Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

We don't have to spend £50m+ to replace Suarez....

Remember Suarez cost half of what we sold Torres for...... and look how he started off.... you don't have to spend crazy money to get superb players. Whats to say Markovic won't just come into the side and blow everybody away?

Keep writing us off, we don't care....

Remy is a good option to have and for the price I think you're getting a good deal. Whilst none of your forwards are at Suarez's level, I think you have a world class forward in Sturridge and two proven backup options so it's not bad at all. Remy could prove to be one of the signings of the season for £8.5M. Time will tell.

Hey, that title could even be given to Lambert for all we know.

Forgive me for being a little over optimistic but I feel like this coming season will be very similar to the last. Everyone laughing off our signings, slating us for selling Suarez (last season it was for keeping him) and telling us we've got no chance of top four.

I've been very confident in Rodgers right from day one when he came in as manager. After the first 5 games of his reign without a win I wasn't even considering the fact that we made the wrong decision because it was clear he was a 'man with a plan', so to speak. The guy knows what he's doing, and he isn't afraid to take risks. Heck, last season Flanagan's career was over wasn't it?

Now I don't necessarily agree with every move we've made in the market so far, but people are acting like it's deadline day tomorrow. There's still a month and 11 days for goodness sake. Patience is key. It's gotten us this far and you can disagree with as much as you like but I'm confident it will get us even further.

It's almost a surprise that none of the trolls and 'experts' of other clubs didn't learn not to count their chickens before they hatch last season.

why aint you guys looking at di maria!? or even cavani. 45 million any of them will improve your the team massively.

right now l think with champions league Liverpool may struggle

I believe we are. Some of the Liverpool 'ITKs' seem to think that we're interested in him and that he could be interested in coming here. Wasn't it reported that PSG couldn't complete that deal due to FFP?

Not a fan of Cavani personally, certainly not for the price he'd cost.

Confirmed #LFC team v Preston: B Jones' date=' Kelly, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wisdom, Lucas, Allen, Can, Coutinho, Lambert, Borini[/quote']

When will we be start using Kelly as CB, and what does Borini doing there? Isn't he suppose to agreeing personal terms or something. lol

I believe we are. Some of the Liverpool 'ITKs' seem to think that we're interested in him and that he could be interested in coming here. Wasn't it reported that PSG couldn't complete that deal due to FFP?

Not a fan of Cavani personally' date=' certainly not for the price he'd cost.[/quote']

PSG can't sign him unless they sell. They are looking to sell Pastore and Lavezzi, then we will see a big signing for PSG again.

Hope there's a premier league club who wants to take Ibe on loan rather than a championship club.

Loved Peterson's work ethic, as well. I'm not convinced he'll make it here but with that determination he could go down the Kacaniklic route and find a decent club for him.

How can we be so good at attacking set pieces but so bad at defending them?

It's sad to see how much Lucas has regressed in a year' date=' so off the pace looks a shadow of himself.[/quote']

Be fair they all looked off the pace, it is the start if pre-season all gunna be way short, don't help when he is paired with Allen as neither are progressive players and look to pass sideways and back.

Brilliant work by Ibe again and a brilliant finish from Suso' date=' hope both are around the first team this season.[/quote']

Wouldn't say that was likely TBH

If Ibe can learn to finish he will be a top Premier League player.

This is correct IMO.

He has such a great amount of raw talent' date=' pace can beat a player but has a long way to go, his final ball lacks and his finishing borders on woeful at times. Also got a great deal to learn in terms of decision making and his movement/game intelligence needs work.

I am sure with time and development he will improve in all those areas and if he does he can be a really top player, the raw materials are there it is harnessing them.

Ibe > Sterling

Sterling at this stage is a long way ahead of Ibe in terms of development and ability IMO. TBH although I think Ibe's potential is fantastic I don't think he has as much to his game as Sterling.

Would like to see Ibe go out on loan and if we could get a lower end PL club even better to get regular football and continue his development, if he stays here I can only see him getting the odd 10-15 mins very infrequently he will have a lot of players ahead of him at this point.

Be good for him, Liverpool and the club who gets his services for the season,