Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

2m is not worth it at all. There must be more to this otherwise i feel like its better to keep Reina.

At the end of the day i don't want Jones as the back up at all.

Reina would have been sat on the bench for another 2 years on £110k a week if you didn't sell. Suppose you can sign a new keeper on £50k a week, which isn't unreasonable at all. You're then making a saving of £60k a week for 104 weeks which works out at £6.24m. Add in the fee of £2m and you have plenty to sign a new backup. Plenty of keepers have moved so far this window so you'd have to imagine that some dislodged keepers are available.

Reina would have been sat on the bench for another 2 years on £110k a week if you didn't sell. Suppose you can sign a new keeper on £50k a week' date=' which isn't unreasonable at all. You're then making a saving of £60k a week for 104 weeks which works out at £6.24m. Add in the fee of £2m and you have plenty to sign a new backup. Plenty of keepers have moved so far this window so you'd have to imagine that some dislodged keepers are available.[/quote']

You act like Reina wouldn't play.

So many teams have the same situation going on like at Barc , Madrid , soon to be Bayern , Chelsea , Arsenal and others where there are two good first team keepers to play for the spot.

I understand the wages problem but its still worth a go for one year

You act like Reina wouldn't play.

So many teams have the same situation going on like at Barc ' date=' Madrid , soon to be Bayern , Chelsea , Arsenal and others where there are two good first team keepers to play for the spot.

I understand the wages problem but its still worth a go for one year[/quote']

He'd be a very expensive backup.

Those teams all have a much higher income than Liverpool.

2m is not worth it at all. There must be more to this otherwise i feel like its better to keep Reina.

At the end of the day i don't want Jones as the back up at all.

They needed Reina off the wage bill, they can't afford to spend those sort of wages on someone whose barely going to feature for them.

If he's not seen as their first choice then they are much better off getting rid of him and bringing in a younger back up on much lower wages who has the potential to step up to first choice long term if needed.

Shame. Doesnt encourage the likes of Ibe' date=' Rossiter and Robinson if the previous academy graduates (Morgan, Coady) get sold off.[/quote']

Well, what are you going to do if they're simply not good enough, Coady was already 21. And I'd say the youth players must have been encouraged by Sterling, Suso, Wisdom, Flanagan, Robinson, Ibe, Smith and Teixeira (and Brannagan & Rossiter to an extent).

Agger crying and begging to Rodgers to let him leave.

Boys has still got it but theres too many Cbs at Pool and someone needs to go

I somewhat think that perhaps the "crying and begging" headlines are just sensationalist to sell newspapers it is the Daily Mirror after all.

No doubt we have to many CB'S and maybe one or two need to move on for there own sake.

Sakho, Skrtel, Lovren are all safe as houses I would imagine so Agger,Coates, Ilori I think two of them will be on the move be it permanent or on loan.

"Falcao has been tipped to move this summer, but it was assumed that Real Madrid would be his obvious destination, with Manchester City also mentioned in more than passing.

The Metro is running with quotes from Italian journalist Mina Rzouki, who claims that a very good source has informed her that it is Liverpool are in the driving seat to sign the Colombian.

It's estimated that the 28-year-old is available on-loan with a view to a permanent deal which would suit Liverpool. "

Source: Football365

Falcao you say?

What was that - on loan with a view to a permanent deal?

In other news Kerry Katona refuses to do another Iceland Ad on grounds of Artistic Licence, DFS confirm no further sales and MP's campaign for expenses allowance to be removed.

The Metro :rolleyes:

My God' date=' I know you lot are hurting from the loss of Suarez but Falcao? Seriously.

There is no way Falcao will be going to Liverpool. He could have a choice of any prem league club if he wanted to.

I know you lot need a striker desperately but he is not your man. You lot tend to go for players like Remy, :o Bony, :o Lambert :o etc.

Those players don't come anywhere near Falcao's level. I wouldn't take anything 'the metro' prints seriously, although it is nice to dream.[/color']

My God' date=' I know you lot are hurting from the loss of Suarez but Falcao? Seriously.

There is no way Falcao will be going to Liverpool. He could have a choice of any prem league club if he wanted to.

I know you lot need a striker desperately but he is not your man. You lot tend to go for players like Remy, :o Bony, :o Lambert :o etc.

Those players don't come anywhere near Falcao's level. I wouldn't take anything 'the metro' prints seriously, although it is nice to dream.[/color']

As a neutral your post came across as incredibly arrogant as im sure it was intended too. My question is why be such a jerk?

Falcao probably won't be joining Liverpool, the Liverpool fans in here were just discussing the rumor and not saying it's going to happen so I'm not sure why you felt the need to let everyone know the obvious...

Also Liverpool are a massive club, so when you say a player would have a choice of all EPL clubs Liverpool would be high on that list due to their history, tradition and current excitement surrounding the team.

well he might go to city.

he is unlikely to be going to chelsea after their transfer dealings.

united won't be in for him and arent even in the UCL.

arsenal so far don't seem interested and its questionable whether he would suit their style of play since he doesn't get involved in build up play quite as much as giroud does.

that leaves city and liverpool as his only real destinations if he wanted a premier league move.

city may not be interested unless they offload first.

so tell me out of interest, if he could have his pick on any EPL club which would he realistically go to?

because liverpool is actually up there and it is indeed possible for him.

that said the rumour is total nonsense in my opinion, im just asking you to explain why you think liverpool have no pulling power to attract falcao when in reality, they are probably 2nd.

He won't be coming to join the almighty Man Utd for sure. He already missed one year of CL/EL football, he won't be missing another one or two or even three...

And when i say Falcão, i say Vidal, Reus, Cavani, whoever, i'm sure they would rather sign for Liverpool right now than almighty Man Utd.

I think Falcao's agent has probably got restless waiting for Real Madrid, so is using us to prompt Real into action. Hope I'm wrong though.

Real Madrid I imagine are waiting for the Di Maria sale to go through first, so if that breaks down who knows? Fun to speculate, especially as a loan deal would be very appealing to the player if for some reason Real didn't go in for him.

WOW!

Most hypocritical post so far this year?!

Tony belittling someone for posting a media transfer source, what happened to Toni Kroos Tony? Maybe you shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

WOW!

Most hypocritical post so far this year?!

Tony belittling someone for posting a media transfer source' date=' what happened to Toni Kroos Tony? Maybe you shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house.[/quote']

it was such a knee jerk response wasn't it! Even when underneath the posting of the media speculation I clearly called it as hyperbole with my talk of other things that would never happen. But he chose to post as if Liverpool fans were delusional and the Italian gossip was based on our belief we were getting him.

Honestly. I love this thread, love the gossip and the debate but the trolling is a little too much for me sometimes. If anyone posts a positive about the club, transfer speculation or thoughts on what we should be doing the third or fourth post is almost always from a non Liverpool fan decrying and finding the negative.

Just making a point really - I know the media always makes us sound like the victim and no doubt some smart alec will jump on this and somehow turn it into an anti Liverpool, "your so deluded", not a big club, watch the scouse fail next year, no right to opinion, nothing you say can be right because your Liverpool post but sometime I just wish those types would stick to their own team threads instead of wasting everyones time - or at least make it constructive people.

it was such a knee jerk response wasn't it! Even when underneath the posting of the media speculation I clearly called it as hyperbole with my talk of other things that would never happen. But he chose to post as if Liverpool fans were delusional and the Italian gossip was based on our belief we were getting him.

Honestly. I love this thread' date=' love the gossip and the debate but the trolling is a little too much for me sometimes. If anyone posts a positive about the club, transfer speculation or thoughts on what we should be doing the third or fourth post is almost always from a non Liverpool fan decrying and finding the negative.

Just making a point really - I know the media always makes us sound like the victim and no doubt some smart alec will jump on this and somehow turn it into an anti Liverpool, "your so deluded", not a big club, watch the scouse fail next year, no right to opinion, nothing you say can be right because your Liverpool post but sometime I just wish those types would stick to their own team threads instead of wasting everyones time - or at least make it constructive people.[/quote']

Yeah it was, i think everyone else could see that you hadn't posted as though it was a definite signing.