Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

John W. Henry ‏@John_W_Henry

Oh and sign Reus!

Interesting tweet

IT was purely a bit of banter and a good piece of banter as well it has to be said in response to loads of Liverpool fans telling him what to do...

Balotelli has apparently donated over 10K to the Manchester Dogs home that got torched, good lad.

As a man who absolutely his dog and my old dog who sadly passed away a few months ago always admire somebody who donates to the care of animals, well done Mario :)

I always do it!

CL game and it gets to about the 60th minute, I think its a good idea to lie in bed and hopefully i'm ready to fall asleep by the time the game has ended, but no...... fall asleep and then wake up in the 90th minute as everybody is going wild and we've scored to make it 2-1. Typical, Dan!

Still, we don't do things easy do we? Bit fortunate, but who cares? 3 points to start the group off, bigger tests to come though..... bring it!

IT was purely a bit of banter and a good piece of banter as well it has to be said in response to loads of Liverpool fans telling him what to do...

Balotelli has apparently donated over 10K to the Manchester Dogs home that got torched' date=' good lad.

As a man who absolutely his dog and my old dog who sadly passed away a few months ago always admire somebody who donates to the care of animals, well done Mario :)[/quote']

He's always been a good lad, he just has a funny way of showing it at times.

The smaller teams always play well in big competitions because they play out of their skin. Just look how many teams over performed at the world cup.

That'll explain why Porto humped 6 into one of the worse three sides in the competition.

If one team can play out of their skin and another can't be bothered to play, you've probably got to start blaming the manager and all the millionaires on the football pitch.

Kudos to Liverpool on the win, it's all they needed from the game, score was irrelevant.

I would start Borini today, we certainly need another striker to pair with Balotelli. A lone forward don't really work this season so far.

But I think BR will stick with Balo alone again.

Something like this;

Mignolet

Manquillo - Skrtel - Lovren - Moreno

Lucas - Gerrard

Henderson

Sterling - Balotelli - Markovic

Felt for Lambert against Villa' date=' if your going to go with 2 up surely it has to be Ricky. Done enough over past few seasons to earn a move to Liverpool and go to a World Cup. He should be our go to man IMO way way ahead of Borini otherwise why was he signed?[/quote']

Because Lambert and Balotelli are too similar as players. Borini-Balotelli is a front two that is far more suited to our style.

Because Lambert and Balotelli are too similar as players. Borini-Balotelli is a front two that is far more suited to our style.

That's a fair point but Lambert wearing a blindfold would score goals than Borini, he's useless plain and simple. Nowhere near good enough to play for Liverpool.

That's a fair point but Lambert wearing a blindfold would score goals than Borini' date=' he's useless plain and simple. Nowhere near good enough to play for Liverpool.[/quote']

Given that your club allowed Djimi Traore to win a Champion's League medal, I certainly feels Borini should be given a chance. :D

That's a fair point but Lambert wearing a blindfold would score goals than Borini' date=' he's useless plain and simple. Nowhere near good enough to play for Liverpool.[/quote']

He's not? Sturridge "wasn't good enough" for Manchester or Chelsea. Now look at him. Borini is young, has barely been given a shot at Liverpool and has proved that there's something about him on a couple of occasions.

Nowhere near good enough is quite the statement. Not as bad as

Costa is rubbish.

Then your opinion isn't based on anything other than what you've heard somebody else say. Watch him play football. He can finish.

My opinion is based on what I've seen of Borini of the last couple of years where he's looked average if your being kind. People bang on about how well he done at Sunderland but let's be honest he scored a few pens. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion that's what makes football interesting but IMO he simply isn't good enough for Liverpool.

My opinion is based on what I've seen of Borini of the last couple of years where he's looked average if your being kind. People bang on about how well he done at Sunderland but let's be honest he scored a few pens. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion that's what makes football interesting but IMO he simply isn't good enough for Liverpool.

Agree with everything you said' date=' simply not good enough. Well said.[/color']

The fact the Manchester United season ticket holder and all around laughing stock has got your back should probably make you backtrack on your opinion.

Goals to minutes ratio isn't far off Balotelli's' date=' his finishing must be horrific too.[/quote']

Why would it? Unlike people like yourself I form my own opinions so what you or he thinks doesn't change my opinion in the slightest.

I don't know why you are bothering to entertain it TBH

Anybody who has actually watched him knows he ain't very good at all and nowhere near good enough for a side with aspirations to be at the upper echelons of the League.

His record at Sunderland if you take away penalties was pretty rank awful, said it for years he ain't good enough.

I understand why people are saying Lambert and Balotelli don't naturally strike you as a partnership that look compatible, but how do you know until you try??

I am going to the game today and if I see Borini in the starting line up I will

1- be very disillusioned.

2- If I am Lambert be stewing, Borini was not wanted we tried desperately to get rid of him, I have proven I can score goals regular in the PL and he starts in front of me??

I don't care if We win 5-0 and Borini scores 5 he ain't good enough.

Think Vendetta had the starting line up pretty spot on TBH, only debate is Skrtel/Sakho

Well we wouldn't have won against Ludogorets if Borini hadn't come on because we're a lot better up front with two strikers than we are with one.

I really do think Borini must be very happy with himself at the minute because 95% of our 'fans' called him greedy for staying with us and unambitious, but he's the one that was playing in the UEFA Champions League midweek not our keyboard experts.

Borini and Balotelli up front together is our best bet against West Ham, a team that will try and grind out a 0-0 with the hope they can get a goal from a big hoof from inside their own area. Why? A lot of people have complained about how Balotelli is to static, and that he doesn't create any space like Sturridge or Suarez did. Borini runs, he presses, his off the ball movement not only can get himself into good positions, but more often open up space for his teammates to move into. Imagine Mario Balotelli with space. Hmm, certainly appears more promising than a Mario Balotelli without space. But no Borini is useless I'd much rather try Lambert out with Balotelli because he's a Liverpool fan. :rolleyes:

If we start Lucas however we are going in to be for a long 90 minutes. The Gerrard-Lucas partnership is a duo that HAS been used before, and failed just about every time except when the opposition is absolutely useless, which West Ham aren't.

Harsh words for Borini who just wants to give everything to Liverpool. Respect that heart and determination.

Borini deserves another chance with Balo up to. I think he can do well but when Origi comes in that will be it for one of Borini or Lambert.

I do think Lamberts horrible pre season hurt him a lot. Liverpool are strongest with two strikers

Well we wouldn't have won against Ludogorets if Borini hadn't come on because we're a lot better up front with two strikers than we are with one.

I really do think Borini must be very happy with himself at the minute because 95% of our 'fans' called him greedy for staying with us and unambitious' date=' but he's the one that was playing in the UEFA Champions League midweek not our keyboard experts.

Borini and Balotelli up front together is our best bet against West Ham, a team that will try and grind out a 0-0 with the hope they can get a goal from a big hoof from inside their own area. Why? A lot of people have complained about how Balotelli is to static, and that he doesn't create any space like Sturridge or Suarez did. Borini runs, he presses, his off the ball movement not only can get himself into good positions, but more often open up space for his teammates to move into. Imagine Mario Balotelli with space. Hmm, certainly appears more promising than a Mario Balotelli without space. But no Borini is useless I'd much rather try Lambert out with Balotelli because he's a Liverpool fan. :rolleyes:

If we start Lucas however we are going in to be for a long 90 minutes. The Gerrard-Lucas partnership is a duo that HAS been used before, and failed just about every time except when the opposition is absolutely useless, which West Ham aren't.[/quote']

Borini had absolutely nothing to do with us beating Ludogrets, he was not involved in either goal and did absolutely zilch when he came on,

Borini is pants and it is people like yourself accepting mediocrity that is the problem.

The reality is Rodgers wanted shot of him, the club wanted shot of him why do you think that was???

Lots of us would much rather try Lambert because he has PROVEN he can score goals in the PL on a regular basis, has not had any opportunity yet to showcase what he can do and is a better all round player......simples got nowt to do with whether he supports us as a kid.

Borini had absolutely nothing to do with us beating Ludogrets' date=' he was not involved in either goal and did absolutely zilch when he came on,

Borini is pants and it is people like yourself accepting mediocrity that is the problem.

The reality is Rodgers wanted shot of him, the club wanted shot of him why do you think that was???

Lots of us would much rather try Lambert because he has PROVEN he can score goals in the PL on a regular basis, has not had any opportunity yet to showcase what he can do and is a better all round player......simples got nowt to do with whether he supports us as a kid.[/quote']

Jesus, so much vinegar. Just loan him out to Villa.