Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

News on your current LB situation anyway? Moreno joined yet? I can't even remember he's been talked about that much lol.

No idea, last I heard was from Tony Barrett when he said the fee was close, probably going to be a last minute thing if it goes through, although I think he have more pressing issues with the need for a striker, quite disappointed with the lack of names we've had.

No idea' date=' last I heard was from Tony Barrett when he said the fee was close, probably going to be a last minute thing if it goes through, although I think he have more pressing issues with the need for a striker, quite disappointed with the lack of names we've had.[/quote']

There are not many of the type and quality of player that are either available, will not cost a kings ransom be it fee/wages it really is quite difficult it is not as simple as people make out.

look at Falcao quoted a 10m loan fee and 12m for a seasons wages, no way in hell any sane club is gunna spend 22m on a year long loan, absolutely zero sense in that at all, especially when everybody knows his heart has been set on Real Madrid for ages.

Not to mention the fact he has just come back from a very serious injury and you never know if a player is going to be the same especially the serious type of injury he sustained.

Perfect scenario so far for me would have been to have Origi for this season, really looks a prospect to me and I would have been happy to place faith in him and Sturridge but alas not to be.

There really are not that many quality strikers available, it really is not as simple as people may think it is, and whoever we get in (I'm sure we will get somebody) there are no guarenteed in football, big fee, big wages don't always result in big success.

Letter from Pepe Reina, courtesy of Tony Barret:

"Around this time last year, I wrote a letter to say goodbye to Liverpool and the fans after I joined Napoli. Some people asked why I was doing it when I was only going on loan for a season and would be back within twelve months but the reality was that it was already clear to me that my time at Anfield was over. Liverpool had signed Simon Mignolet to be their new number one and I was being allowed to go out on loan so I wanted to take the opportunity to offer my thanks and bid farewell because I knew that I would not be back.

I suppose this is a bit of an update now that my departure has been confirmed and I want to take the opportunity to thank everyone at Liverpool – and I mean everyone – for everything that they have done for me over years. Last time, some of my words were misinterpreted and taken out of the context in which they were meant but it would never be my intention to leave Liverpool on anything but good terms so hopefully this will put that right once and for all.

I have been extremely fortunate to spend so many years at what I consider to be one of the greatest clubs in world football. It has been an honour and a privilege. The memories I have of Anfield, my team mates, the supporters and the people of Liverpool will stay with me forever. I am disappointed that I am leaving but only in the sense that I enjoyed being at the club so much and it is always difficult to say goodbye to something that is special to you. I will always be grateful to have played for Liverpool and my time at the club was always going to come to an end so we move on with no hard feelings.

All I can do now is look forward to a new adventure at Bayern Munich and being reunited with Pep Guardiola, who was my first captain at Barcelona. Hopefully I will enjoy being with them as much as I enjoyed being with Liverpool and again, I am fortunate to be going from one great club to another. I will return to at Anfield some time soon, though, only next time it will be as a fan rather than a player and I hope that when I do come back Liverpool will be challenging for the biggest trophies like they always should.

The final thing for me to do is to express my gratitude to everyone who has supported me in any way since I joined Liverpool in 2005 – all of the managers who I have played under, all of the players who I shared a dressing room with, all of the staff who helped me in so many ways and every single one of the fans who gave the team and myself the kind of backing that others can only dream of. I count myself as a Liverpudlian and I will be one for life.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,

Pepe"

Class.

Just going over some of the posts/comments made after my initial post on Falcao' date=' wow, just wow.

I had a feeling that as soon as I gave my thoughts in the Falcao story this thread would go red not.

I'm not sure why is it every time something is posted, that someone else does not like or want to hear you guys straight away throw the word 'trolling' around. My post was not a troll it was simply about Falcao coming to Liverpool.

My post was not meant to be arrogant at all, sorry some people read it that way.If you read my post in the beginning it clearly says Liverpool does not sign players like Falcao but players with pace such as Remy and Bony and Sturridg.

The whole Falcao story was not about believing what the papers say, or not, as I know I am one to take what papers say and talk about it. It was my opinion that was he was not coming to Liverpool despite where the source came from.

I don't know why there is any need for such negative comments. The post was just me having my thoughts on the story, trolling has nothing to do with it. I know the word is a easy solution to throw around when something is said that another doesn't like or want to hear, I was clearly on hand about the topic as was others, until they went of it and started about me

If Falcao comes to you lot or not is totally up to him,I for one think its a bit far fetched, although, it would be the perfect solution/replacement for Suarez as you lot have to really fulfilled that position.[/i']

I can't fault this post. Classy response.

Media bumpf from today:

Kolo Toure set to sign for Trabzonspor for 1.6M

Apparently bidding for Keita Baldé Diao, 24M the mooted price :eek:

Cavani is the main CF target according to Tim Vickery

Reus rumours circulating

Brad Smith goes to Swindon on loan

Rafa Paez to Bologna on loan, with a 2.4M fee option to purchase.

Philippe Coutinho has told Brazilian radio station Radio Tupi that Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is moulding him into a midfield general.

The radio presenter says “Speaking of improvement, I see you’re not that mild-mannered boy on the pitch anymore?”, to which Coutinho replies: “I owe thanks to Brendaõ (Brendan Rodgers) for that. After Wigan away, where I didn’t stop fighting – Brendan called me to office and told me he’s sure I can be a ‘volanté’ or a no. 8.”

The presenter then questions this development, saying it isn’t Coutinho’s natural game. Coutinho disagrees: “A number 8 role? Why not? I’m only a boy. Brendan showed me I can learn. Brendaõ said before Everton at Anfield, “do you have the fire?” Before Arsenal he told me to not give them peace. I gave no peace.

It (my physique) will be (suited). I’m working closely with my amigo Pedro Philippou (trainer) and (Ryland) Morgans. I look at my teammates too. I work with Joe (Allen) sometimes to see how he uses his body to protect the ball. He’s amazing at it.”

The midfielder then said that Rodgers had given him DVDs of Valderrama, Valeron, Rui Costa, Francescoli to study for holidays.

Before the interview finished, Coutinho was asked what he felt when he was excluded from the Brazil World Cup squad: “Anger. Not because I’m selfish, but because I could have offered something.

I’m going to use this anger and push myself to my limits. I saw how Luisito (Suárez) was a maniac in training. At this point, my body and mind feel like clay. I will mold it the way I envision, and I will use my fire to make them harder.”

Really liked that interview with Coutinho. Unlike a lot of players with a similar skill set, he isn't afraid of the physical side of the game. I think Coutinho in particular will shine in the CL games this season.

Also, I hope the name Brendaõ catches on.:P

Never said or herd anything about Cavani so you'll have to ask who ever mentioned him.

As for Falcao I think he would be a bit on the slow side for Liverpool' date=' meaning, they tend to have or go for players with a bit of pace.

Plus I think he would choose City ahead of Liverpool if it came down to money. That's my thoughts on it, I can't be anymore clearer.[/color']

Falcao wouldn't need pace if he's surrounded by pace. Besides, he is faster than most people make him out to be. After all, agility is a form of speed too.

Falcao wouldn't need pace if he's surrounded by pace. Besides' date=' he is faster than most people make him out to be. After all, agility is a form of speed too.[/quote']

Digging up post from over 2 days ago seriously?

He is not fast at all. Don't try to make something that isn't there, you have a habit of doing that.

Your telling me Falcao has pace? Once again, I'm not sure if it's SM is drunk or yourself.

Falcao does not have the pace that Liverpool players have or play with.

Sure, he can still play for Liverpool.

smileys-beer-316944.gif

Digging up post from over 2 days ago seriously?

He is not fast at all. Don't try to make something that isn't there' date=' you have a habit of doing that.

Your telling me Falcao has pace? Once again, I'm not sure if it's SM is drunk or yourself.

Falcao does not have the pace that Liverpool players have or play with.

Sure, he can still play for Liverpool.[/color']

smileys-beer-316944.gif

Let's look at it in another way.

Falcao is faster than Dzeko.

Falcao is faster than RvP.

Falcao is faster than Lukaku.

Falcao would probably narrowly lose to Diego Costa.

And despite Falcao probably losing to Cavani in the pace category, he (Cavani) is absolute pants in all other aspects of play, bar probably work rate.

However, his heading, despite having an inferior height, is much better, not to mention his finishing with both feet and his all-round play.

Besides, what is wrong with digging up the past?

However' date=' his heading, despite having an inferior height, is much better, not to mention his finishing with both feet and his all-round play.

Besides, what is wrong with digging up the past?[/quote']

Jeez, my arthritic Nan has more pace than Dzeko!

and none of these players play for liverpool or their game style.

to be fair to Tony he did not say Falcao is too slow to be a good striker.

he said he was too slow to carry on being prolific for liverpool.

the fact that none of those strikers played at liverpool means none of those players played in a system like liverpool.

falcao is slower than suarez, sterling, borini, coutinho, ibe.

lambert offers more in general build up play so again can't be compared.

poor comparison by you when you look at it in any depth.

and none of these players play for liverpool or their game style.

to be fair to Tony he did not say Falcao is too slow to be a good striker.

he said he was too slow to carry on being prolific for liverpool.

the fact that none of those strikers played at liverpool means none of those players played in a system like liverpool.

falcao is slower than suarez' date=' sterling, borini, coutinho, ibe.

lambert offers more in general build up play so again can't be compared.

poor comparison by you when you look at it in any depth.[/quote']

Speed isn't everything in football, and my comparison was simply to state that similar kind of players are doing good without necessarily having more pace than Falcao. None of those players might have played in Liverpool's 'system', but that's besides the point when you're trying to replace a player with another.

By the way, in no parallel universe is Borini faster than Falcao.