Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

the problem is that Wenger was a "nobody" when he joined as well

Brendon the nobody who finished ahead of Arsenal with less resources and a far worse squad....

God knows what that makes Wenger then....

Ray a little dig there yeah ahaha. you know what I find funny liverpool finish 7th, 8th, 6th, 7th in the last 5 years just last year, liverpool finish 2nd in the league and liverpool fans act as if they won the premier league :rolleyes: and calling arsenal 4th place team Shock! Remenber Arsene wenger only started spending big money last year. there is no way roger will be as good as wenger.. it won't be long before roger get sacked only time will tell...:eek::P:p

if Roger and liverpool finish in the top 4 in the incoming season he will gain amazing respect from a lots people! because everyone is writing liverpool off just like "they" have been doing with Arsenal for the last 8 years since henry left in 2006.

Arsenal finish in the top 4 with bendtner and chamakh as strikers haha just saying :D

Ray a little dig there yeah ahaha. you know what I find funny liverpool finish 7th' date=' 8th, 6th, 7th in the last 5 years just last year. liverpool finish 2nd in the league and liverpool fans act as if you won the premier league :rolleyes: and calling arsenal 4th place team Shock! Remenber Arsene wenger only started spending big money last year. there is no way roger will match wenger.. it won't be long before he get sacked only time will tell...:eek::P:p

if Roger and liverpool finish in the top 4 in the incoming season he will gain amazing respect from a lots people! because everyone is writing liverpool off just like they did with Arsenal for the last 8 years since henry left in 2006.

Arsenal finish in the top 4 with bendtner and chamakh as strikers haha just saying :D[/quote']

No we don't act like we won the Premier League at all, in fact this is about the most humble club thread on the forum, compare it to your fans who are about the worst on the forum in loads of respects. The Subject of Arsene Wenger being precisely one of them.

Just pointing out to your Arsenal friend that Wenger was a nobody when he joined Arsenal yet that turned out ok and if Rodgers is such a nobody with little ability he wouldn't have been able to lead a wafer thin squad miles worse than most of its rivals to 2nd.

Rodgers is forming a reputation not just in England but around Europe as a top class manager, tactically very good and the way that he actually Improves players as seen in many of our squad is testament to his ability on the training field and man management.

He has worked his way through the ranks, paid his dues in terms of studying, coaching around England and In Europe notably Spain and is now reaping the rewards, he is a very very good manager and we are more than happy to have him.

Remy isnt coming in and in all i think its good news.

Now Liverpool can go for a better player. Remy was great value for money but your in the Champions league and you got to replace Suarez with a top quality player.

I seriously doubt Liverpool will go after a World Class attacking player to replace the departure of Luis Suarez. The general indication of our transfer policy under FSG suggests that we will purchase players who will have significantly lower wage demands with an initial transfer fee of around the 15-25M region.

This puts us out of the running for 'Marco Reus, Vidal' type of deals our fans are fantasizing over.

I earlier put forward the notion that we cant compete financially in the transfer market and it clearly stems from our inability to offer an attractive wage package to prospective targets.

People on this forum may put forward the argument that 'FSG have provided the resources but it isn't their fault after it was wasted by the managers' but however this is clearly ignoring one of the most important aspects of football transfers, besides the initial transfer fee, the wages.

The majority of our transfer business is dictated by the FSG policy of recruiting players who are not established at a WC class level and who will come in on relatively low wages.

I recall when we first signed Luis Suarez he was signed on a fairly modest contract of 60K.

The same with Andy Carrol, he signed on a contract around 70K-85K despite Liverpool paying £22 and £35 Million respectively for the pair in January 2011.

People will point out we spent £35 Million on Andy Carrol, but however if you put in to comparison Alexis Sanchez costing a rumored £30 Million, with a wage package of around 150K, the total cost of the transfer comfortably exceeds the Andy Carrol deal.

We are comfortable in spending £25 Million on initial transfer fees as long as the wage demands of the players remain modest. Spending £25 Million on a player who will be on a 70K contract will be far more economical as opposed to signing a player who will cost an initial £20 Million on 150-200K a week.

Lallana was signed for £25 Million on a contract rumored to be around 70K a week.

Markovic was signed for £20 Million and it is fair to say that he wont be on a deal that exceeds 65-70K per week.

Downing was signed for £20 Million and he was on 80K a week.

I am of the firm belief that we can't compete in the transfer market under FSG because we cant offer competitive wages and I do believe this policy will come back to bite us in the rear end.

We have sold Luis Suarez a player who has scored 31 goals last season and in the process we have strengthened a rival in the form of Arsenal by losing out on Alexis Sanchez.

We have since gone about our business by acquiring a somewhat technically adept English play maker (Rare at that) from a side that finished 8th in the League.

We have also added a 32 year old impact sub and a promising youngster from Germany. Both are decent deals for squad rotation but neither show any real significant intent to compete in the UCL and for the BPL.

Not too fussed about the Remy deal but I really am surprised we are pining our hopes on an unproven 19 year old from Benfica and a former Southampton play maker who couldn't consistently make the starting eleven for a national team that couldn't beat Costa Rica in the WC.

Without Suarez we are one Sturridge injury away from slipping back in to mediocrity.

God your so negative Everytime you write, might as well just throw ourselves off the top of a bus or summit :P

Anyhow welcome to Liverpool Dejan Lovren :)

Very content with his signing, a great defender, a leader, organiser, great in the air, good on the ball, think he will be a very good player for us.

Happy to have him here :)

God your so negative Everytime you write' date=' might as well just throw ourselves off the top of a bus or summit :P

Very content with his signing, a great defender, a leader, organiser, great in the air, good on the ball, think he will be a very good player for us.

Happy to have him here :)[/quote']

I agree with all of this. Quite happy with our business, even if it is a bit pricey. Got the CB we wanted, and he will hopefully form a good partnership with Sakho now that he has had a season to settle.

Also, anyone know if Emre Can is injured/for how long? He went off with an injury after 20 mins in one of the friendlies and I've not heard anything since.

Also' date=' anyone know if Emre Can is injured/for how long? He went off with an injury after 20 mins in one of the friendlies and I've not heard anything since.[/quote']

Starting this game I believe, so everything must be alright.

Liverpool XI in full: Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Toure, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Can, Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge.

God your so negative Everytime you write' date=' might as well just throw ourselves off the top of a bus or summit :P

Happy to have him here :)[/quote']

My favourite signing so far. B)

So with the breakdown of the Remy deal who would people rather we sign?

Jay Rodriguez?

Lukaku?

Bony?

Lacazette?

Benzema?

Bony

Really devastated about not getting Remy, he scores goals wherever he has played and with the service he would get from Gerrard, Hendo, Coutinho, Sterling etc would of maybe elevated his reputation.

Demba Ba would of been another can't believe Mourinho sold him, and for nothing (althought they did sign him originally for that amount)

So with the breakdown of the Remy deal who would people rather we sign?

Jay Rodriguez?

Lukaku?

Bony?

Lacazette?

Benzema?

Jay Rod - SMFA has limited it to just 3 dealings with the same club in a season. But seriously, I would take some pity on Southampton.

Lukaku - I don't think Chelsea will make the same mistake.

Bony - if I have read reports correctly, he is happy at Swansea.

Benzema - after selling Morata and Jese being the other 'striker', I do not think Real will sell Karim.

Lacazette - probably has the best chance of Liverpool signing him, but I think there are better options out there, like Jordan Ayew or Doumbia or Giovinco

Hello my beautiful comrades.

It has been an eventful year in football.

To all the Liverpool fans in these forums - commiserations comrades.

Glen Johnson and Skrtel costs Liverpool a 19th title, vs Chelsea, with arogant highline defending!!

Any Deutsch coach, would be quick to dissolve of these inferior players with high effectivity!

I watch Liverpool again, this week, vs inferior greek opposition, yet Johnson still remains a Liverpool player, and he hesitates always on the ball, and is very indecisive on the ball - this must be very nerve rack for you Liverpool fans for sure.

If I, was in charge of Liverpool, i go to purchase Yedlin from USA and potentially Ricardo Rodriguez!

Overall for Liverpool: New signing strengths -

Origo - Excellent signing, highly skillful, quick speed acceleration,

Markovic - good dribble of ball,

Lambert - excellent hold up play

Can - versatile player

Lallana - interesting signing (however being the same price as midfield general master Toni Kroos is outrageous)

and Lovren - Better then Skrtel, Coates and perhaps as good as Agger!

Excellent performances for Croats and Lyon in the past!

Many youth defensive talents are being signed up by the best sides in Europa - Bruno Martins Indi and De Vrij, (who i said would be both great comrades ;) ) Mangala, Zouma, Ginter, Aurier, Malanda etc.

Maybe Liverpool try for Rudiger, Sule or Umtiti maybe? then a RB, Geis,Yedlin, Lacselles or even Manquillo!

Overall predictions 14/15 season:

Premier league - 3rd

Fa Cup - Champions

League Cup - QF

Champions league - QF

Good luck to Liverpool fans for new season.

I look forward for 10/08/14, when Liverpool faces our beloved powerhouser side (Liverpool version) of Deutschland - B v B!!!!!!!! YNWA shall be sang loudly on this day for sure haha!!

(p.s i predict Liverpool 1-4 B v B for this one haha)B)

How were we last night? Kinda fell asleep....

Delighted with the signing of Lovren - great value for money even at £20m!

You didn't miss much, played alright in the first half and were probably marginally the better side, Olympiakos were the better team in the second but it was fragmented due to all the changes. Not a great game to watch in all honesty, although conditions were pretty difficult and the wind was causing havoc.

No real stand outs, Sterling and Skrtel were probably our best players, Henderson in his first game back played the full 90 and still full of running, like the Duracell Bunny that Kid!

Never take any note of these games really purely a fitness exercise to get the players up to speed and it was a good workout whilst allowing many of the returning players to get a good 60 minute workout in most cases.

Only other thing of note was a misplaced shot by Markovic which hit a poor unsuspecting steward and sent him tumbling, mildly amusing. :)

Really pleased about Lovren, he geniunley looked over-joyed at signing for us which is always great to see and I was really impressed with him last season, though no doubt Agger is on his way out now, Toure linked with a move to Turkey it would leave us with Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren (Maybe Illori) which is quite strong. (I'd prefer to keep Agger anyway)

Worried about the lack of real marquee links especially after the news that Remy was getting the number 7 shirt could hint that we weren't bringing in a top top attacker.

If we brought in Cavani god help us...he's absolute pish

Welcome to Liverpool Divock Origi :)

As stated in my response to Stu not long ago I am more than satisfied with this signing, plenty of potential, lots and lots of raw ability and definetly a player who with the right coaching could be me anything and under Rodgers you would expect that to happen.

A year on loan to develop wont do him any harm and the fee is also decent IMO.

Really pleased about Lovren' date=' he geniunley looked over-joyed at signing for us which is always great to see and I was really impressed with him last season, though no doubt Agger is on his way out now, Toure linked with a move to Turkey it would leave us with Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren (Maybe Illori) which is quite strong. (I'd prefer to keep Agger anyway)

Worried about the lack of real marquee links especially after the news that Remy was getting the number 7 shirt could hint that we weren't bringing in a top top attacker.

If we brought in Cavani god help us...he's absolute pish

LOL Other then Suarez and Torres you haven't had a better CF then him , playing in wing he scored 16 for PSG and before had 3 season in seria A with 25 goals per season average , it seems you have to be clueless to be a Liverpool fan .

LOL Other then Suarez and Torres you haven't had a better CF then him ' date=' playing in wing he scored 16 for PSG and before had 3 season in seria A with 25 goals per season average , it seems you have to be clueless to be a Liverpool fan .[/quote']

He's right though. Cavani isn't strong, hasn't got great positioning and doesn't really have the pace or the technique to beat his man. The only thing I'd definitely give him credit for is his work-rate.

He's just a glorified Chicharito with better heading when it comes to attacking.

LOL Other then Suarez and Torres you haven't had a better CF then him ' date=' playing in wing he scored 16 for PSG and before had 3 season in seria A with 25 goals per season average , it seems you have to be clueless to be a Liverpool fan .[/quote']

I've watched Cavani enough to realise when it comes to the big games he won't turn up. It's great getting your goals against the lower teams in the league as he did in Serie A and Ligue 1 but in the big matches that i've watched him in ie Champions League (Chelsea being a prime example) and the World Cup he's not been good enough.

Also seems to have a bit of an attitude problem if things aren't revolving around him, unlike Suarez I don't think he's worth the trouble.

Fowler,Owen,Rush and Toshack to name but four?

Agree he's not cack though,would be an interesting signing.

Origi has massive potential and a year to Lille is quality. Im fairly sure they are in the UCL and that a big thing. Origi is played at a right winger and for me thats a massive problem.

There has to be a clause saying he must play the majority of the games as a striker , otherwise the loan is pointless. Suso and Markovic are right sided players along with Sterling so hes gotta be a Striker.

Fowler' date='Owen,Rush and Toshack to name but four?

Agree he's not cack though,would be an interesting signing.[/quote']

Rush yes ,he is one of my favorites CF along Weah and Van Basten .

The onther just some decent strikers who won almost nothing...they are just club legends ,not global legends .