Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

54M Euro bid in for Vidal supposedly this morning, according to El Mercurio, Chilean paper.

According to El Mercurio , taken by RMC , Liverpool have offered 54 million euros to Juventus for Arturo Vidal . Chilean middle of 27 years is an essential part of the Vecchia Donna. Arrived in 2011 from Bayer Leverkusen, he played 126 matches for the club Piedmont and scored 24 goals.

Nothing better than coming home from work and reading this;

Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal is thought to have ruled out a move to Manchester United, with Liverpool FC now poised to go for the £42.5m man.

and,

Liverpool FC could be in for £35.6m Benfica winger Nicolas Gaitan,

and,

Meanwhile Brendan Rodgers is reported to have made a £14.2m bid for Bayern Munich playmaker Xherdan Shaqiri, claims Swiss paper Blick

I'm sure somebody will shoot it down in a second, but let me just take it in and dream.

source for this please? If that's true it would be a stupid deal as if he does poorly he goes back and if he does well he goes back. Really can't see that being true.

Im sure Rodgers will be able to gauge his ceiling by a few matches here and there and what he does on the training ground, he is not a starter.

@TonyBarretTimes: Adam Lallana has been ruled out for up to six weeks after suffering a knee ligament injury in training.

Gutted for the lad and the squad, gunna set him back a lot longer than six weeks as he won't have had any pre season when he comes back, very unfortunate.

Lovren having a medical tomorrow and Remy/Origi set to be announced in the next couple of days...

Could be a lot of new interviews on LFC TV to watch next week...:)

Is this Origi actually the bee's knee's?? I don't want to write him off already' date=' but i have an awful feeling its just another Aspas or Borini jobby...[/quote']

Had a great World Cup. Buying young strikers after a good world cup always works out we-

diouf1_682x400_533069a.jpg

Is this Origi actually the bee's knee's?? I don't want to write him off already' date=' but i have an awful feeling its just another Aspas or Borini jobby...[/quote']

He's big, he's black, he'll molest your centre-back, Origi ...

In all seriousness, he's a great buy for the price.

He's big' date=' he's black, he'll molest your centre-back, Origi ...

In all seriousness, he's a great buy for the price.[/quote']

£10m?? And only to be loaned out to Lille for another season.

We spent £15m on Borini and £8m on Aspas.... we said the same about them.

Hope he convinces me otherwise though...

Borini was a better player than Origi so that says it all.

He did have one good game but apart from that he wasnt something out of this world.

My major question on this deal is that , when he is loaned back to Lille does Rodgers say he has to play as striker or as a right sided winger. I would prefer striker as really Lamber will be there for two years.

Im really hoping to see Suso on loan in the Bpl. Hes got talent but wont get the game time.

With Lallana out i can probably see Rodgers starting the the diamond first game with Remy and Stuzzer up top.

£10m?? And only to be loaned out to Lille for another season.

We spent £15m on Borini and £8m on Aspas.... we said the same about them.

Hope he convinces me otherwise though...

Got to get that out of your head, otherwise you'll find yourself repeating that for ever young player coming in for a similar price.

Even so, that extra year at Lille will do him wonders, mark my words. His last two months last season were standout, and he'll only be able to build on that, which gives him some valuable prep time for when it's time to step into a more demanding league.

With Origi, if he has a blinder in Ligue 1, could potentially flog him without even playing for us.

I think its more of a (to quote SM terms) real life money spinner/riser scenario.

On the other hand, he could be groomed to replace Ricky Lambert in 2 seasons time.

Loic Remy's move to Liverpool is off. It is understood the forward failed a medical. No comment from the club however.

From Tony Barrett on twitter.

Quite disappointing really. I personally think Remy is very good - he is a like-for-like replacement for when Sturridge is rested, and could play out wide if needed too. Shame.

From Tony Barrett on twitter.

Quite disappointing really. I personally think Remy is very good - he is a like-for-like replacement for when Sturridge is rested' date=' and could play out wide if needed too. Shame.[/quote']

Lovely. :D

Just after some Liverpool fan came up with:

UWLOKVp.jpg

Hello comrades, i am no Liverpool fan, but choosing to sign Lallana for 25m, indicates to me that Rodgers just likes fans of premier league have limited knowledge of football, about just British football and not much of other greater leagues and countries like Der Bundesliga and La Liga - the best 2 leagues in die welt!

Kroos could have been signed for 25m, Liverpool or any other EPL side could have signed Lewa for free, Sidney Sam for 2.5m, Ginter for 8m etc etc any great upcoming player from Der Bundesliga or La liga, because these teams are very nice and sell very cheaply!!

Liverpool bulky buying will cost them in my Deutschlander perspective!

If i was the Liverpool manager, i would sign Yedlin (USA international), the chance of signing Bruno Martins Indi and De Vrij who i said would become great has probably gone (which i state many long time ago)!!! The next best CB Liverpool should aim for is Umtiti, Geis or Diego Reyes!!!

All top young defenders have been quickly signed now - Indi, Aurier, Ginter, Shaw, Zouma, Bernat etc etc!

Liverpool must act on Geis, Reyes or even Laporte (he may cost 30m though). Umtiti would be the safer option for 11m!

Did he? He came out of the blue but was he really that effective?

I thought Origi looked very good at the World Cup, quite happy to admit I had never heard of him beforehand but what you saw at the World Cup was IMO very promising. Lots of raw talent and ability there I think at the price it is a very decent signing.

Going out on loan will not do him any harm, another twelve months of development and then come back and take over Lambert's place in the squad most probably.

Just got back from Golf and seen the news about Remy, can't say I was to dissapointed. As I say I don't think he is that great a player to get to upset over, although the reasons for it seem to be varying different scenarios depending on what side you listen to.

Liverpool are adamant he has failed a medical and the noises from Remy's camp is that Borini is the problem (he is a constant problem but less of that!!)

Either way seems dead in the water now and hopefully we can look at a better quality target, as I say I think Remy is decent but not of the level I would have hoped for, not convinced.

I won't be surprise if liverpool call the deal off in order to make a massive signing before end of the transfer window (""cough benzema cough"")

falcao to Madrid if it happens

top 4 players to sign for any club in champions league or man united

Cavani

lavezzi

Di maria

Vidal

Liverpool will not sign any players of that ilk, any time soon. It's the main problem with having a nobody as your manager. I ain't trolling, just a brutal truth.

Liverpool will not sign any players of that ilk' date=' any time soon. It's the main problem with having a nobody as your manager. I ain't trolling, just a brutal truth.[/quote']

the problem is that Wenger was a "nobody" when he joined as well

Brendon the nobody who finished ahead of Arsenal with less resources and a far worse squad....

God knows what that makes Wenger then....