Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Are Valdes and Reina identical?

i think some people are forgetting reina's massive dip in form in his last season or 2 at the club.

he wasn't the player he once was.

some way thats due to his GK coach leaving and hodgson's methods and new training coach coming in..who knows, either way since then he really has declined a lot.

"Mario Balotelli was reportedly subbed off in a closed friendly earlier after kicking a Wolves player in the head". it only the beginning more to came :P ofcourse it not a big deal it just close door friendly. it probably not even true media just wanna start the nonsense

but in another hand let see if rodgers can control him (good luck)

iq6aW9xvwEE8l.gif

Balotelli is certainly an unusual footballer: Once' date=' while signing an autograph for a child, Balotelli learned the kid was being bullied, and then drove across town to confront the bully and discuss the matter with the school principal. And he is famed for his generosity, although this is often portrayed popularly as an inability to handle his money well.

He also has a reputation for volatility and immaturity, and is often criticized for getting in fights with teammates. He once threw a dart at a younger player. You hear a lot that Balotelli is crazy and/or lazy. You hear that he stays out late.

Now, I think some of Balotelli’s professional behavior has been poor, and I’m not here to defend it. But look at the way we treat white players:

Liverpool’s Robbie Fowler once PRETENDED TO SNORT THE WHITE POWDER OF THE TOUCH LINE after scoring a goal, in reference to his cocaine use.

Craig Bellamy drunkenly beat a teammate with a golf club.

Peter Beagrie once drunkenly stole someone’s motorbike and drove it through a hotel’s plate glass window.

Point being, in all the cases above (and many, many, many more) the offenses were seen as youthful indiscretions, or as hilarious examples of Boys being Boys.

Fowler is now a coach; Beagrie is now a well-respected commentator; and Bellamy is still playing. You rarely hear about his on- and off-field indiscretions, even though they’re probably more numerous than Balotelli’s. Meanwhile, Balotelli makes the news (and gets fined $200,000) for eating curry.

Those of you who follow football will begin to hear a lot about Balotelli. You will hear about how he cried after being substituted (although you might not hear that he cried because he had to sit on the bench while racist chants rang through the stadium). You will hear about how he is “wild” and “unpredictable” and “lazy.”

But watch him play. Watch how good and smart and creative he can be, how he can find paths to goal that make people call him lazy (they called Messi lazy, too, remember) when really he is just waiting, like the chess master who sees four moves ahead. Watch him off the ball, moving to reshape the opposition’s defense.

And then watch him score, turn around unsmiling, and lift his shirt to ask the immense and complicated question.

Whose quote have you pinched for this post then? :P

Daniel Agger doing another impression of being Father Christmas by paying out for the Danish Homeless Team to go and compete in the Homeless World Cup in China.

Seriously top lad, how many times does he make gestures like this, seriously nice bloke.....although obviously straight after joining Brondby he got injured again :o

Don't worry, next year will be your year haha

In all seriousness though, Mario Balotelli hasn't changed, his attitude towards the game is still frankly pathetic and when Sturridge and Sterling aren't playing there's nothing.

It's a shame as I love watching Coutinho Sterling and Sturridge together as the football they produce is breath taking!:o

I'm also quite bitter with the peformances as Balotelli, Coutinho and Lovren were in my dream team! :rolleyes: