Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

To use a monopoly expression...

We used a Get Out Of Jail card there.

Credit to Ludogrets a very decent side and for me more than merited a draw.

I really am finding almost impossible to find anything positive to say bar we got the three points playing poorly.

Defensively we still look a shambles, seem incapable of closing a game down, sticking to a shape and I have said it time and time again on this thread and will repeat it again Mignolet is not good enough for a top four side and nobody can convince me Pepe ain't a better keeper.

To use a monopoly expression...

We used a Get Out Of Jail card there.

Credit to Ludogrets a very decent side and for me more than merited a draw.

I really am finding almost impossible to find anything positive to say bar we got the three points playing poorly.

Defensively we still look a shambles' date=' seem incapable of closing a game down, sticking to a shape and I have said it time and time again on this thread and will repeat it again [b']Mignolet is not good enough for a top four side[/b] and nobody can convince me Pepe ain't a better keeper.

This, seems to make mistake after mistake. Just doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. Good shot stopper but the rest of his game is poor.

Also think Mario was awful tonight, goal should help him but it was his movement IMO that simply restricted the team. Suarez and Sturridge have great movement and stretch games, pull defenders about to allow others space and I just think Mario is static and cramps everything up and makes teams more compact. Lots of work and decisions for BR to make but the sooner Sturridge is back the better.

This' date=' seems to make mistake after mistake. Just doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. Good shot stopper but the rest of his game is poor.

Also think Mario was awful tonight, goal should help him but it was his movement IMO that simply restricted the team. Suarez and Sturridge have great movement and stretch games, pull defenders about to allow others space and I just think Mario is static and cramps everything up and makes teams more compact. Lots of work and decisions for BR to make but the sooner Sturridge is back the better.[/quote']

Agree with most of that. He was the same against Villa as well. I'd much rather have Lambert, maybe even Borini, play up front as a lone striker. Balotelli can be very effective with two up front though. If he had taken his chances against Spurs he could've had a hat trick. Largely thanks to the work Sturridge was doing to give him space.

Not a great performance but a wins a win :D

Few points to make.

I'm really pleased with our fullbacks, Moreno in particular. He's really great. They're both so mobile as well which is perfect for our game.

Happy to see Balotelli score. Think he actually played quite well apart from his shooting.

Mingolet is Mignolet. He makes me a little worried but I'd still rather have him than Reina. Reina was terrible towards the end and just could save any shots which was a shame as he was world class at one point. I'm hoping we can get someone better than Mignolet. Valdes hopefully?

Hope we stick to the diamond.

Well that was rather painful but a win is a win! I thought Moreno was very good, & if Manquillo can keep hold of the ball a bit better he looks just as exciting.

I worry for you against Basel (let alone Real) and they keep the ball better & are pretty snappy on the counter, & if you give the ball away as much as you did tonight you could end up conceding a worrying amount of goals.

I will end it with two positives as it isn't my intention to bash Liverpool (tonight anyways :P) - fantastic to see Balotelli score, & how nice it was to not have to watch Utd on itv!

This thread is shocking sometimes:rolleyes: We just won in our first game back in the Champions League, relax a little. If there's one thing we've learnt over the last 5 years as Liverpool fans, surely it's patience? There were 5 new signings that started, of course things aren't going to be as coherent and smooth as they were last season. If that much wasn't very obvious before then surely the performance against Villa showed that things are going to take some time? Not to mention it was more than half the teams first time playing in the Champions League. Dortmund took a year to adjust to things, and City still haven't managed to click in it yet. This time last year we were playing worse than this yet we ended up coming 2nd, it wasn't until about October or November we really started to find some consistency. Give it some time fellas:)

Well that was rather painful but a win is a win! I thought Moreno was very good' date=' & if Manquillo can keep hold of the ball a bit better he looks just as exciting.

I worry for you against Basel (let alone Real) and they keep the ball better & are pretty snappy on the counter, & if you give the ball away as much as you did tonight you could end up conceding a worrying amount of goals.

I will end it with two positives as it isn't my intention to bash Liverpool (tonight anyways :P) - fantastic to see Balotelli score, & how nice it was to not have to watch Utd on itv![/quote']

Ha ha,prefer not watching Utd than watching how Liverpool are outplayed from a team which squad worth is smaller than only 1player from Pool.With that game you'r game against Real will be with cricket result.

Ha ha' date='prefer not watching Utd than watching how Liverpool are outplayed from a team which squad worth is smaller than only 1player from Pool.With that game you'r game against Real will be with cricket result.[/quote']

Yes it's far more likely we smash passed Madrid and then struggle against Basel (which we have in the past)

The smaller teams always play well in big competitions because they play out of their skin. Just look how many teams over performed at the world cup.

Disagree. Smaller clubs tend to do well in disorganized settings (international football), but poorly in against highly cohesive teams (club football).