Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Joao Carlos Teixeira is tearing up the championship!

He has started fantastically well, great place for him to be Sami will look after him and with his contacts here will obviously know all about his qualities.

The kid does have class and will be a great year for him, at a decent championship club, regular games, a manager who has faith in him for him personally can only be good news for his development.

It will be tough for him to make it here at Liverpool IMO but he can certainly be a top level player.

Hoping to see Moreno start tonight. Even if he turns out to be rubbish, it would be a massive achievement for him to be worse than Johnson, and in a game of such important it's a risk worth taking as Johnson simply doesn't offer anything except the chance for the opposition to own whichever flank he's playing on.

Hopefully Can comes in for Lucas, his strength is a presence that will be needed against the City midfield. I just have that nervy suspicion Brendan is gonna stick Allen in ahead of him though :o

Markovic off the bench could prove to be massive if he's all that he's made out to be, and I think our best chance of scoring will be on the break so his pace will be very effective.

Markovic and Moreno are expected to debut tonight, whether that is off the bench or starting i'm not sure.

Think Allen and Can are the best options to join Henderson and Gerrard in midfield though I believe it would be cruel to give Can a debut in a match of such magnitude, Allen usually has a good game against the big clubs I remember he was a stand out player against Chelsea and City in the first fixtures before New Year, having Can on the bench to come on if Allen does his classic disappearance act seems a better option.

Not expecting much from the game will be happy if we managed to get a point, it'll be good to have got two of our usual banana skin matches out the way so early.

Hoping for a Balotelli announcement later today.

Good morning Moreno. Class last 5 minutes from City.

Very similar to what we did against Newcastle. Happy for Liverpool to have possession so long as they didn't create any good chances, then put the foot on the gas for the last 5/10 minutes of the half.

I think you've played reasonably well but you can't dither like that against attackers like City have. The second half should be interesting with you maybe countering more as we'll be happy to see much more of the ball with the lead in the bag.

Hope you've got Moreno's receipt :o

But on a serious note - scary. Liverpool's strongest possible XI is arguably the third best behind City's & Chelsea's so seeing them torn apart is shocking. Defensive liabilities aside, the top two are a tier above 'Pool, Arsenal and Everton, impossible to imagine a top two outside of 'em.

E:

lol