Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Good game, well done. You deserved to win based on your domination (probably amongst other things but I didn't pay attention to detail :P) in possession, but nevertheless I'm happy that we made a game of it and got ourselves a goal and in the lead at one point during the game. We both gave pretty much different 11's a go each side of half time so I can happily say that our first team won the first 45 minutes ;)

I'm glad it was Brownhill that got the goal, and the MOTM award too. He'll be delighted to score against a huge side, even if it was only a pre-season friendly. Both your goals looked good (at least from where I was sat), especially the first (Suso I think?). I was impressed by Ibe, he stood out the most.

Like I say, it was a pre-season game but we don't play the likes of Liverpool very often (well, usually) so I'll happily take a narrow defeat under the circumstances :)

Credible sources reporting that Borini has turned down the move to Sunderland to fight for his spot. Remy deal will go through Tuesday and isn't dependent of him leaving.

Even as much as I like to see a player want to play for us, he isn't good enough and we'll never get a better offer.

Credible sources reporting that Borini has turned down the move to Sunderland to fight for his spot. Remy deal will go through Tuesday and isn't dependent of him leaving.

Even as much as I like to see a player want to play for us' date=' he isn't good enough and we'll never get a better offer.[/quote']

Tbh, he probably sees a chance to play in the CL which he is likely to never have again.

Don't blame him

Tbh' date=' he probably sees a chance to play in the CL which he is likely to never have again.

Don't blame him[/quote']

He's very unlikely to play in the Champions league ahead of Sturridge, Sterling, Markovic, Remy, Lallana, Coutinho and maybe Suso and Ibe and whoever else we bring in. He just isn't good enough.

Tbh' date=' he probably sees a chance to play in the CL which he is likely to never have again.

Don't blame him[/quote']

But he won't get a game in the Champions League will he. He's nowhere near good enough and will be well down the pecking order.

Mohamed Salah faces a three year abscence from football following orders from Egypt that he must serve in the Military.

Funny how things work out aint it!

So instead of playing zero games for Chelsea, he will now play zero games for Chelsea.

Really hoping we make a move for one of the Real Madrid players who could be looking to leave after Real get James. So basically Isco or Di Maria. We can afford it, they'd both fit quite nicely and it would also send a big message about our ambition. I like us to be the kind of club who buys players and makes them stars but with the competitiveness of the league, I wouldn't mind one who's already a big name, especially when we've just lost one.

I think Di Maria is the player we need as we need a winger. Isco is a good player bit we've already got Coutinho' date=' just spent 25m on Lallana, got Suso looking to prove a point and Sterling can play in the middle as well.[/quote']

Isco is miles better than any of those players you just mentioned

So instead of playing zero games for Chelsea' date=' he will now play zero games for Chelsea.

Really hoping we make a move for one of the Real Madrid players who could be looking to leave after Real get James. So basically Isco or Di Maria. We can afford it, they'd both fit quite nicely and it would also send a big message about our ambition. I like us to be the kind of club who buys players and makes them stars but with the competitiveness of the league, I wouldn't mind one who's already a big name, especially when we've just lost one.[/quote']

And people call United fans deluded!

Why would Di Maria want to join Liverpool?

I think Di Maria is the player we need as we need a winger. Isco is a good player bit we've already got Coutinho' date=' just spent 25m on Lallana, got Suso looking to prove a point and Sterling can play in the middle as well.[/quote']

Why do you need him when you have world class talents like Markovic...

Yes but we don't need him because we've got those players. We need Di Maria because we've only got two natural wingers who are both not fully developed.

I was just saying which of the two we need more.

What happened to developing world class talents ;)

champions league football, game time, chance at winning the EPL.

very odd a united fan of all people down playing liverpool after becoming a mid table team yourselves..

if RVP, mata etc don't mind staying at united its feasible world class players also going to liverpool.

He has such a great amount of raw talent' date=' pace can beat a player but has a long way to go, his final ball lacks and his finishing borders on woeful at times. Also got a great deal to learn in terms of decision making and his movement/game intelligence needs work.[/quote']

You were practically describing Sterling at the start of last season.

Sterling at this stage is a long way ahead of Ibe in terms of development and ability IMO. TBH although I think Ibe's potential is fantastic I don't think he has as much to his game as Sterling.

Would like to see Ibe go out on loan and if we could get a lower end PL club even better to get regular football and continue his development, if he stays here I can only see him getting the odd 10-15 mins very infrequently he will have a lot of players ahead of him at this point.

Be good for him, Liverpool and the club who gets his services for the season,

That is the best thing we can do right now, because it is different from Sterling's case.

Last season we were short in every personnel and that's lead to Sterling having so much playing time. And it does wonders to Sterling development.

This season with the influx of players to the squad, I can't see him competing with all of them bar maybe Suso (and it is not even in his preferred position), and it will only stagnant his development.

He would suit teams that rely heavily to winger and if we can found him one, it's win-win situation for all parties. Because if given proper chances, I believe he is bound to turned up like Sterling, if not better.

Yes but we don't need him because we've got those players. We need Di Maria because we've only got two natural wingers who are both not fully developed.

I was just saying which of the two we need more.

Can't see we in for Di Maria; he is currently under 200k/week' date=' and with the transfer fee quote, I just can't see it happening. I like the Idea of having Isco tho. Big fan.

Kopwatch ‏@KOPWATCH 10m

Reported via AS: Liverpool have submitted a bid for Real Madrid's Isco.

Would Isco be classed as a marquee?

Depend on the fee. If it is 30M, then it is. If not, it would be Lallana-esque, Markovic-esque; 20M-ish.

So, looks like Lovren is back on, with report suggesting Southampton are after Vlaar for his replacement, and some news paper suggesting the transfer is done with Aston Villa receiving 9M for the Dutchmen.

Every time you post my appreciation of your knowledge drops a little bit you know.

What you're suggesting is a team that is trying to create a squad with depth relies on only 2 wingers for the entire season to start every game as well as have 2 players who are more effective through the middle be forced to play out there.

Stop trying to be Infernito because only he can pull off the troll act without looking silly.

Can't see we in for Di Maria; he is currently under 200k/week' date=' and with the transfer fee quote, I just can't see it happening. I like the Idea of having Isco tho. Big fan.

[/quote']

I never said he was going to come to us or that we were in for him though. I simply stated my opinion on who I would prefer us to get.