Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Think Balotelli is what you lot need. Perhaps not the first striker Liverpool would like to of bring in but 2nd no doubt.

Being in more comps this year will require you lot to have more fire power up front, considering Sturridge is bound to get fatigue or injured some time throughout the season.

I think he could turn out great for you lot and will def bang in a few goals no doubt. Whither or not Rogers will be able to tame this lad is a different story. He has played under some good managers and has always managed to get of track and become a pest. I personally don't think Rogers has the mind frame or ability to keep him cool and calm.

If there was ever a manager who could just bring the best out or Mario and make him see his full potential with out the things he does on the side it would be Sir Alex.

Think Balotelli is what you lot need. Perhaps not the first striker Liverpool would like to of bring in but 2nd no doubt.

Being in more comps this year will require you lot to have more fire power up front' date=' considering Sturridge is bound to get fatigue or injured some time throughout the season.

I think he could turn out great for you lot and will def bang in a few goals no doubt. Whither or not Rogers will be able to tame this lad is a different story. He has played under some good managers and has always managed to get of track and become a pest. [b']I personally don't think Rogers has the mind frame or ability to keep him cool and calm.[/b]

If there was ever a manager who could just bring the best out or Mario and make him see his full potential with out the things he does on the side it would be Sir Alex.

Are you basing this on anything? He has a very good track record of getting the best out of his players, even the difficult ones, and I can't think of a better manager to handle him than Rodgers. The only players he's not improved are basically ones that have already been declining + Borini.

I'm not going to go off on one about how this is a terrible post and all because I think you bring up something quite interesting.

Sir Alex Ferguson had no time for trouble makers other than probably Keane, and he is most certainly an exception to the rule.

As soon as a player was causing trouble at Utd, or had their head turned by other clubs they were gone, no-one was bigger than SAF so I think on this occasion that you are slightly wrong about this.

I think Rodgers is the perfect manager for Balotelli, man management skills at the highest level and patience in abundance, I think he could be the manager to finally bring out Balotelli's undoubted potential that has been simmering there for a few years, dare I say the arguably unplayable Balotelli of Euro 2012?

Being in more comps this year will require you lot to have more fire power up front' date=' considering Sturridge is bound to get fatigue or injured some time throughout the season.

I think he could turn out great for you lot and will def bang in a few goals no doubt. Whither or not Rogers will be able to tame this lad is a different story. He has played under some good managers and has always managed to get of track and become a pest. I personally don't think Rogers has the mind frame or ability to keep him cool and calm.

If there was ever a manager who could just bring the best out or Mario and make him see his full potential with out the things he does on the side it would be Sir Alex.[/i']

You are the gift that keeps on giving. I'm not gonna go on too much as Ash and Suso have pretty much covered what I want to say.

Fergie just sold troublemakers rather than work with them. And I don't think Rodgers has had to deal with anyone aside from Suarez and I'd suggest he dealt with him pretty well. It was likely a mixture of Rodgers and Gerrard that kept Suarez at the club last summer, I'd argue a lot of managers wouldn't have possessed the man management skills to keep him at the club for another season

Are you basing this on anything? He has a very good track record of getting the best out of his players' date=' even the difficult ones, and I can't think of a better manager to handle him than Rodgers. The only players he's not improved are basically ones that have already been declining + Borini.[/quote']

Im not saying he isn't good at getting the best out of players, I'm saying he won't be the best to tame him, to control him etc.

I'm not going to go off on one about how this is a terrible post and all because I think you bring up something quite interesting.

Sir Alex Ferguson had no time for trouble makers other than probably Keane' date=' and he is most certainly an exception to the rule.

As soon as a player was causing trouble at Utd, or had their head turned by other clubs they were gone, no-one was bigger than SAF so I think on this occasion that you are slightly wrong about this.

I think Rodgers is the perfect manager for Balotelli, man management skills at the highest level and patience in abundance, I think he could be the manager to finally bring out Balotelli's undoubted potential that has been simmering there for a few years, dare I say the arguably unplayable Balotelli of Euro 2012?[/quote']

Ash, Sir Alex got rid of the players that he did yes, but they won't players like Balotelli, they had different issues much different to what Mario has.

Im not saying he isn't good at getting the best out of players' date=' I'm saying he won't be the best to tame him, to control him etc.[/color']

Genuinely interested in why you think this? I'm honestly asking for a good explanation as to why this is.

Ash' date=' Sir Alex got rid of the players that he did yes, but they won't players like Balotelli, they had different issues much different to what Mario has.[/color']

You said SAF would be the only manager to manage Balotelli properly but at the first sign of trouble he sold players (excluding Keane, who he just plainly couldn't sell at the time).

Balotelli is flamboyant that's all, and its mainly off the pitch too, if Rodgers and Liverpool can guide him off the pitch, he will perform off the pitch, its quite simple really.

Genuinely interested in why you think this? I'm honestly asking for a good explanation as to why this is.

Hasn't faced anyone like him' date=' in the slightest.

[/color']

You said SAF would be the only manager to manage Balotelli properly but at the first sign of trouble he sold players (excluding Keane, who he just plainly couldn't sell at the time).

Balotelli is flamboyant that's all, and its mainly off the pitch too, if Rodgers and Liverpool can guide him off the pitch, he will perform off the pitch, its quite simple really.

Thats a big IF. I'll leave it there.

dare I say the arguably unplayable Balotelli of Euro 2012?

LOL. :D How single moments can make people forget the big picture so completely! Unplayable Balotelli of Euro 2012? the Balotelli who was bashed by all Italian media for his abysmal performances in the group stage? The Balotelli who managed to lose the ball even when he received it several meters behind the defence line? The Balotelli who after another shocker against Croatia lost his starting spot to Di Natale, before getting it back after Di Natale was completely useless against the mighty Ireland? The Balotelli who not once posed a threat to Spain in the final?

Just because Balotelli had 2 great moments in one match against Germany (and yes, he was substituted on second half because he did nothing during it), doesn't mean he was unplayable. He was largely outplayed throughout the tournament.

I dont get what you mean? Hasn't faced anyone like him?

LOL. :D How single moments can make people forget the big picture so completely! Unplayable Balotelli of Euro 2012? the Balotelli who was bashed by all Italian media for his abysmal performances in the group stage? The Balotelli who managed to lose the ball even when he received it several meters behind the defence line? The Balotelli who after another shocker against Croatia lost his starting spot to Di Natale' date=' before getting it back after Di Natale was completely useless against the mighty Ireland? The Balotelli who not once posed a threat to Spain in the final?

Just because Balotelli had 2 great moments in one match against Germany (and yes, he was substituted on second half because he did nothing during it), doesn't mean he was unplayable. He was largely outplayed throughout the tournament.[/quote']

I did say arguably :)

Im not saying he isn't good at getting the best out of players' date=' I'm saying he won't be the best to tame him, to control him etc.[/color']

I don't think anyone can tame him ie. change him. He's always going to be a bit of a loose cannon but what I think is possible is for a manager to get him to perform somewhat consistently and be a valuable player for the team. And that's what I think Rodgers can do, better than just about any other manager I can think of.

Who do you think RIGHT NOW will be the best manager to tame Balotelli,if any, then? Fergie isn't the best person when it comes to difficult and unique character either. Keane and Cantona probably two difficult character he can handle and keep but Beckham,Stam,Van Nistelrooy,Tevez immediately being shipped out as soon as they clashed with Fergie

Rodgers handled Suarez alright. Likewise he called Sterling out and he's it looked back. I don't really see why Balotelli should cause any huge issues on the pitch. All of his antics tend to be off field. He was universally loved within the City dressing room.

Oh yeah?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2270166/Mario-Balotelli-leaving-Manchester-City--missed.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mario-balotelli-training-ground-scrap-3344561

And that's only few of his alteractions with team mates and awful on pitch antics. the number of matches he has spent diving to get penalties instead of even trying to score an in-play goal is ridiculous.

Balotelli 2-1 Germany :P

Plus he was very dangerous vs England.

Joint top scorer & all that.

Joint top scorer with 3 goals, one of them at last minute against already lost Ireland. Sure he had his 2 moments against Germany, but that was all that was good about him.

I used to expect a lot from him, too, when he was in Inter, and forgave a lot of his ill-behavior, but the truth is that the hype around him is way unwarranted and he has never put up even half a season of performances worth even the question of is he a top striker. In fact, let's see if he can make one whole match first. He has provided many seasons of bad to mediocre performances, and because of a couple of crazy goals here and there he is thought to be a top striker? Many strikers do that without anybody thinking they're world class. I know that it is partly because he used to be a big prospect. But now he looks like one of those who have a great future behind them, and even at best his merits consists of just glimpses of that prospect that he still makes his career on. The only way his merits, what he has actually done in his career, justify that £16M price tag, is that Long justifies his £12M price. Maybe that's how one should think about it.

And even then, supposing the player will be benched for most of the time, I would rather have a utility player like Long, than a trouble maker like Balo. Having a guy like him on bench can be a big negative.

I like how everyone thinks rodger will handle Balotelli. let just wait and see :P

Considering Mancini is his hero and is like a father figure to him he didn't always show respect so yes we wait and see but i think it's time to leave him be it's actually a very boring subject his behaviour. I do see it working for him at LIVERPOOL though as because he'll be made to make more runs in that fast paced youthful side. He simply cannot be lazy or it's the end for him in terms of any big club taking him on.

Considering Mancini is his hero and is like a father figure to him he didn't always show respect so yes we wait and see but i think it's time to leave him be it's actually a very boring subject his behaviour. I do see it working for him at LIVERPOOL though as because he'll be made to make more runs in that fast paced youthful side. He simply cannot be lazy or it's the end for him in terms of any big club taking him on.

So you're saying it's finally the end of him?

If there was ever a manager who could just bring the best out or Mario and make him see his full potential with out the things he does on the side it would be Sir Alex.[/i]

jeezeuuss cripes you sure you know your onions?

He just used to shove em out the door...