Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Sturridge-Balotelli-Sterling

Gerrard-Lucas/Can-Henderson

Moreno-Lovren-Skrtel-Flanagan

Mignolet

Not bad with Sakho' date=' Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic and Lambert around too.[/quote']

Methinks it'll look more like this:

Mignolet

Johnson - Skrtel - Lovren - Moreno

Gerrard

Coutinho - Henderson

Sterling

Balotelli - Sturridge

Ultimately as countless people have said before It comes down to Mario's attitude. He has all the ability in the world but there has yet been a manager to really control him other than Prandelli.

However, you just bought possibly other than Pirlo the face of Italian International Football. He's what, like only 24 years old, and the fee is nowhere that bad. 16 million LOL! Inter paid 10 million for the abysmal Pereira and 5.3 million for Schelotto. That is a great fee for him considering his last two moves were for 29.5 million and 20 million. Also, you guys are smart and pounced on the opportunity that Milan simply does not have alot of money.

He's shown that he can be world class at times but even this world cup and some friendlies I watched with Milan , He tends to disappear. Likewise him and Immobile up top were just urgh. They were very lack luster and not very impressive nor eye catching. He's got all the attributes to be a complete forward in all honesty.

What I have always been impressed with Liverpool is that you guys get the most out of your players. The likes of Coutinho, and Sturridge didn't get alot of oppurtunites at theire respective clubs but you put trust in them and that's something that Balotelli might have just thought of. Liverpool is young, and also has such a big market as one of the biggest and most historical teams in the EPL.

With Balotelli, you guys could play a 4-2-3-1 or also the 4-3-1-2. Maybe even a 3-5-2 if Rodgers still does that. 4-3-3 is still a possibility.

It's okay for people to still have fears over his erratic behavior. His attitude is interesting, his off the field antics entertaining to some, and his form erratic but when present is great. When Balo first came to Italy, He really helped Milan push into the 3rd place spot the two seasons ago. He's done some absolutely amazing stuff on the pitch.

Anyways with him, you probably get alot of jersey sales and marketing him is easy. It's Balotelli! and you guys are Liverpool!

Balotelli is basically a kid. Treat him well, and He'll do good. But, He needs a watchful eye and a fatherly figure.

Just give it some time before everyone makes assumptions. Just enjoy the Balotelli ride. It'll be fun.

And it was the biggest assist in Premier League history....

Dont really matter when we consider what he will bring to us.

It might indicate he is very selfish, can't link up with others, is incapable of being creative, little vision or finding a pass, being a team player etc etc...

Dont really matter when we consider what he will bring to us.

It might indicate he is very selfish' date=' can't link up with others, is incapable of being creative, little vision or finding a pass, being a team player etc etc...[/quote']

How about you just wait and see Ray before you kick up a fuss :P

I'm just having a discussion.....

Discussions on a forum? Ray please :P

I'm hoping him and Sturridge hit it off from what i've seen on twitter they both have similar interests/personality, quotes i've read from some Italian sources say that Rodgers is fully confident of dealing with Ballotelli, probably see the similar approach he gave Sterling last season. He's rather risk free, if he doesn't work out we can probably re-coup most of the fee we're paying and I don't think he's such an on the pitch problem like Suarez, I don't think he's too dangerous enough to damage our rep but more childish.

Bit gutted about the Balotelli news as I thought we might get him, but really happy to see him back in the EPL. On his day a fantastic player and think he will do well with Liverpool. Certainly a better signing than Lambert or Remy. Always worth watching him as you have no idea what he will do. Hopefully Brendan can calm him down and get him hungry, as theres alot of games where he just has no interest. Think its a fantastic fee too considering the market these days, even if he doesnt do well you will get the money back.

Would be awesome if he scored on his debut against City on Monday :P

I'm honestly very excited to see Sturridge and Ballo together' date=' hopefully Ballo will follow Sturridge example of how to really turn your career around and I am fully confident that Rodgers will get the best out of him.

Hopefully I'll see him freshers week :P[/quote']

Whilst he was at City he used to visit X in the City which is a strip club in Liverpool. I suspect the lovely young ladies there will be delighted to see him back.

Whilst he was at City he used to visit X in the City which is a strip club in Liverpool. I suspect the lovely young ladies there will be delighted to see him back.

Might be a bit lavish on a student budget, maybe I'll wait outside he might be doing handouts like he did in Manchester

Methinks it'll look more like this:

Mignolet

Johnson - Skrtel - Lovren - Moreno

Gerrard

Coutinho - Henderson

Sterling

Balotelli - Sturridge

I agree with that (possibly a different back four). I prefer Coutinho playing slightly deeper than right behind the strikers with Sterling in a 'free' role, Moreno and Manquillo bombing forward. I think that's really, really strong against the weaker teams who park the bus against us.

Carragher must have being high as he thinks Balo won't get into the Liverpool team :)

If he doesn't perform well, it won't be difficult to drop him because we've got other options. And Sturridge is still clearly the number 1 striker so if we want to play 4-3-3, he might not be in the starting lineup.