Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I remember having conversations with many on this thread on how Di Maria and Falcao would never sign for Liverpool and being told to stop trolling.

I also remember being told that if they wouldn't sign for Liverpool United had no chance.

Just thought I'd remind you all of what a currently 14th placed side' date=' not in the Champions league can do in the transfer market compared the mighty Liverpool.

;)

In other news do you think anyone will be signed by Liverpool today?[/quote']

Yeh we are really bothered mate, :rolleyes:

So you come on here. and have a go at people for suggesting signing Falcao was unrealistic, do I have to quote your post on the United thread yesterday about it?? So basically having a go at members of this thread when you were doing just the same, talk about Hypocrisy typical Mancs :P

The only reason you have got him is because Madrid decided they didn't want him, same with other clubs and nobody else is crazy enough to pay between 6-12m loan fee (depending what report you believe) near enough 10M in wages so the best part of 20m for a player for a year, a player recovering from a serious injury with no GUARENTEE he is the player he was.....

The reality is this mass last spending spree on basically anybody who might be available is born of desperation, desperation of how rubbish you suddenly realise you have become.....

Dress it up anyway you like but it is reality and you still ain't addressed the issues you really needed to.

I think one of the big points to come out of that game is that Spurs were a lot better than they were last season' date=' but we still beat them comfortably on the scoreboard.[/quote']

They ain't, same Spurs same problems...

Remember when everyone used to laugh at his fee? I'd be happy to pay it again if we had too.

I was one if his biggest critics (although in fairness he was played out of position at RM at the time) but he has rapidly improved ever since Brendon got hold of him and has really educated Hendo' date=' so tactically aware and a fantastic player now he really is.

Whenever I watched him he was at RM and I watched quite a lot of him as well.

Edit: Just type in Jordan Henderson Right Midfield and loads of it will come up, I've just done it and it says he played a Right mid alot more than central and when he did he was just covering for Cattermole.

Hendo played RM a lot for Sunderland and was there nearly all through his first season here, as mentioned above it is only really since Brendon came in he got a real run in the centre of Midfield and boy has he took it.

Fee agreed between us and QPR for Borini apparently. Between £12m and £13m depending on where you read.

Now just have to see if he wants to leave ...

Yep hopefully he goes, best for all parties, although I feel sorry for Sunderland Borini has led them right up the Garden Path and shown them a lack of respect if he was not gunna join he should have told them weeks ago, although Poyet must be fairly Gulliable as well no player keeps you hanging for six weeks if he wants to join you....

Speaking of Sunderland Coates moved there on loan for a year, be interesting to see if he can get a run in the side and finally have a real chance to show what he can do in the PL, good move for him I think.

No news on Lucas who I though might be going, if there is gunna be a late bit if news might well be on him I would imagine.

Just thought I'd remind you all of what a currently 14th placed side' date=' not in the Champions league can do in the transfer market compared the mighty Liverpool.

;)

[/quote']

United are paying Falcao's £364k a week wages in full.

For a year.

With no discernable profit to be made on the player at the end.

For a player that has yet to play 1 minute in the champions league.

And whose ambition is to follow the money.

So what we are learning is............United are able to buy the costliest mercenaries in football.

Its like watching Portsmouth United with Louis Van Redknapp in charge.

So, yeah. Well done United.

United are paying Falcao's £364k a week wages in full.

For a year.

With no discernable profit to be made on the player at the end.

For a player that has yet to play 1 minute in the champions league.

And whose ambition is to follow the money.

So what we are learning is............United are able to buy the costliest mercenaries in football.

Its like watching Portsmouth United with Louis Van Redknapp in charge.

So' date=' yeah. Well done United.[/quote']

Apparently only paying £180k per week (only!) :)

Daniel Agger's open letter to The Echo:-

""Liverpool has been such a big part of my life and my family’s lives for so long that leaving is extremely difficult.

I’ll start by saying that Liverpool fans constantly keep surprising me. Since the news broke about the transfer, I have received so many positive messages and well-wishing for the future – not just from supporters in Liverpool but across the world.

My family and I have always felt your backing, it is something unique to this football club, this city and our supporters – it’s been a privilege to have represented this club and I’m forever thankful for everything I have learnt during my time here.

When I joined this great club, I came here as a 21 year old boy with a lot to learn. Liverpool has helped me grow up and shape me into the man I am today. I’m proud of who I’ve become and I wouldn’t be the person I am today without my time at Liverpool.

I’ve been honoured to live in this close knit city and my experiences as a Liverpudlian are unforgettable. I’d finally like to wish the club all the best for this season. I’ll be supporting you every step of the way, as will millions of others. You’ll Never Walk Alone."

Class lad, sure we wish him all the best.

Borini looks like it ain't happening........

Seriously we just can't get rid of this guy' date=' does he not want to play football, happy to sit around and collect his cash.....:([/quote']

With you Ray, dont get it.

In other news, the reporter at Everton has just done his piece to camera while a toffee stuck a purple vibrator in his ear.

Disgusting.

He hadnt even lubed it.

Would you want to be paid for doing your job' date=' whilst not having to do it?[/quote']

Yes Stu but Football is different to any other industry.

Plus if I am a serious Sportsman with serious sporting ambitions to be the best I can be, get back in the Italy squad etc etc I wouldn't just sit around on my ass....

That's what you think. He'll probably get more game time than Lambert and be a regular sub once Sturridge reaches his annual injury period.

Haha

more game time than Lambert.....never going to happen

You clearly have no idea what is and will happen at our club, Borini is a footnote, we have lots of attacking players now to fill the void if injuries occur, Borini is way way way down the pecking order...

Yes Stu but Football is different to any other industry.

Plus if I am a serious Sportsman with serious sporting ambitions to be the best I can be' date=' get back in the Italy squad etc etc I wouldn't just sit around on my ass....[/quote']

Not necessarily. I remember Assou Ekotto saying he played football because it was his job and he didn't really love the sport.

Not necessarily. I remember Assou Ekotto saying he played football because it was his job and he didn't really love the sport.

Well one example from millions upon millions ain't really a compelling argument.

Most players play for the love of the game, Borini always struck me as a guy who loves the game but he is getting bad advice or his thinking is wrong currently he ends to play for his own sporting career.