Official Liverpool Thread

ian neller

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Why on earth would anyone listen to you since you neither correctly predicted a Newcastle win nor did any Liverpool fans on here predict Liverpool would win the title.

you chat so much brass on here it's unreal. the other day i said not to over react after beating swansea and this game gave a reality check to be beaten by a team of such standards as ... newcastle united...

you chat so much brass on here it's unreal. the other day i said not to over react after beating swansea and this game gave a reality check to be beaten by a team of such standards as ... newcastle united...

Yes but nobody over reacted. We were happy to have won a game and scored for the first time in a little bit. I'm so sorry if you do not like other teams celebrating their wins. The game wasn't a reality check because it was just the same as we've been experiencing since the start of the season. The comments that you've made have absolutely no purpose and now you're defending them as if you've said something insightful.

Yes but nobody over reacted. We were happy to have won a game and scored for the first time in a little bit. I'm so sorry if you do not like other teams celebrating their wins. The game wasn't a reality check because it was just the same as we've been experiencing since the start of the season. The comments that you've made have absolutely no purpose and now you're defending them as if you've said something insightful.

i said to calm down because it wont get you the league...which was fact...now today liverpool were brought back down to earth in a game against a team anyone whos anyone should be looking for three points from

We didn't sign a quality CB no' date=' but our midfield men have been great for us. Blind is playing great, Di Maria we all know about and Herrera is playing sublime when fit.

Not sure how your getting the idea that we didnt sign midfield players when we did.

Should we win our next match then we will be ahead of you lot.[/color']

Even if you go to the Etihad and beat City (and it's a big if) you will be two points above us. If you think we're in a "crisis", you must be having an absolute meltdown, considering you spent even more money than us.

I think you're being a little unfair on Newcastle. They had won three games on the bounce before today, including Spurs and Man City away from home.

i said to calm down because it wont get you the league...which was fact...now today liverpool were brought back down to earth in a game against a team anyone whos anyone should be looking for three points from

Yes but that made no sense because there was no one claiming it would get us the league? Brought back down to Earth? We haven't left the surface all season.

Well after a bit of a breakdown its time to come back to the real world. We'll find our feet with Sturridge, the game against Tottenham wasn't a fluke. Arsenal have had a number of starts like this over the past decade, and despite so much chaos, we're only 3 points off the top 4 still. There's a January transfer market ahead as well and yes people will say Rodgers' is useless when it comes to signings but the last time we opened the check book in January things got a whole lot better.

Well after a bit of a breakdown its time to come back to the real world. We'll find our feet with Sturridge' date=' the game against Tottenham wasn't a fluke. Arsenal have had a number of starts like this over the past decade, and despite so much chaos, we're only 3 points off the top 4 still. There's a January transfer market ahead as well and yes people will say Rodgers' is useless when it comes to signings but the last time we opened the check book in January things got a whole lot better.[/quote']

Best of luck to y'all. :) I'd like to see the league contested by 4-5 teams rather than what currently looks like 2 teams.

I do worry about this notion from some fans that as soon as we get Sturridge back everything will be hunky dory.

For starters it is not fair on Studge who has been out a long time and will need game time to get up to speed and rediscover his touch, fitness. He can't be expected to do everything by himself.

Yes he will offer us a lot of things which are severely lacking up front at the minute in terms of pace, movement and intelligence more importantly but our problems run much deeper than the notion that the return of one man will solve all of our current issues.

I do worry about this notion from some fans that as soon as we get Sturridge back everything will be hunky dory.

For starters it is not fair on Studge who has been out a long time and will need game time to get up to speed and rediscover his touch' date=' fitness. He can't be expected to do everything by himself.

Yes he will offer us a lot of things which are severely lacking up front at the minute in terms of pace, movement and intelligence more importantly but our problems run much deeper than the notion that the return of one man will solve all of our current issues.[/quote']

I did not say that. As I did say, we are very well capable of repeating the standard of performance we produced when we did have him, when he is back. While yes as you point out the problems are bigger than just no Sturridge, having him back will be like putting in a missing piece of the jigsaw.

These posts just prove how little you really know about the Premier League. Apart from the usual suspects (one of them Newcastle turned over in midweek) there are quite a few clubs surprising many this season such as Southampton who many had as relegation fodder' date=' West Ham and Swansea all whom many would have perhaps not predicted a 1/4 of the way through the season would be where they are currently.

As legendary lemon has said nobody over reacted to the Swansea win so not sure where you get that from. You are doing my team a disservice, which just proves your ignorance in regards to many premiership clubs. We had a bad start like many and are just starting to find our feet and as such are now benefitting from the hard work done in training.

I am my own teams biggest critic but to insinuate we are the premier leagues whipping boys (see bolded part) is not just harsh but wrong. We have proven with wins against City, Spurs and now Liverpool that we can mix it with the big boys and we have a lot of great youngsters coming through which was evident with the likes of Dummett, Ameobi, Abeid, Aarons and Armstrong all staking there claims to be included in the first team on a regular basis in recent games.[/font']

These posts just prove how little you really know about the Premier League. Apart from the usual suspects (one of them Newcastle turned over in midweek) there are quite a few clubs surprising many this season such as Southampton who many had as relegation fodder' date=' West Ham and Swansea all whom many would have perhaps not predicted a 1/4 of the way through the season would be where they are currently.

As legendary lemon has said nobody over reacted to the Swansea win so not sure where you get that from. You are doing my team a disservice, which just proves your ignorance in regards to many premiership clubs. We had a bad start like many and are just starting to find our feet and as such are now benefitting from the hard work done in training.

I am my own teams biggest critic but to insinuate we are the premier leagues whipping boys (see bolded part) is not just harsh but wrong. We have proven with wins against City, Spurs and now Liverpool that we can mix it with the big boys and we have a lot of great youngsters coming through which was evident with the likes of Dummett, Ameobi, Abeid, Aarons and Armstrong all staking there claims to be included in the first team on a regular basis in recent games.[/font']

Have to say - you've definately got something there in Aarons - very impressed with him, lovely movement with and without the ball, thinks positive and has two good feet. If he keeps getting games under his belt he could be something really quite special.

Have to say - you've definately got something there in Aarons - very impressed with him' date=' lovely movement with and without the ball, thinks positive and has two good feet. If he keeps getting games under his belt he could be something really quite special.[/quote']

The lad oozes confidence and is just back from injury so is not firing on all cylinders just yet. What is exciting about him on top of what you have already said is he is blisteringly quick and direct, most certainly gives us something a little different going forward. Abeid as well was outstanding and certainly benefitted from his season long loan at Panathinaikos last season. I have said all along we have the foundations of a very good side just need fat Mike to dip his hand in his pocket so we can bring in a much needed quality CB and a CF.

I did not say that. As I did say' date=' we are very well capable of repeating the standard of performance we produced when we did have him, when he is back. While yes as you point out the problems are bigger than just no Sturridge, having him back will be like putting in a missing piece of the jigsaw.[/quote']

In didn't mean specifically you, I was talking more Liverpool fans in general.

Everybody seems to be basing everything will be great based on one game at Tottenham who are quite possibly even more disjointed and easier to play against than us which is saying something....

It seems illogical to presume anything off the back of one game rather than taking the performances this season in context..

Yes we will be better for a fully fit Sturridge (that may take a bit of time) but I am not sure it will show the rapid levels of improvement that some fans seem to be suggesting...

The thought of him and Origi in the future is an exciting one though, Origi really does seem to me to have a wealth of potential.

Everybody seems to be basing everything will be great based on one game at Tottenham who are quite possibly even more disjointed and easier to play against than us which is saying something....

To be fair, Tottenham weren't actually that bad when we played them and if we had played against them the same way we did against Newcastle, QPR, we would've been killed.

I think there's too many problems for Sturridge to personally fix, would start with moving Gerrard further up the pitch and play Lucas in dm, I think Gerrard was only integral there when we played our counter attacking football, otherwise he doesn't offer much defensively. Quite worrying just the number of problems we have, think Sterling needs a rest, don't understand how Rodgers can lambast Hodgson about not giving him rest and then play him in as many games as he has recently, he's gradually lost his influence in matches in my opinion. Would also drop Lovren for Kolo, maybe give Lambert or borini a run of matches (or maybe both). It's just scary the lack of tweaking Rodgers is doing, he seems to thoroughly believe this current one up top tactic will work.

There are not really that many options available in change of personnel we need a change in terms of mentality and to start to have an actual shape...

The team just looks like three separate compartments at the minute having no function or connection to the other parts. We don't seem to be able to operate as a "unit" defensively and have lost all sense of adventure and attacking intent, we are negative at present.

I know Matt may disagree but Newcastle really are nothing special they are alright but look at how poor we were and they barely scraped by us, we should be putting a team as limited as Newcastle to the sword but we just lack all cohesion, there is no sense of this being a "team" at present and the lack of fight and desire was shocking, there was an acceptance which I can't tolerate.

Don't get me wrong Newcastle deserved there win but not because of any real quality or being better just they had more desire....

Balotelli cannot and should not play on his own up front anymore, if he wants to play one up for God sake give Lambert a chance, the criticism is unfair on Lambo. Give him a run if games like Mario has had and if he fails to deliver then fair enough but currently it is unfair.

The definition of madness is doing the same things over and over again and expecting things to be different.....and we are certainly falling in to that trap at present.

There are not really that many options available in change of personnel we need a change in terms of mentality and to start to have an actual shape...

The team just looks like three separate compartments at the minute having no function or connection to the other parts. We don't seem to be able to operate as a "unit" defensively and have lost all sense of adventure and attacking intent' date=' we are negative at present.

I know Matt may disagree but Newcastle really are nothing special they are alright but look at how poor we were and they barely scraped by us, we should be putting a team as limited as Newcastle to the sword but we just lack all cohesion, there is no sense of this being a "team" at present and the lack of fight and desire was shocking, there was an acceptance which I can't tolerate.

Don't get me wrong Newcastle deserved there win but not because of any real quality or being better just they had more desire....

Balotelli cannot and should not play on his own up front anymore, if he wants to play one up for God sake give Lambert a chance, the criticism is unfair on Lambo. Give him a run if games like Mario has had and if he fails to deliver then fair enough but currently it is unfair.

The definition of madness is doing the same things over and over again and expecting things to be different.....and we are certainly falling in to that trap at present.[/quote']

I don't think we are anything special just yet but on the flip side we are not the premier leagues whipping boys as one forumer insinuated. We are not far short from being a very good team, but that is more down to the emergence of youth rather than recent signings, which bar Janmaat have been uninspiring.

We will always be a mid table team whilst fat Mike is unwilling to back us with cold hard cash which is a shame because the structure is there in terms of youth coming through but they need to have far more quality around them than we have at our disposal currently.

I like the sound of Fabian Delph and Asier Illarramendi.

Particularly Delph.

Would be just an average signing that we'd no doubt overpay for' date=' not even what we need.

[url']http://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ByManager/25-1[/url]

Never seen a bigger list of flops in my life, I imagine 212 Million could have been spent a lot better than that. Dalglish has a bad rep for his purchases but spent half the amount that Rodgers did and not forgetting was the one who brought in Suarez and Henderson, Rodgers only really has Coutinho and Sturridge to his name.

Think this is an advertisement for why a Director of Football is so important in the modern game, I really can't trust Rodgers to bring in what we need.

Goalkeeper/Defensive Midfielder/Centre Back have to be a priority in January, Goalkeeper especially.

Would be just an average signing that we'd no doubt overpay for' date=' not even what we need.

[url']http://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ByManager/25-1[/url]

Never seen a bigger list of flops in my life, I imagine 212 Million could have been spent a lot better than that. Dalglish has a bad rep for his purchases but spent half the amount that Rodgers did and not forgetting was the one who brought in Suarez and Henderson, Rodgers only really has Coutinho and Sturridge to his name.

Think this is an advertisement for why a Director of Football is so important in the modern game, I really can't trust Rodgers to bring in what we need.

Goalkeeper/Defensive Midfielder/Centre Back have to be a priority in January, Goalkeeper especially.

Rodgers wouldn't work with one and we're already seeing the negative effects of having someone other than him having too big of a say in our transfers. Certain players of ours are thought to be signings who were never Rodgers' choices but were forced on him. Sakho, Balotelli, Aspas, Assaidi for example. Fair enough Aspas and Assaidi didn't cost much at all but I've always got the feeling that Rodgers has never given Sakho the same chances as others because he's not his player. I think it's a message he's trying to send that he needs 100% control. And I'd rather he had that in stead of having players that he really doesn't want... which then leads to him putting Martin Skrtel on the pitch.:o

Calm down.

We not gonna sign all that kind of players during January.

All we need is new set of defensive coach, goalkeeping coach and a freaking common sense of Rodgers to start 2 up front.

The only explanation during Newcastle game poor performance is our players distracted by Madrid game this midweek.