Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Speed isn't everything in football' date=' and my comparison was simply to state that similar kind of players are doing good without necessarily having more pace than Falcao. None of those players might have played in Liverpool's 'system', but that's besides the point when you're trying to replace a player with another.

By the way, in no parallel universe is Borini faster than Falcao.[/quote']

yeah i agree with that, its just i was actually sticking up for tony here where he was getting shot down for suggesting falcao's lack of pace would be a problem.

it would indeed be a problem for liverpool and it does matter because i doubt liverpool after spending 2 seasons trying to get this style of football finally working, would want to ruin that and start afresh with a new different system.

borini in terms of sprinting speed maybe its close but in terms of mobility and where they appear around the pitch borini is far, far more fluid in his movement than falcao who really is a classic CF.

I want whatever Coutinho had for breakfast this morning! Outstanding display, as has been the case all pre-season.

Him and Sterling have a massively important season ahead of them in terms of their own development and importance to the club, and I think they're up to it!

Lovren looks class, very very early days obviously, but then we could all see the class of Hyypia straight away when he first signed.

I know it is a friendly but Dortmund are a top side and we have absolutely ripped them to shreads.

The front three have been sensational, Coutinho has been absolute magic already a contender for three of the best passes I think you will see this season.

Always said Lovren will be great for us, just a leader and an organiser since Carra left we have missed that immensely.

Majestic really have been.

I was happy enough (I got married yesterday :)) but seeing this kinda display is so encouraging lets hope a sign of things to come.

I know it is a friendly but Dortmund are a top side and we have absolutely ripped them to shreads.

The front three have been sensational' date=' Coutinho has been absolute magic already a contender for three of the best passes I think you will see this season.

Always said Lovren will be great for us, just a leader and an organiser since Carra left we have missed that immensely.

I was happy enough (I got married yesterday :)) but seeing this kinda display is so encouraging lets hope a sign of things to come.[/quote']

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Raymondo!

I do hope the honeymoon is booked in for preseason.

Thank you Sir, the honeymoon is booked for next year (obviously once the season is over and Liverpool have secured the PL and Champions League double ;))

Had way to many doubles last night but that's a different story and we are off topic but cheers anyhow.

Has anybody got the latest on Alberto Moreno for obviously reasons I ain't seen much in the way of news the past few days??

The front three have been sensational' date=' Coutinho has been absolute magic already a contender for three of the best passes I think you will see this season.

I was happy enough (I got married yesterday :)) but seeing this kinda display is so encouraging lets hope a sign of things to come.[/quote']

Congrats mate, I knew the new Mrs Pauley was making an honest man of you just never realised it was soon.

I have heard a rumour the relationship will be consummated on the centre spot at Anfield.

Thank you Sir' date=' the honeymoon is booked for next year (obviously once the season is over and Liverpool have secured the PL and Champions League double ;))

Had way to many doubles last night but that's a different story and we are off topic but cheers anyhow.

Has anybody got the latest on Alberto Moreno for obviously reasons I ain't seen much in the way of news the past few days??[/quote']

Congratulations man. Now l know why you act so mature in the forum :P

in another news Coutinho what a player! and sterling is so fast it shocking

So today I went to Anfield to watch us versus Dortmund. I was very excited as I havent been to Anfield before. So we set off from Hull (Dont start) at 9 but because of an accident on the motorway we ended up getting into the stadium at 1 :( So we missed the first half and I was so gutted :( However I did enjoy the second half and thought we played really well. I've got a membership so Im going to get to as many games as I can this year as I really enjoyed the short amount I saw today.

P.S. Congrats Ray, while I have no interest in the concept of marriage, I understand it means a lot to most. Therefore, I hope you had a good wedding and are enjoying married life

And to think of it we'll have Lallana' date='Markovic and (hopefully) good striker on the bench to add from today squad,we have frightening frontline[/quote']

Hardly frightening, I would say Chelsea have a much scarier and frightening attacking line then you lot.

And they have a good striker already.

smileys-scare-143126.gif

Hardly frightening' date=' I would say Chelsea have a much scarier and frightening attacking line then you lot.

And they have a good striker already.[/color']

smileys-scare-143126.gif

Never realised Gozzy was making a comparison with Chelsea! I think Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge and Markovic (potential) along with potentially a.n. other forward is a frightening proposition in terms of creativity, pace and attacking flair. Test of time is how they fair as the season progresses.

Congratulations pal!

Never realised Gozzy was making a comparison with Chelsea! I think Coutinho' date=' Sterling, Sturridge and Markovic (potential) along with potentially a.n. other forward is a frightening proposition in terms of creativity, pace and attacking flair. Test of time is how they fair as the season progresses.[/font']

No he's not I am. Im comparing them to another team with a much stronger front line that would make another think that one isn't that scary.

Still a decent front line.