as me :P) Sometimes I will be right, sometimes I will be wrong but that's what the game is all about.....opinions.

At the end of the day though my opinion or any other Liverpool fan's opinion is to a large extent irrelevant only Brendon's matter (rightly) when it comes to player recruitment/selling

If he comes in I will support him just like I do every Liverpool player I don't think he is a bad player but with the money we have available which is unprecedented I would have personally hoped for something better, but we have to trust Brendon don't mean we always have to agree. Nobody will be happier than me if he turns into the bargain of the season and fires in a glut of goals.

20 league goals in 37 games for lower sides in the Prem. Also I think his style will suit us. He will stretch the game and look to get in behind at every opportunity. Nobody is saying he's going to come and play 40+ games but for 8m he's a wonderful addition to the squad.

Latest rumour regarding Remy is that he'll get 60k-a-week, which wouldn't be bad at all. Excellent goal-scorer with lots of pace, not a great all around player but he doesn't have to be that to be an effective player for us. Sturridge, Remy & Lambert is good enough for me.

;2956437']People going on like he is going to be our direct Suarez replacement and main striker...

No thats Sturridge.

8M for a proven Prem striker' date=' a very good option and plan B/C even, pace through the middle, plus he can play wide. Bargain.[/quote']

8m for Remy is a great buy, but i think its the wages that are the big issue, he wants 80/90k a week, for a plan B/C is too much, if he lowers it to 60/70k, game on.

Looks painfully average to me.

Remy and Lambert are a considerable upgrade to what we had on the bench last season. Sturridge is easily in the top 3 of strikers in the premier league, Remy is a 1-in-2 goal-scorer and Lambert brings a different type of option to the attack.

Remy is essentially a poorer version of Sturridge and Lambert is a donkey. The signings of either Remy or Lambert would only have made sense if it was alongside the signing of a proper replacement for Suarez. Without the Count, your attack looks fairly impotent, to be honest.

Remy is essentially a poorer version of Sturridge and Lambert is a donkey. The signings of either Remy or Lambert would only have made sense if it was alongside the signing of a proper replacement for Suarez. Without the Count' date=' your attack looks fairly impotent, to be honest.[/quote']

Speaking of donkeys, Mesut Ozil.

Remy is essentially a poorer version of Sturridge and Lambert is a donkey. The signings of either Remy or Lambert would only have made sense if it was alongside the signing of a proper replacement for Suarez. Without the Count' date=' your attack looks fairly impotent, to be honest.[/quote']

Lambert is a better donkey than Giroud :D

You say a lot of naïve things and I can't even recognize when you're simply trolling and when you're being serious. But I hope you're trolling right now.

You say a lot of naïve things and I can't even recognize when you're simply trolling and when you're being serious. But I hope you're trolling right now.

he's half right but who's to say they splash 40m on cavani and he's going to get you the goals..

Lambert is a better donkey than Giroud :D

I don't like Giroud but he's on a completely different level to Lambert. Lambert is a one season job. He's 32' date=' i'm not sure what Liverpool hope to get out of him really.

In what world is it naive? Essentially, you've replaced the loss of Suarez in your attack with two mid table/lower end strikers. And the midfield signings hardly inspire confidence. You had a chance to go out and buy proven quality and you've failed to do so miserably.

I don't like Giroud but he's on a completely different level to Lambert. Lambert is a one season job. He's 32' date=' i'm not sure what Liverpool hope to get out of him really.

In what world is it naive? Essentially, you've replaced the loss of Suarez in your attack with two mid table/lower end strikers. And the midfield signings hardly inspire confidence. You had a chance to go out and buy proven quality and you've failed to do so miserably.[/quote']

Well, completely writing off Lambert as a donkey is naive imo. He brings something to our team that we don't have and is actually good at creating chances for others, too. Lallana and Lambert created 34 chances for each other last season whereas Sturridge and Suarez created 28 (or 26, I can't remember).

We've not replaced Suarez with Remy and Lambert. Markovic at the moment is the one who will go to the starting lineup imo but I think we're yet to make the signing who will be the closest thing to a Suarez replacement.

Also, when you say that Remy is essentially a poorer version of Sturridge, what's the point you're making? Isn't it pretty good that we have a player who's similar to Sturridge so we don't have to change too much when Sturridge is out? And we're hardly going to get a better version of Sturridge who has 35 goals in 49 games for us.

And saying that our attack looks imponent was another thing I thought was naïve. It's quite the opposite.

Italian forward Fabio Borini, 23, looks poised to sign for Sunderland after the Black Cats agreed a £14m fee with Liverpool.

Liverpool have told French striker Loic Remy, 27 to lower his wage demands if he wants an £8m Anfield move from Queens Park Rangers.

Tottenham are close to completing a £10m deal for 21-year-old Swansea City defender Ben Davies, having seen off rival interest from Liverpool.

Not at all' date=' he makes a lot of sense.

You lot have failed to replace Suarez, but have attempted to, but miserably.Lambert and Remy would be good back up players to let's say Suarez but to depend your season on them is a no.

Remy can offer something no doubt, but you lot are in CL football now and are meant to be serious contenders in the league.

So far, I can't see you lot hovering around top 4. [/color']

We may not have Suarez but I'd be pretty happy with Sturridge, Remy and Lambert as our options really. We desperately need to sort out the defence more than anything. The records of these 3 strikers over the last two seasons is pretty great:

Sturridge- 2 in 3

Remy- 1 in 2

Lambert - over 1 in 3

Who else has the same quality strikers in the league? Only United with van Persie and Rooney as I don't see lukaku staying at Chelsea

Everyone saying we've failed miserably at replacing Suarez is laughable! Little premature to come out with statements of that ilk. There is plenty of time remaining and were apparently still looking for a marquee. All these additions are just squad players. Squad is already looking much stronger this season and there's plenty of money left in the bank for a 'name'.

What's the fuss.

We are not looking for like-for-like replacement, BR already said we will looking to strengthening the squad. There will be no 'marquee' signing this window.

'Marquee' is not always the way to settle things, certain 'marquee' comes in and they still finished 4th, while we are doing better with promoting from within and using unwanted players.