Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

He wants to play with Reus.

Forgot about that ;)

champions league football' date=' game time, chance at winning the EPL.

very odd a united fan of all people down playing liverpool after becoming a mid table team yourselves..

if RVP, mata etc don't mind staying at united its feasible world class players also going to liverpool.[/quote']

Chance at winning the EPL?

Liverpool will do well this season (as would most clubs) to get top 4 with the amount of strengthening other clubs are undergoing.

Yes Di Maria would get CL football but he'd have that at Madrid also and his gametime wouldn't be too much of an issue seeing as he's capable of playing on the wings or centrally.

That's rather cheap shot. Try harder.

How is it a cheap shot?

You call it that yet offer no reasons for it.

Liverpool during the 80's were massive but now their reputation in global football isn't what it used to be. Everyone is aware of their history but they haven't recently performed like a big club bar last season which is arguably a lot to do with Suarez who's just left.

I loved watching Liverpool play last season' date=' I think you have a great manager and a good set up with some great young talent (Sterling) coming through but I do not for one second think Angel Di Maria would want to join Liverpool over staying at Madrid or moving to another club.

The only way I'll be proved wrong is if he does join you this window.

To put it simply, if he doesn't have better options.

He does have better options though. I'd wager most top sides would be interested in Di Maria.

He will not join Liverpool.

Every time you post my appreciation of your knowledge drops a little bit you know.

What you're suggesting is a team that is trying to create a squad with depth relies on only 2 wingers for the entire season to start every game as well as have 2 players who are more effective through the middle be forced to play out there.

Stop trying to be Infernito because only he can pull off the troll act without looking silly.

I'm not trolling though? You honestly think Di Maria will WANT to join Liverpool?

That is what I am arguing here. That Angel Di Maria will not join Liverpool. I cannot see a single reason he would join over staying at Madrid.

Like I have said before if Di Maria joins you this season I'll take it all back but you are all making yourselves look a bit silly by saying Reus and Di Maria would be interested in joining the club.

What I find absolutely hilarious is that the same people criticising me for saying you need to add a top quality player to replace Suarez are now telling me that you need Di Maria?

Make your minds up!

As for your appreciation I am not on here for that, however if you honestly think Angel Di Maria will join Liverpool then come out and say it.

I for one will come out and say if Angel Di Maria joins Liverpool I'll change my badge to a Liverpool one and get the mods to change my name to Liverpool are the best or something of the like.

So tell me who's willing to offer up similar terms seeing as it's so insulting of me to suggest Liverpool won't sign Di Maria?

I'm not trolling though? You honestly think Di Maria will WANT to join Liverpool?

That is what I am arguing here. That Angel Di Maria will not join Liverpool. I cannot see a single reason he would join over staying at Madrid.

Like I have said before if Di Maria joins you this season I'll take it all back but you are all making yourselves look a bit silly by saying Reus and Di Maria would be interested in joining the club.

What I find absolutely hilarious is that the same people criticising me for saying you need to add a top quality player to replace Suarez are now telling me that you need Di Maria?

Make your minds up!

As for your appreciation I am not on here for that' date=' however if you honestly think Angel Di Maria will join Liverpool then come out and say it.

I for one will come out and say if Angel Di Maria joins Liverpool I'll change my badge to a Liverpool one and get the mods to change my name to Liverpool are the best or something of the like.

So tell me who's willing to offer up similar terms seeing as it's so insulting of me to suggest Liverpool won't sign Di Maria?[/quote']

I never said Di Maria would want to join Liverpool or the fact that we are in for him, as I stated below. Someone posted about the prospect of Di Maria and Isco being available now that James may join and I merely said who I think will be better for us.

Also not once have I ever said that we don't need a top quality player to replace Suarez. That's what I've been going on about for a while now actually lol.:rolleyes:

Isn't Di Maria said to be leaving Real Madrid, though? If he does want to go, there's a handful of clubs who'd be interested in him, and no we wouldn't be the favourites to sign him but I do believe he'd be willing to come here.

I think Di Maria is the player we need as we need a winger. Isco is a good player bit we've already got Coutinho' date=' just spent 25m on Lallana, got Suso looking to prove a point and Sterling can play in the middle as well.[/quote']

Sounds like your making the assumption Liverpool have any chance of being in for him.

Yes but we don't need him because we've got those players. We need Di Maria because we've only got two natural wingers who are both not fully developed.

I was just saying which of the two we need more.

Again you can need him all you want but you won't get him.

Every time you post my appreciation of your knowledge drops a little bit you know.

What you're suggesting is a team that is trying to create a squad with depth relies on only 2 wingers for the entire season to start every game as well as have 2 players who are more effective through the middle be forced to play out there.

Stop trying to be Infernito because only he can pull off the troll act without looking silly.

I haven't once suggested just make do with what you have. I am saying be realistic. Di Maria and Reus are pipe dreams.

I never said Di Maria would want to join Liverpool or the fact that we are in for him' date=' as I stated below. Someone posted about the prospect of Di Maria and Isco being available now that James may join and I merely said who I think will be better for us.

Also not once have I ever said that we don't need a top quality player to replace Suarez. That's what I've been going on about for a while now actually lol.:rolleyes:[/quote']

Then I don't understand why your opinion of me is on the decline because my sole argument is that no matter how much you might want him over Isco or any other player or how much he's the kind of player you need you will not get Di Maria.

You're slating me for stating Di Maria will not want to join Liverpool. Apparently that statement is offensive or in some way unfair to Liverpool?

Also where have I said you were the person making those claims?

Stop acting like your name sake and accept that I am being realistic. You will not get Di Maria, just like United won't get 90% of the players we are linked with each window. Why is this such an issue for all you Liverpool fans?

Isn't Di Maria said to be leaving Real Madrid' date=' though? If he does want to go, there's a handful of clubs who'd be interested in him, and no we wouldn't be the favourites to sign him but I do believe he'd be willing to come here.[/quote']

I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if Di Maria would agree to join Liverpool, I'd be surprised if he were to even consider Liverpool.

• Firstly, wages offered to him will possibly eclipse anything you're willing to offer.
  • Secondly, the lifestyle, city and weather will not suit him.
  • Last of all, finishing second for one season may not be enough to convince established 'world class' players to join Liverpool. Your recent history isn't great in general.

Isn't Di Maria said to be leaving Real Madrid' date=' though? If he does want to go, there's a handful of clubs who'd be interested in him, and [b']no we wouldn't be the favourites to sign him[/b] but I do believe he'd be willing to come here.

Exactly.

All I am saying is you won't sign him because you will be very far behind in the pecking order IF he decides to leave.

But apparently that makes me a troll?

Once again Di Maria won't sign for Liverpool anyone who thinks otherwise come out and say it.

Exactly.

All I am saying is you won't sign him because you will be very far behind in the pecking order IF he decides to leave.

But apparently that makes me a troll?

Once again Di Maria won't sign for Liverpool anyone who thinks otherwise come out and say it.

Are you in a bad mood or something?:P

I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if Di Maria would agree to join Liverpool' date=' I'd be surprised if he were to even consider Liverpool.

[list']

[*]Firstly, wages offered to him will possibly eclipse anything you're willing to offer.

[*]Secondly, the lifestyle, city and weather will not suit him.

[*]Last of all, finishing second for one season may not be enough to convince established 'world class' players to join Liverpool. Your recent history isn't great in general.

Danc please stop trolling. It doesn't suit you.

How is it a cheap shot?

You call it that yet offer no reasons for it.

I was referring to "Why do you need him when you have world class talents like Markovic..." and "What happened to developing world class talents ;)".

Don't sweat over Di Maria transfer' date=' because it won't happen.

Sorry, we don't need glory hunter, so to speak. ;)

Are you in a bad mood or something?:P

Thank you for contributing to the discussion with such insightful input as the above.

I fail to see how my mood is anything to do with the fact Di Maria won't join Liverpool but no I'm very well and thank you for your concern :)

I'd just like to hear anybody confidently proclaim that Di Maria will join Liverpool because otherwise I fail to see how anything I've just said can be criticised as trolling?

I think what you have to ask yourself is what reasons does Di Maria have to consider joining Liverpool?

A scenic part of the world to live? No

Former team mates at the club who can pass on a good word? No.

Fellow Argentina team mates to help him settle in? No

A world renowned manager respected across Europe? No. Not yet anyway

A club that can throw ridiculous wages at him to make up for the above short comings? Nope

He'll end up at PSG, if he leaves Real Madrid. I could have potentially seen him at Arsenal before Sanchez but no chance of that now. The only way he'll end up at Liverpool is if he likes the Beatles or being set on fire.

Thank you for contributing to the discussion with such insightful input as the above.

Christ' date=' you really are in a bad mood. It was only a tongue in cheek comment.

[/b']

I fail to see how my mood is anything to do with the fact Di Maria won't join Liverpool but no I'm very well and thank you for your concern :)

I'd just like to hear anybody confidently proclaim that Di Maria will join Liverpool because otherwise I fail to see how anything I've just said can be criticised as trolling?

No, no-one is claiming that Di Maria will join Liverpool which is why you never really needed to get all agitated and call us delusional.

I was referring to "Why do you need him when you have world class talents like Markovic..." and "What happened to developing world class talents ;)".

Don't sweat over Di Maria transfer' date=' because it won't happen.

Sorry, we don't need glory hunter, so to speak. ;)[/quote']

Oh come off it Vendetta.

Well done for retaining some sanity.

How original calling a United fan a glory hunter despite the fact that the fan you're directing is born and bred there.

I expected a little more from you ;)

Oh come off it Vendetta.

Well done for retaining some sanity.

How original calling a United fan a glory hunter despite the fact that the fan you're directing is born and bred there.

I expected a little more from you ;)

Well, for starter, even if I'm wrong in things, I wont changed the badge and all. The fact you are born and bred, make it more laughable. ;)

Why Vidal want to join United?

Be more than happy to discuss this on the relevant thread.

I think what you have to ask yourself is what reasons does Di Maria have to consider joining Liverpool?

A scenic part of the world to live? No

Former team mates at the club who can pass on a good word? No.

Fellow Argentina team mates to help him settle in? No

A world renowned manager respected across Europe? No. Not yet anyway

A club that can throw ridiculous wages at him to make up for the above short comings? Nope

He'll end up at PSG' date=' if he leaves Real Madrid. I could have potentially seen him at Arsenal before Sanchez but no chance of that now. The only way he'll end up at Liverpool is if he likes the Beatles or being set on fire.[/quote']

I never thought I'd see the day where you become the voice of reason...

But agreed with all the above (except the bit about the Beatles and fire).

I'd venture a guess at 15 or something titles in 20 years and hiring a manager that knows what he's doing. Your situation is not even comparable to United's.

This.

Well' date=' for starter, even if I'm wrong in things, I wont changed the badge and all. The fact you are born and bred, make it more laughable. ;)[/quote']

Yes because geographical location determines everything in life.

You're just making yourself look silly by stooping lower.

:P

Sounds like your making the assumption Liverpool have any chance of being in for him.

Again you can need him all you want but you won't get him.

I haven't once suggested just make do with what you have. I am saying be realistic. Di Maria and Reus are pipe dreams.

Then I don't understand why your opinion of me is on the decline because my sole argument is that no matter how much you might want him over Isco or any other player or how much he's the kind of player you need you will not get Di Maria.

You're slating me for stating Di Maria will not want to join Liverpool. Apparently that statement is offensive or in some way unfair to Liverpool?

Also where have I said you were the person making those claims?

Stop acting like your name sake and accept that I am being realistic. You will not get Di Maria' date=' just like United won't get 90% of the players we are linked with each window. Why is this such an issue for all you Liverpool fans?[/quote']

I'm not going to go on after this as you're arguing with me about something that I never said and this is just pointless. Having said that you're trying to make me seem as if I'm having a go at you and that you're the good guy here.

I stated my opinion of who I would prefer from two players.

"Why do you need him when you have world class talents like Markovic..."

"What happened to developing world class talents "

We both know what you were trying to say with these two remarks and to act like you didn't mean what you did is as you put it, like my name.

Well' date=' for starter, even if I'm wrong in things, I wont changed the badge and all. The fact you are born and bred, make it more laughable. ;)[/quote']

Funny you say all this, because judging by your English, I wouldn't really say you're a local either (even though Liverpudlians aren't exactly renowned for their language skills anyway).

And when verifying that, I must say that I am right - you aren't a local (big surprise), which technically doesn't give you the right to call anyone else a "glory hunter", especially seeing as you yourself are supporting a (successful) team that is located on the other side of the world.

Comical.

Funny you say all this' date=' because judging by your English, I wouldn't really say you're a local either (even though Liverpudlians aren't exactly renowned for their language skills anyway).

And when verifying that, I must say that I am right - you aren't a local (big surprise), which technically doesn't give you the right to call anyone else a "glory hunter", especially seeing as you yourself are supporting a (successful) team that is located on the other side of the world.

Comical.[/quote']

While doing extensive research on me, can you tell me if my local team can play in EPL, so I can support them?

Just got in from Football (I won't talk to much about my 25 yard free kick, lets just say sensational ;):P) to read the thread and could have been the most pointless five minute read ever.

Few people bit pre-menstraul :o

I think no Liverpool fan would expect Di Maria to join us, nor do I actually think we are in for him, but for those United fans saying why would he join us, why would he join you??

If you are realistic, then so are we perhaps even more so given Champions League Football, however I don't think it is realistic for either TBH so Prob best both sides pepper down and take a breath!! :)

However Isco I think might well be a feasible and realistic target his game time is going to be limited, he never got much of a look in last season and with the signings Madrid have made in Kroos and James might be even less. At the very least if Brendon likes him it is worth an enquiry.

Move the conversation along please :)

Yawn thread is plumbing new depths of dull..

Wouldnt want Di Maria..

Isco is the talk, id rather get him in, his potential is massive..

And hopefully pull off the Micah Richards deal, either a loan or free i think he'll be a smart signing.