Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

The man has YNWA tatooed on his knuckles, big and bold. He wasnt the best player weve ever had, he wasnt even one of the best CB's, but he became lFC thorugh and through, was as committed through the bad times as he was the good times. He was a terrific player and remains bith National and European standard in my eyes. With him and Carragher gone, the role of the remaining players that have served the club for a good few years becomes ever more important - we still need those folks that bleed LFC and Agger was certainly one.

Legend. Simple as.

There would be plenty of sides who would be prepared to pay at the very least double what we got for him' date=' even at that price he represents terrific value.

The reason he has gone to Brondby is because that is the only club he wanted to join and good luck to him.[/quote']

For that transfer fee, maybe. With the wages he'd ask for, maybe not. He was on £65k a week at Liverpool and few clubs outside continental competitions can pay that much, and I'm not sure he's good enough for sides in continental competitions.

For Brondby, I'm betting he's slashed his wage demands.

The man has YNWA tatooed on his knuckles' date=' big and bold. He wasnt the best player weve ever had, he wasnt even one of the best CB's, but he became lFC thorugh and through, was as committed through the bad times as he was the good times. He was a terrific player and remains bith National and European standard in my eyes. With him and Carragher gone, the role of the remaining players that have served the club for a good few years becomes ever more important - we still need those folks that bleed LFC and Agger was certainly one.

Legend. Simple as.[/quote']

Great stuff Ed. Totally agree with this, we need players who carry the clubs passion and the numbers are dwindling

Manquillo' date=' Lovren, Sakho, Moreno as the backline tomorrow.

Be good to see how Lovren and Sakho get on.[/quote']

Hmmm not sure it would be smart to play 4 players who have barely played together against our (bar last season) bogey team, especially a completely new centre-back partnership. I expect going up against Spurs will be a completely different game this season they look a much better outfit than last year and we don't have a settled line-up either. I'd be happy with the draw especially being away from home, in the grand scheme of things 4 points from our opening three is poor but to get two of our hardest away games out the way should allow us to build. Hope Balotelli debuts it may be the spark we need to get the win.

Hmmm not sure it would be smart to play 4 players who have barely played together against our (bar last season) bogey team' date=' especially a completely new centre-back partnership. I expect going up against Spurs will be a completely different game this season they look a much better outfit than last year and we don't have a settled line-up either. I'd be happy with the draw especially being away from home, in the grand scheme of things 4 points from our opening three is poor but to get two of our hardest away games out the way should allow us to build. Hope Balotelli debuts it may be the spark we need to get the win.[/quote']

It's exactly the back-four I'd play. Skrtel, Johnson, Flanagan & Enrique all injured or short of match fitness. It doesn't leave us with a lot of options and I think that's our strongest back-four on paper.

Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Markovic, Sturridge & Sterling rumoured to be the rest of the starting lineup.

It doesn't sound nice but I think it's a blessing in disguise that Johnson and Skrtel are injured. Skrtel is just really, really average and I don't really need to say anything about Johnson, do I? Hope Sakho and Manquillo get to a good run of form so Rodgers doesn't put Skrtel/Johnson straight in the starting lineup when they come back.

Am I the only one who thinks Mario will start? BR has already said he's in fantastic shape and he's played in the Prem before. Unleash the beast I say :P

Going to be a big game for both teams. You lot of the back of a loss' date=' Spurs in great form in the league and in Europe.

Would love to see Mario start. Aka the beast. Game of the round no doubt. As a neutral I'll be sitting back enjoying a drink watching this one.[/color']

smileys-cheers-788801.gif

Excited to see Markovic today. Coutinho deserve to be dropped and it's great we have option now. Between Markovic and Balotelli today for starting spot,but i think Markovic will edge it for today as he has impressive debut. Can't wait to see Mario and Lallana too though

Balotelli or Lambert needs to start. Sturridge is a much bigger threat when he has a partner creating space for him. We saw that last season with Suarez and both times Lambert has come on in the last two games we have looked more dangerous going forward (or at least when we did go forward against City)

Exactly the lineup I was hoping for. Pretty much identical to the one I posted the other day except Lallana is injured:( But ye I think it's going to work. Maybe the back line will be a bit sloppy as there's three new players plus one who hasn't got a proper season under his belt with the club yet. However with time I think this is going to work.