Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

I'm not trying to have a dig at United here folks. Merely pointing out that I don't think your team is in a strong enough position to be going around other team threads and laughing about their shortcomings.

But we do have Di Maria for our investment. Who would you say your star signing was this season?

I'm not sure' date=' has Balotelli really been that bad? He hasn't been given much to work with in fairness. Lambert got a shot against Middlesbrough and was diabolical.[/quote']

His lack of opportunities is entirely his own doing tho for me. All he does is drop deep and cramp everything up, pick up the ball 40 yards out and sticks it over the bar. Think he's been dreadful personally.

At the pub watching the games, log on yet more evidence of United fans and the usual trolls on here obsessed with Liverpool and just intent on doing nothing but trolling....

You would think you were blazing it up, instead of having a disappointing points return considering you ain't played anybody of note...

At the pub watching the games' date=' log on yet more evidence of United fans and the usual trolls on here obsessed with Liverpool and just intent on doing nothing but trolling....

You would think you were blazing it up, instead of having a disappointing points return considering you ain't played anybody of note...[/quote']

Nobodies trolling here, Ray. Just pointing something out.

At the pub watching the games' date=' log on yet more evidence of United fans and the usual trolls on here obsessed with Liverpool and just intent on doing nothing but trolling....

You would think you were blazing it up, instead of having a disappointing points return considering you ain't played anybody of note...[/quote']

Logging onto this forum whilst at the pub. Ask one of your mates to have a conversation with you?

But we do have Di Maria for our investment. Who would you say your star signing was this season?

What does it matter who our star signing was? We have a team that will finish in the CL spots, you don't. And why are you writing (or even reading) in the Liverpool thread while you're playing?:confused:

What does it matter who our star signing was? We have a team that will finish in the CL spots' date=' you don't[/b']. And why are you writing (or even reading) in the Liverpool thread while you're playing?:confused:

Are you sure? I would rather have United's team than Liverpool's.

What does it matter who our star signing was? We have a team that will finish in the CL spots' date=' you don't. And why are you writing (or even reading) in the Liverpool thread while you're playing?:confused:[/quote']

Top four not exactly nailed on is it? Even getting into the next round of the CL from a joke CL group hardly nailed on.

What does it matter who our star signing was? We have a team that will finish in the CL spots' date='[/b'] you don't. And why are you writing (or even reading) in the Liverpool thread while you're playing?:confused:

Not trolling, but I don't think you have a team that'll finish top 4 this season or how you can be so confident in your claims.

Can't make my mind up about United yet as we've not been able to field our strongest starting line-up once so far this season and have had to constantly rotate players as well as integrate the new signings.

I wouldn't call it a travesty. More a testament to the sheer power of England as a country. Utter powerhouse of a nation.

Seriously? Not exactly the impression I've gotten. As an outsider who's not particularly clued up on politics' date=' it seems like your government have got their priorities all wrong and you'd have the potential to be a LOT better as a country than you are now. But maybe you being from London have been looked after better than some others. This is way off topic now anyway.

Not trolling, but I don't think you have a team that'll finish top 4 this season or how you can be so confident in your claims.

Can't make my mind up about United yet as we've not been able to field our strongest starting line-up once so far this season and have had to constantly rotate players as well as integrate the new signings.

I might write something a bit more extensively on why I'm so confident. Not bothered right now.

Seriously? Not exactly the impression I've gotten. As an outsider who's not particularly clued up on politics' date=' it seems like your government have got their priorities all wrong and you'd have the potential to be a LOT better as a country than you are now. But maybe you being from London have been looked after better than some others. This is way off topic now anyway.[/quote']

I think there was a touch of sarcasm in that comment;)

I might write something a bit more extensively on why I'm so confident. Not bothered right now.

You aren't alone here in terms of being confident things will go right for us.

Seriously? Not exactly the impression I've gotten. As an outsider who's not particularly clued up on politics' date=' it seems like your government have got their priorities all wrong and you'd have the potential to be a LOT better as a country than you are now. But maybe you being from London have been looked after better than some others. This is way off topic now anyway.

[/quote']

It's the best country in the world by quite some distance. Just a fact.

Here's some of the reasons why I'm confident we'll finish in the top 4.

Sturridge and Balotelli have played together only once, and that game was our 3-0 away win against Spurs. Ever since that game, we’ve had to play without Sturridge (cheers Roy) and it’s clear we’ve not yet figured out playing without him, although the Everton and WBA games were already pretty good from us. We have clearly got the quality and type of players to make it work, and if you don’t believe Rodgers is the man to make it work, you’ve not been paying enough attention.

Lallana looks every bit a Liverpool player. He was born to play in a Brendan Rodgers team and he’s one of the first names on the team sheet imo. Really excited by what Lallana, Sturridge and Sterling can do together. Moreno is another one who looks like an instant success, possibly the best LB I’ve seen play for us. From the other signings Manquillo has looked good, Lovren has had good moments but a lot of the time he looks like a player forced to play next to Martin Skrtel. Markovic has not yet impressed but there’s been a pretty ridiculous overreaction to his performances considering he’s a 20-year-old kid in a new environment.

It’s very early to say anything about our defense but the last two premier league games, we’ve conceded 2 goals: a penalty that wasn’t a penalty and a once-in-a-lifetime shot from distance. Those won’t happen every game so if we can reduce the opposition to as few chances as WBA & Everton had, I think that we’ll be okay there. It’s still not a very good defense but I’ve been pretty pleased with them in the last two games. The Basel game wasn’t bad either but the goal they scored could have been prevented pretty easily imo.

Finally, the reason why I’m so confident is that United and Arsenal have neither been paricularly impressive. United especially considering who they’ve played. What will make me less confident is if Sturridge’s next injury is a longer one (2 months or more) or if we finish 3rd in our CL group and have to play EL. But so far I've seen very little to make me think that we won't finish in the top 4.