Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

David N'Gog' date=' apparently "quality at a low price" according to a deluded Spaniard.[/quote']

N'gog was bad but to place him amongst the players mentioned (Dundee, Kozma) already is completely unfair.

I'd like to add Antonio Nunez name to the hat also.

Yeh he was totally pants' date=' one of the worst players ever to play here, although Istvan Kozma probably tops the list.[/quote']

Torben Piechnik or Erik Meijer

Although Erik was possibly the funniest player ive ever seen play, you cant fault a trier

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php/articles.html/_/fe/10-players-that-shook-the-kop-with-laughter/10-pwstk-wl-2-erik-meijer-r91

Been linked with Javi Manquillo in the Spanish papers. Not sure if he'd be first choice considering how young he is.

If we don't sign a right-back this window, who would be your starting RB next season? For me it has to be Flanagan based on last season's showings.

Been linked with Javi Manquillo in the Spanish papers. Not sure if he'd be first choice considering how young he is.

If we don't sign a right-back this window' date=' who would be your starting RB next season? For me it has to be Flanagan based on last season's showings.[/quote']

Who doesn't love Flanno? His goal last season was one of the highlights for many fans - genuine Roy of the Rovers moment, and in a season of some many highs that's saying something!

Even Cafu -

Cafu: I see my style in Flanagan

"I first started hearing about him by watching Premier League matches and observing his performance along with other players," said the 43-year-old.

"I then started seeing some news saying he is the Red Cafu! So there's nothing better than coming to the city and taking a picture with my successor.

"He is a good player; still young and developing, but already gaining recognition at Liverpool and he might even have an opportunity with the English national team. He'll be a great English player in the future.

"He has speed, strength and determination. He's an athlete who goes after it and never gives it up. That's exactly what I used to do; there were no missing chances for me, no tiredness and no being dejected.

"I see that style in him too. I hope he continues that way and achieves as many trophies as I did."

Cafu, May 2014.

So yeah, he'd be my punt!

David N'Gog' date=' apparently "quality at a low price" according to a deluded Spaniard.[/quote']

As bad as he was he did have a few good moments in a Liverpool shirt, and whilst his time is forgettable he can't be classed amongst the biggest flops.

Christian Poulsen...

He was poor' date=' but then he had Roy Hodgson as his manager.....

Who are they and when did they play for us?

They were players in the early to mid 90's.

Kozma was a Hungarian midfielder bought by Graeme Souness who said he was a complete midfielder, he was complete in the sense that he could do absolutely nothing required of a CM, think he cost 450,000 and in those days was a tidy sum.

As for Sean Dundee.....Crocodile Dundee could have done better...

;2957728']Torben Piechnik or Erik Meijer

Although Erik was possibly the funniest player ive ever seen play' date=' you cant fault a trier

[url']http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php/articles.html/_/fe/10-players-that-shook-the-kop-with-laughter/10-pwstk-wl-2-erik-meijer-r91[/url]

I loved Meijer, fair enough he was useless but like you say he tried like anything and gave 110% every game, it didn't make up for being useless but you can forgive to a certain extent if they try.

Absolutely mental as well I remember him in the Liverpool end in the UEFA Cup final with the fans a few years after he left with his Liverpool shirt off swinging it in the air, absolutely mental but I loved him.

Piechnik another Souness buy I think, he was pretty average but don't think he can be classed amongst the very very worse.

When you think back Souness did not half buy some rubbish anybody remember 2.2m on Paul Stewart :eek:

He did buy Rob Jones for a pittance though who I still maintain is e best RB I ever saw at Liverpool in my time watching, so sad how injuries derailed him, Gary Neville wouldn't have got a look in for years for England but for those injuries, Rob Jones was brilliant.

As bad as he was he did have a few good moments in a Liverpool shirt' date=' and whilst his time is forgettable he can't be classed amongst the biggest flops.

[b']He was poor, but then he had Roy Hodgson as his manager.....[/b]

Ngog possibly played under Liverpool's best manager in the modern era, so yeah ...

Are all the world cup lads back for tonight? Hoping to see the new lads, bet Coutinho can't wait to have some senior attacking players to play with. We might actually look like scoring now, I honestly think Borini could play for a week and not even come close to scoring :P

Are all the world cup lads back for tonight? Hoping to see the new lads' date=' bet Coutinho can't wait to have some senior attacking players to play with. We might actually look like scoring now, I honestly think Borini could play for a week and not even come close to scoring :P[/quote']

Im looking forward to seeing Roma after there transfer window. There squad is awesome, gonna be tough team in the CL (Apparently a third pot side I read) so a huge banana skin for some clubs

Would be great for both to put out strong sides, if they do ill defo stay up to watch it :)

Rodgers take a bow for the Manquillo deal' date=' really shrewd. See if he can get anymore with this sort of option. Kingsley Koman at Juventus or Andre Silva of Porto :) (would be nice!)[/quote']

The Atletico RB?

You have a reliable source as Arsenal were very close to signing him on loan with an option to buy not long ago.

Liverpool Echo' date=' Guardian, Mirror, Express etc etc, basically all the papers.[/quote']

Ah that sucks. Stuck with Jenkinson as back up it seems lol.

Never actually seen him play, whats he like? And do you need him with Flanagan already a decent back up to Johnson?

Ah that sucks. Stuck with Jenkinson as back up it seems lol.

Never actually seen him play' date=' whats he like? And do you need him with Flanagan already a decent back up to Johnson?[/quote']

Don't really know too much about him in all honesty.

Flanagan could end up being our 2nd choice LB rather than RB because I think Enrique could be for sale (certainly for the right price he is). So we'd have Johnson, Manquillo, Flanagan and a new LB as our full-backs.

Anyway, Johnson isn't going to be here for more than a season so I think we're just trying our luck with a promising young right-back and seeing if he could be Johnson's successor. If it doesn't work out, it's not a big deal because it's only a loan. And we'll have the option to buy him for €6M which seems really cheap.

Rodgers take a bow for the Manquillo deal' date=' really shrewd. See if he can get anymore with this sort of option. Kingsley Koman at Juventus or Andre Silva of Porto :) (would be nice!)[/quote']

Just noticed this now, would be nice to see a few more deals like this throw about, they either work out or not - Madrid have an option to recall him within the first two years if he makes the progress they expect.

Just noticed this now' date=' would be nice to see a few more deals like this throw about, they either work out or not - [b']Madrid have an option to recall him within the first two years if he makes the progress they expect.[/b]

source for this please? If that's true it would be a stupid deal as if he does poorly he goes back and if he does well he goes back. Really can't see that being true.