Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

As expected, Gerrard up his game in the second half and right fully ended the game as the record holder for the penalty goals.

Sterling, Lovren and Moreno were superb.

Sterling need to work on his decision making other than that he was himself, lively to watch.

Lovren was really good, couple of shady moment, but he recovered well. And thought he was really calm in the box. But should stop the shirt pulling act tho. Risky, on the other day, penalty would be given against him.

Thought Moreno already 'bounce back' during the second half of City game. He was good going forward, bursting pace. I think he will be bargain for the price we signed him for.

Special mention for Markovic, he was really calm and full of confidence, looks like he will suited well for high pressure game. Can't wait to see he start the game next time.

I'd much rather see Flannagan in the side than Johnson' date=' sell Johnson to Hull or somebody. Not up to scratch going forward, no invention in the man - I doubt it'll happen though as he's one of the more senior members of the squad.[/quote']

Johnson not going to be too easy to sell I'd imagine, on a hefty wage and a bit of a laughing stock.

Liverpool looked great going forward today, Sterling is going to be some player.

I'd like to see Can start' date=' think he's a real presence and a powerful runner on the ball. Feel much more comfortable with him in the side above Allen. BR has some decisions to make this season which is lovely.[/quote']

I think he'll be eased in to the starting XI. It's good to have 3rd midfielder in difficult-ish fixture and i think Can will play that role this season. Allen has got more gametime and didn't play bad in City and today games so he deserve to start but you can see Can edge Allen in strength and that'll be asset. In easier fixture, Lallana/Coutinho will play as 3rd midfielder. It's awesome to have option on personnal and tactical selection

Johnson not going to be too easy to sell I'd imagine' date=' on a hefty wage and a bit of a laughing stock.

[/quote']

Yea, no one is going to match his current wage with the way he's been playing, Liverpool certainly aren't that's the only reason he hasn't signed on. Wouldn't be surprised if he just lets his contract wind down and make the most of the massive wage he's getting before leaving on a free, won't really make a difference to the quality of his next club.

Madrid have weakened in my opinion, I'd prefer Diego Lopez, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria and Morata to Casillas, Kroos, James and Hernandez.

I think Liverpool have a very good chance against Real Madrid, infact I could see them blitzing them like they did last season to sides like Tottenham and Arsenal. Defensively their positioning is all over the place and I think the typical runs from Sterling and Sturridge could easily open them up.

Fantastic display today, the team was really well balanced, the football we played was very easy on the eye, very fluid and were by far the better side and worthy of the three points.

Sterling was magnificent, as was Moreno who basically reminds me of Jordi Alba in the way he plays, he is going to be terrific in this League my opinion just in two games has changed watching him up close, he is very good and his defensive aspects were just as impressive.

Bar his finishing Mario had a very good debut, held the ball up well, seemed to be a few tricks and combinations with Sturridge already that was encouraging and he put in a real shift for the side.

MOTM for me though by a long way was Hendo he was magnificent today, his use of the ball his energy, the quality of his passing, he ran the midfield really has become so so vital to us first name on e team sheet nowadays.

Not sharing some of the love in for Lovren, big fan but today he was erratic he dived to ground on numerous occasions foolishly being skinned, has to stay on his feet, just invites trouble and him and Sakho looked a but shaky to say the least but they did get better as the game went on.

Still excellent display and shows just what I said on the Tottenham thread the other week the sheer over hyping of them because they beat West Ham and QPR was laughable, there was a gulf in class today, nothing has changed e same problems still exist for them and Pocchetino ain't gunna solve them in such a short space of time.

Fantastic display today' date=' the team was really well balanced, the football we played was very easy on the eye, very fluid and were by far the better side and worthy of the three points.

Sterling was magnificent, as was Moreno who basically reminds me of Jordi Alba in the way he plays, he is going to be terrific in this League my opinion just in two games has changed watching him up close, he is very good and his defensive aspects were just as impressive.

Bar his finishing Mario had a very good debut, held the ball up well, seemed to be a few tricks and combinations with Sturridge already that was encouraging and he put in a real shift for the side.

[b']MOTM for me though by a long way was Hendo he was magnificent today, his use of the ball his energy, the quality of his passing, he ran the midfield really has become so so vital to us first name on e team sheet nowadays.[/b]

Not sharing some of the love in for Lovren, big fan but today he was erratic he dived to ground on numerous occasions foolishly being skinned, has to stay on his feet, just invites trouble and him and Sakho looked a but shaky to say the least but they did get better as the game went on.

Still excellent display and shows just what I said on the Tottenham thread the other week the sheer over hyping of them because they beat West Ham and QPR was laughable, there was a gulf in class today, nothing has changed e same problems still exist for them and Pocchetino ain't gunna solve them in such a short space of time.

yep thoroughly agree, loved his aggression in the first half, doing the dirty work that no one else has seemed to pick up on. He really is going to be a maintain in the side for a very very long time.

Allen was effective today, good to see him performing well, rather leave him in the side than blood Can to quick as the trio today worked brilliantly.

Mario should of buried at least a chance, but that was very positive.

Moreno still worries me defensively, but that could of been the fact Lovren & Sakho didnt cover themselves in glory today, but wow what yet another outlet for goals. You remember the hashed clearance spooned in the air from Kaboul(?) and we broke forward, Moreno bust his gut and was the furthest forward but Sterling i think couldnt play him in.

Set piece delivery was excellent in the first half, i think we will score quite a few from corners and indirect free kicks, some good height and power in there - Lovren, Ballo, Sakho which seemed to lack last season.

Refreshing to see us with two good full-backs, isn't it? And without Skrtel, too.

Dan Kennett @DanKennett ยท 11h

under Rodgers #LFC have kept 9 clean sheets in the 15 EPL matches that Martin Skrtel has not started. Includes the last FIVE in a row.

Since the x3 1-0 wins at start of 2013/14, #LFC have only kept 8 clean sheets in 38 EPL matches.

Lovren and Sakho made some mistakes but for the most part they were exactly the kind of mistakes that happen when you're trying out a new partnership. Let them gel and I think that's potentially a very good partnership. Keep in mind that Sakho had very little match fitness, so it was to be expected that he would make 1 or 2 mistakes.

6 points from the first 3 games is a decent start (7 would have been ideal) considering those three teams are all top half sides and two of the more difficult ones were away. At the moment, I don't see a reason why we won't finish in the top 3.

MOTM for me though by a long way was Hendo he was magnificent today' date=' his use of the ball his energy, the quality of his passing, he ran the midfield really has become so so vital to us first name on e team sheet nowadays.[/quote']

Remember when everyone used to laugh at his fee? I'd be happy to pay it again if we had too.

Isn't that what he's always been?

Whenever I watched him he was at RM and I watched quite a lot of him as well.

Edit: Just type in Jordan Henderson Right Midfield and loads of it will come up, I've just done it and it says he played a Right mid alot more than central and when he did he was just covering for Cattermole.

Edit: Just type in Jordan Henderson Right Midfield and loads of it will come up' date=' I've just done it and it says he played a Right mid alot more than central and when he did he was just covering for Cattermole.[/quote']

:D:D:D:rolleyes:

:D:D:rolleyes:;)

I remember having conversations with many on this thread on how Di Maria and Falcao would never sign for Liverpool and being told to stop trolling.

I also remember being told that if they wouldn't sign for Liverpool United had no chance.

Just thought I'd remind you all of what a currently 14th placed side, not in the Champions league can do in the transfer market compared the mighty Liverpool.

;)

In other news do you think anyone will be signed by Liverpool today?

I remember having conversations with many on this thread on how Di Maria and Falcao would never sign for Liverpool and being told to stop trolling.

I also remember being told that if they wouldn't sign for Liverpool United had no chance.

Just thought I'd remind you all of what a currently 14th placed side' date=' not in the Champions league can do in the transfer market compared the mighty Liverpool.

;)

In other news do you think anyone will be signed by Liverpool today?[/quote']

Money talks. You were willing to pay crazy money. Nobody else was desperate enough to. We certainly weren't desperate enough to pay 20 mil for a year for falcao. If it works then well played but it all seems a little desperate to me

Edit: Just type in Jordan Henderson Right Midfield and loads of it will come up' date=' I've just done it and it says he played a Right mid alot more than central and when he did he was just covering for Cattermole.[/quote']

Ahh I see what you mean now, I knew he played right midfield a lot before but I think he was naturally a central player in youth teams. I thought you meant like he was an AM/DM or something as opposed to box to box.