Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

This diamond formation should work for you. Sterling excelled in that number 10 last season. Looking forward to how it works with Balotelli

I worry about the protection that that midfield can offer to an unfamiliar defence. If Eriksen and Lamela can find gaps, they can be very dangerous.

Did anyone else find BR reaction to the Balotelli effort really funny? :D

Sterling could be our most influential player atm, it really is frightening to see how much this lad has improved and how good he could be. Need another one tho cus I'd be surprised if we kept them out.

Gerrard has been very very average. I'm sorry but we need a proper defensive mid' date=' whether that means dropping Gerrard or putting him somewhere else isn't for me to decide, but even his passing which is supposed to be one of the best parts of his game has been so sloppy.[/quote']

It is poor performance by his standard.

Fully expect BR to give him a proper walk up call during the half time.

Thrilled with Mario so far - superb attitude, superb work rate - man I don't think you'd ever have seen him making a clearance from RB for Manchester City - if he keeps this up, ill be over the moon!

Sloppy passing game from us, but when we get going forward we are breaking with such pace its scary, another goal will make me breath off a bit. Moreno and Sterling on the counter would be nice.

Incredible finish by Moreno great to see him bounce back after his mistake last week. Manquillo has been fantastic as well. It's no coincidence our defence is much better when Johnson doesn't play.
Its no coincidence either that we are so much better on the attack without Johnson pausing and going backwards. I'm sure Johnson will be back next week though.... unfortunately.

Lovren and Sakho were sloppy but I'm confident if they are given the chance to consistently play together they will improve.

It's going to be tough for Flanagan to get back into the team especially with Enrique back from injury now.

I'd much rather see Flannagan in the side than Johnson, sell Johnson to Hull or somebody. Not up to scratch going forward, no invention in the man - I doubt it'll happen though as he's one of the more senior members of the squad.

Has anything more come out regarding Manquillo after his 2 year loan?

We have option to buy him around 6-8m i think (not remember the exact price),but Barcelona actually have first option on him too as clause for David Villa transfer from what i remember,so not sure how that'll actually work out.

Good performance today. Sturridge looks more comfortable when he has striker partner as he can make run and there will still be Balotelli in the box. Balotelli is hardworking too,moving out to wing and helping defence sometimes,Rodgers clearly give instruction to him to work hard aswell,showing strength in some buildup aswell,poor shoot when Lloris come off his goal,but overall it's promising sign from him.

Manquillo and Moreno looks comfortable today. Very hardworking,not getting beaten easily and Moreno especially making some good run and taking his goal brilliantly. WHL seems good venue for our leftback to score his first goal :D.

Critical save from Mignolet from Chadli at 1-0 aswell so credit to him after tough job at City. Sakho and Lovren partnership far from convincing,buildup to Chadli chance is worrying as both go to same ball,but clean sheet is good way to begin the partnership and i hope this partnership will continue.

And Sterling,what a player he has been. I thought when he was breakingthrough the first team,he'll just be speedy winger (who to be honest we absolutely lack before him) ala Lennon but his all round play has improved so much. Intelligence,creativity,composure,decision making and now he's no longer the player who missed so much chance,scary to remember he's still 19

I'd much rather see Flannagan in the side than Johnson' date=' sell Johnson to Hull or somebody. Not up to scratch going forward, no invention in the man - I doubt it'll happen though as he's one of the more senior members of the squad.[/quote']

I made no reference to Johnson. My comment was aimed at the fact that Manquillo had a good game, Moreno had a very good game, and Enrique has now returned from injury, and once he regains his match sharpness will probably be favoured over Flanagan due to his experience, especially for the CL.