• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synyster

• ray1981

• Vendetta

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Liverpool Thread The end of another season and I just want to lay down some of my ideas, hopes and aspirations for our beloved LFC. It was a disappointing season, finishing 6th due to a

Re: Official Liverpool Thread I'm a complete Suarez convert. Couldn't care less what he's done in the past, or that he may have gone down slightly theatrically in the odd game or two. He absorbs qui

Re: Official Liverpool Thread Just compiled andy carroll's match highlights..

Posted Images

Re: Official Liverpool Thread

Rodgers, what a stubborn man. Should have throw *Borini in the last few minute.

And what the heck happened to our players, all they can do is passing, passing, passing and dancing, dancing, dancing inside the box. Try shoot the ball for once for god sake.

1 shot on target and yes, coming from our freaking DM.

Truly disgusted.

* Should at least bring him into the squad.

Less said about that game the better....

On the plus side at least we found out that Markovic is alive and well' date=' he had been missing for so long that I thought something may had happened to him....[/quote']

He only got his chances because he is the only one is attacking minded from the bench.

And what the heck happened to our players.

Your best one left and was attempted to be replaced by a clown and a child who has no interest in football and continues to do stupid things on Social media to get attention. He always goes to Boxing matches instead of being with his team before a match.

The list can go on but I'll leave it there. Big changes is needed for you lot' date=' and it won't happen in Januray because the problems are to big. :eek:[/color']

Trying to land a striker in Jan is going to be tough I feel. No secret players cost more in Jan than at the end of the season. Think we missed a big opportunity in the summer when we actually had pretty good pulling power to get a big name. Not to sure on going out and spending big money on someone from Europe either, think we need someone who's proven in this league but obviously that narrows your market. Can we really afford to spend big and then wait for a foreigner to settle? GK, DM and CF the three priorities and I'm not convinced we'll solve any of them in Jan.

"It is an opportunity for the players to qualify and make sure they write themselves into folklore."

As Liverpool fans, some of which have seen multiple league titles, most who have seen at least 1 European Cup lifted, do you not find this statement ridiculous and just generally cringey?

It's Basel at home in a CL group stage match. Admittedly in the context of your season it's a big match, but folklore? Jesus wept.

Brendan Rodgers continues to out do himself.

"It is an opportunity for the players to qualify and make sure they write themselves into folklore."

As Liverpool fans' date=' some of which have seen multiple league titles, most who have seen at least 1 European Cup lifted, do you not find this statement ridiculous and just generally cringey?

It's Basel at home in a CL group stage match. Admittedly in the context of your season it's a big match, but folklore? Jesus wept.

Brendan Rodgers continues to out do himself.[/quote']

http://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2013/apr/02/brendan-rodgers-david-brent-quotes-quiz

Massive night tonight, don't care what anybody thinks of Brendon's quotes TBH what do you expect him to say, he is trying to get the players motivated, inspired and realise the importance of the occasion.

Rafa said similar things about us in 2005 and nobody was laughing at the end of that were they.....

Now before people leap on that no I am not saying that we are gunna win the European Cup! Hell we might not even qualify tonight and the reality is that if we do get through we most probably will get knocked out in the next round but if you don't believe then what's the point?!

I think the team will be as follows:

Mignolet

Johnson

Manquillo

Skrtel

Toure

Lucas

Allen

Henderson

Gerrard

Sterling

Lambert

I think he will go with the players he trusts, it won't be easy but I believe we will do it. :)

EDIT: Lovren and Enrique in for Manquillo and Toure.

Nine out of 11 ain't bad, shows I was not cheating LOL

Toure not even on the bench guess he is injured, can't see any other reason for leaving him out, you wouldn't wanna change Skrtel/Toure who have been a more solid partnership of late, still not great by any means but a big improvement on the past 12 months or so.

Massive night tonight' date=' don't care what anybody thinks of Brendon's quotes TBH what do you expect him to say, he is trying to get the players motivated, inspired and realise the importance of the occasion.

Rafa said similar things about us in 2005 and nobody was laughing at the end of that were they.....

Now before people leap on that no I am not saying that we are gunna win the European Cup! Hell we might not even qualify tonight and the reality is that if we do get through we most probably will get knocked out in the next round but if you don't believe then what's the point?!

Mignolet

Johnson

Manquillo

Skrtel

Toure

Lucas

Allen

Henderson

Gerrard

Sterling

Lambert

I think he will go with the players he trusts, it won't be easy but I believe we will do it. :)[/quote']

Your team's been announced...

Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Enrique; Lucas; Gerrard, Henderson; Sterling, Allen; Lambert.

Massive night tonight' date=' don't care what anybody thinks of Brendon's quotes TBH what do you expect him to say, he is trying to get the players motivated, inspired and realise the importance of the occasion.

Mignolet

Johnson

Manquillo

Skrtel

Toure

Lucas

Allen

Henderson

Gerrard

Sterling

Lambert

I think he will go with the players he trusts, it won't be easy but I believe we will do it. :)

EDIT: Lovren and Enrique in for Manquillo and Toure.

Nine out of 11 ain't bad, shows I was not cheating LOL

Toure not even on the bench guess he is injured, can't see any other reason for leaving him out, you wouldn't wanna change Skrtel/Toure who have been a more solid partnership of late, still not great by any means but a big improvement on the past 12 months or so.[/quote']

Totally agree definitely wouldn't be making a change to our shape,only problem is getting that goal we need but Lambert will be proper up for this is he starts. Nervous if we get a lead as I don't think we'll hold it, need to get at least 2. But I hope the Basel curse won't strike again and knock us out on the final game again.

Totally agree definitely wouldn't be making a change to our shape' date='only problem is getting that goal we need but Lambert will be proper up for this is he starts. Nervous if we get a lead as I don't think we'll hold it, need to get at least 2. But I hope the Basel curse won't strike again and knock us out on the final game again.[/quote']

I think we need to be solid as scoring goals is a real problem right now, so imperative we keep it tight at the back.

TBH Lambert looks absolute knackered this will be his 6th game in sixteen days and even though I think he is a player who needs regular games I think that is to much for a player of his ilk, but we don't really have many options currently due to injuries so will just have to carry on.

I hope we get a really nice comfortable night, but this is Liverpool it never works out that way, think it is going to be very edgy, nervous and unbearable to watch at times.....

I really can't see there being many goals TBH.

Absolutely woeful so far....

Instead of being inspired by the occasion they are behaving like shrinking violets, so so nervous and paralysed by fear IMO.

We should be out already,

So paceless, no attacking cohesion whatsoever, the movement of the ball is painfully slow....

Gotta keep the faith....:o